• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 19!

Great work there with the TLA-3! And also congrats on more than 10000 views!!!
Looking forward to a new update... ;)

EDGE4194

Nice updates Alex! The TLA-3 looks awesome  :thumbsup:, and am looking forward to seeing more of the SPM

sebes

Alex, I am glad to see you updating again. This MD is totally worth all views that it's getting!

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bakerton

Tarkus, just take a look at my CJ over at Simtropolis (Brown County, Iowa USA) this weekend (4/12 and 4/13) and you will see how I have done it. Anyway, TLA-3 and all the construction looks great and can't wait for TLA serise to be released sometime in the future. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

I'm back yet again, to continue showing some of the road projects around Wakeman.  Today we'll be looking at the Wakeman Boulevard project, a collaboration between the City of Wakeman and TDOT.

Pat:  Congrats again on finding the stuff last time, though that's actually a TLA-3 and not an SLR that was shown in this update. ;)  Though the SLR (or ARD-3, as I am now calling it; ARD=Asymmetrical Road) will be packaged in with the TLAs when they get released to the public . . . whenever that will be. ::)  Thanks for stopping by! :)

mightygoose: Thanks, I'm glad you like the TLA-3, and the SAM dirt road usage--I've found SAM v2 to be a major lifesaver in making these construction scenes. And thanks for congratulating me on the view count as well! 

Haljackey:  Thanks for the compliments!  And that road construction won't be letting up any time soon.   :D  There's always something I find to tear down/improve.  We've got a saying here in Oregon that (at least here in the western part of the state) that there's only two seasons--rainy season and road construction season.  And since it doesn't rain in SC4 (unless you're using Gizmo's weather mod), well . . .   ()stsfd()

Dustin (thundercrack83):  Glad to hear it's to your liking, thanks!  It makes me feel good inside to see this stuff working, and I know I'll reallyfeel better once I finally get it released. :D

Kevin (BigSlark):  Thanks, and I hope you enjoy this feature on the TLA-5!  Hopefully, you'll get to play with it sooner rather than later (it's near an initial Alpha for internal testing, once I finally get around to adjusting a couple paths).

Mauricio (figui):  Thanks, it feels good to get the construction projects going again.  There's a bit of a backlog right now. :D  And I'm glad you like the SPM--there will be more where that came from soon. ;)

Joan (Jmouse):  Thanks!  And I'm glad to hear your map is still in good shape.  Hopefully, I'll have some additions to it soon. ;)

EDGE4194:  Thanks for the compliments on the TLA-3, and I'm looking forward to getting the SPM expanded a little more myself. :) 

sebes:  Thanks, I'm happy to get this MD back in the swing of things, and I'm flattered to hear you think it's deserving of the view count. :)

bakerton:  Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the TLA-3 and the construction, and I will definitely check out Brown County [linkie] this weekend--looking forward to seeing what you've come up with. :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wakeman Boulevard Project

This project will widen Wakeman Boulevard (Highway 24) from 2 to 5 lanes (4 with center turn lane) between South 6th Avenue and South 22nd Avenue in the Wakeman City Limits.  This section of roadway is the busiest in the area, averaging 54,000 trips per day.1

(Here's another link to the current Wakeman map, for your convenience: )

This was the existing segment Wakeman Boulevard, between the intersections with South 11th and 17th Avenues.  You can see the Right-of-Way is already plowed under in preparation.  (Looking north)

This is the intersection with South 11th Avenue beforehand. (Looking east)

And here's the section between 11th and 17th again.  (Looking north)

This is the intersection with 19th after construction. (Looking east)

This is in front of the Wakeman Crossing shopping center. (Looking north)

The intersection with 22nd and Wakeman (looking east).  Note that 22nd is 3 lanes all the way through now, and on the right hand corner, you can get a glimpse of work beginning on the 22nd Avenue extension.

The intersection of 11th and Wakeman after construction (looking east). 

Also as part of the project, a small segment of South 11th Avenue near Cascadia Community College was widened from 2 to 5 lanes as well.

Hope you enjoyed this latest construction project! 

-Alex (Tarkus)

1This is figuring that the values shown in-game are hourly figures.  From my own analysis of RL and SC4 data, this appears to be an accurate assumption, but is still mere speculation.

Shadow Assassin

Very nice work!

I quite like the TLs, it seems the city's expanding quite quickly.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Haljackey

Wow, amazing stuff Tarkus! 

That fourth picture shows a... Road/ave intersection with turn lanes!  Can it be true?  If so, that's freakin amazing! 

Also, excellent work with the shopping centre.  It looks very realistic!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Looks great. I love the transit-oriented way how you present the whole area.
In the "The intersection of 11th and Wakeman after construction (looking east)"-picture, are the cars that are perpendicular to the avenue's directions, turning to get onto the other lane? Awesome.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

mightygoose

fantastic widening project.. really realistic looking although there are missing turning lanes in the last picture...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

Your Wakeman map is looking fantastic there! And also like your newest construction project!!

Looking forward to the next...

EDGE4194

:thumbsup: those TLAs look great!  So when are you going to release that terrain mod of yours?

Pat

Hey Alex fantastic update other then the 2 broken pics I see darn my luck lol... Pics 1 & 2 are not working but other then that wow!!! Hey where did you come up with the name Wakeman anyways???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

Nice construction there Tarkus. Wakeman is a nice looking city to live in minus all the construction going around. Any mass transit? Keep the work up and great job sofar. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

superhands

quackmofro

Nice update, Alex. The TLA looks stunning, indeed. One question that I've been meaning to ask: Where did you find the replacements for the default power lines? The in-game version is just unrealistic, and the ones you use look more like the high-voltage towers I see around.

Honestly, though, your work amazes me. Just another chapter in the TDOT records.

Jmouse

Well, still following the construction/reconstruction projects with great interest, and now looking at the turning lanes in awe. So this is just a note to let you know The Mouse is kind of lurking in the shadows for the moment, but still watching intently! ;)

Later...
Joan

sebes

Wow - what a project again. I wish the mayor and city board of Amsterdam will pay a visit to Wakeman and Argentum, they sure can learn something there.

Lovely pictures and the 5-lane avenues are looking excellent Alex!  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Starmanw402007

Fantastic job on the widening project Tarkus. I'm looking forward to using those TLA and other projects myself.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

rusummer1

Great MD, will be looking forward to more and keep up the good work! &apls
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

jplumbley

Quote from: Tarkus on April 11, 2008, 06:49:36 PM

Also as part of the project, a small segment of South 11th Avenue near Cascadia Community College was widened from 2 to 5 lanes as well.

Plagarism... Using unreleased material that hasnt even made it to Alpha testing yet!!!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM