• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

So, what's the layout for the 8S - RHW-4 splitter? Because I just can't figure it out.

Also, as mentioned previously, the DTR Y-splitter lacks LHD paths. Surprisingly, aside from the ramp piece metioned above, it's the only thing in my game that's functionally broken (though numerous ramps have texture bugs... I'll have to compile them I guess...)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

tomvsotis

Damn, this is ... exciting! I can't wait for the Mac version :)

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 31, 2015, 06:11:52 PM
So, what's the layout for the 8S - RHW-4 splitter? Because I just can't figure it out.

That ramp (which is now called the 8S D2 ramp) uses the pattern on the right side of the third row below (labeled "D2 Out"), with all of the arrows shown:

Ganaram modified my original version of this diagram to show 8S-specific pattern pieces with the blue arrows, and recolored the arrows needed for the X2 ramp types in red.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

mgb204

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 31, 2015, 06:11:52 PM
Also, as mentioned previously, the DTR Y-splitter lacks LHD paths.

I'll take a look at that one, should be able to resolve it for the final release.

GDO29Anagram

I believe I can FlexFly.

http://www.youtube.com/v/mlBVa_-TxLY

Fun fact: prior estimates put the required amount of code needed for all FlexFlys at about a million lines of code. Currently, it's 100000 for all FlexFlys, all the way to L4. In comparison, the old FlexFlys, all four of them, needed a total of about 50000 lines of code.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

b22rian

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 30, 2015, 11:00:02 AM
I'll be posting teaser videos that outline new content and any changes throughout the next several days. Note: there are ten videos in total.

Gram,

thanks you so much for  creating these videos.
I cannot tell you how helpful they are to nam users in the community..
They are utterly fantastic as all your videos always are..  :thumbsup:

I wanted to quickly mention that I see you mention 10 videos in total.
On your u tube play list however I just checked now and there seems to be only 9 there ..
Are you still working on the last video than ?

Brian

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: b22rian on August 02, 2015, 03:22:06 AM
I wanted to quickly mention that I see you mention 10 videos in total.
On your u tube play list however I just checked now and there seems to be only 9 there ..
Are you still working on the last video than ?

Due to problems with exporting, I had to cut one of the vids into two pieces and then add yet another video in between the two to emphasise the usefulness of the DRIs. So there's, I think, 11 or 12 videos in total now. I'm working on video 10 right now.

So, as a list of videos that I've already published:
- Video 1: DRIs I (Type A1 and B1)
- Video 2: Disconnector
- Video 3: <SECRET FEATURE>
- Video 4: <MYSTERY FEATURE>
- Video 5: FlexFlys
- Video 6: DRIs II (Type D1 and E1 Outside)
- Video 7: RHW Changes (Uploaded prematurely)

Speaking of which, video 6 is now launched.

http://www.youtube.com/v/G4h0Jq2vClQ
<INACTIVE>
-----

LReyomeXX

What is this all about and am I supposed to be concerned

SEVERE: The XML file "resources\xml\RUL2_IID_structure.xml" is unreadable

It showed up during the Controller Compiler stage of the install, which because it's done in a command line prompt window, no log is saved.

I decided to use UniExtract to extract the entire installer to a folder, and this is where I have a backup located of the file. I know you use these NSIS installers to stop people from fixing problems on their own without a reinstall

I:\Temp1_NetworkAddonMod_33PR.zip\NetworkAddonMod Setup 33-PR\$_OUTDIR\Controller Compiler\resources\xml\RUL2_IID_structure.xml

is where my backup is

NielsC007

The RHW 8C L2 E1 exits seems to have to wrong textures and models. The paths are fine though.

mgb204

Quote from: LReyomeXX on August 02, 2015, 01:43:55 PM
What is this all about and am I supposed to be concerned

SEVERE: The XML file "resources\xml\RUL2_IID_structure.xml" is unreadable

It's not actually anything to worry about, functionally everything is working, some erroneous code or such produces the error, it should be sorted for the final release.

I know you use these NSIS installers to stop people from fixing problems on their own without a reinstall

Whilst you are correct in a sense, that is that we wouldn't officially support users doing this, that's not really the rationale behind the installer.

The installer has one of the most efficient compression algorithms out there which is a massive benefit in terms of bandwidth - we've just hit over 1GB for the NAM package with the latest build incidentally - but also it makes far more sense for users. With such a number of options and what is a pretty complex mod, it would simply be a nightmare to do anything except package it into an installer. Unlike many installers on the LEX/STEX at least you can manually extract it, if you want to do that and know what you are doing, generally speaking we're fine with that, just don't expect our help if it goes wrong.

Tarkus

Quote from: NielsC007 on August 02, 2015, 01:46:42 PM
The RHW 8C L2 E1 exits seems to have to wrong textures and models. The paths are fine though.

The textures and models were actually fine, but they weren't being used, as the E1 exemplars were referencing the B1 models.  It's now fixed. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Tarkus on August 02, 2015, 08:04:24 PM
The textures and models were actually fine, but they weren't being used, as the E1 exemplars were referencing the B1 models.  It's now fixed. :thumbsup:

-Alex
Might a similar coding error be behind why the 8C A2 ramp doesn't override to L1/L2? If Ganaram's new periodic table is correct (and I have no reason to doubt it is), that ramp should have elevated models. Perhaps the model references didn't get copy/pasted?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on August 02, 2015, 09:52:34 PM
Might a similar coding error be behind why the 8C A2 ramp doesn't override to L1/L2? If Ganaram's new periodic table is correct (and I have no reason to doubt it is), that ramp should have elevated models. Perhaps the model references didn't get copy/pasted?

Thing is, I don't think there are any ramps like that.

Also, these are the only Dedicated DRIs that I know for sure have elevated versions (there are probably I may have missed; ramps obtained by overriding a ramp using a different network don't count):
- RHW-2 Type D1 and E1
- RHW-4 Type D1 Outside and Inside
- RHW-6S Type A2
- RHW-6S Type D2
- RHW-8S Type D2
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

The 8C A2 is indeed without an elevated version, so that's an intentional omission (no models).  I think there are A1, B1, D1, and E1 across the board (for the networks that can have them, excluding the L1/L2 RHW-3).  Because of the 6S overhang, the 8S also cannot have a normal D1, nor can the 6S have an A1. The only A2 that's elevated is the 6S, and the only D2 elevated ramps are the 6S and 8S.  There are no B2 or E2 elevated ramps as of yet, nor are there any elevated wide ramps (hence Geometry123's issue).  We did add a ton of elevated ramps this version, but this is still Phase 1 of a longer-term project.

-Alex

Kuewr665

When I place a FlexRamp Type A2, it looks like the setup on the lower left, and when I try to drag RHW from it, it reverts to RHW-2.

Tarkus

Quote from: Kuewr665 on August 03, 2015, 01:45:04 AM
When I place a FlexRamp Type A2, it looks like the setup on the lower left, and when I try to drag RHW from it, it reverts to RHW-2.

Already reported (Issue #219) and fixed on our end.  It'll work properly in the finalized NAM 33 release.  In the meanwhile, the draggable version of that ramp is unaffected--see woodb3kmaster's diagram if you're unsure of the pattern needed to do so.

-Alex

townfolk

Hi,

In Nam 33, does transitions exist for going from 5 or 4 lane one-way road into 4(8s) or 5(10s) lane RHW?

Tarkus

Unfortunately, there are no functioning transitions to go between OWR-4-to-RHW-8S or OWR-5-to-RHW-10S.  Those probably won't be added until we begin to revisit the NWM, and at this point, I don't know when that will be.

-Alex

dyoungyn

NAM Team,

WONDERFUL and GREAT work you all have achieved NAM Team.  I follow this and other NAM forums for updates of FANTASTIC things to come. 

My only question/concern is will the dragable ramps be slope tolerant?  I primarily make this type of ramps for more realism THANKS to such wonderful people such as the NAM TEAM.  AGAIN, GREAT thanks and simply REMARKABLE!

dyoungyn