• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New heavy elevated rail viaducts

Started by ArkenbergeJoe, October 29, 2007, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The railway viaducts are to have which texture?

grey natural rocks texture
45 (77.6%)
yellow brick texture
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: November 12, 2007, 09:05:48 AM

jeronij

JA, I will find a use for both versions for sure. Thanks for your excellent work  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

M4346

Quote from: Filasimo on October 31, 2007, 04:38:14 PM
as was talking with jplumbey a whiles back we still got the RAM rail addon mod  :D  so we can keep this goin since we have the NAM SAM now RAM hehe

Don't forget the CAM. :P Not a NAM addition, but still an AM.  :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Tropod

Love the look of the grey ones, the look so natural  :thumbsup:. Definitely would like seeing these replacing the existing ones.

BigSlark

I'm already using the beat yellow version, which I prefer for some reason or another. But a red brick variant would be nice.

Cheers,
Kevin

ArkenbergeJoe

@all: Thanks for the voting

Here is the first funktional Heavy-El-Rail-Station, with the Modells from "Viktorianischen Station"

In the red circle is ar bug with the modells  :(

Pat

These are real sweet models and I do like the grey one but looking more at what you just posted today JA.... Heck Id say release both version for sure wow cause they are great in their own respective rights - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

ArkenbergJoe,

I'm ready and waiting for the heave el rail station, I have lots of places I could use it...

Cheers,
Kevin

ArkenbergeJoe

The Original Modell is from STEX
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=11944
the autor is morifari.
i have now the modding...

Das Original-Modell ist vom STEX. Der Batter ist morifari. Ich habe es nur gemoddet.
Es kann nur mit Zustimmung des Erstellers online gestellt werden... &mmm

Andreas

@ArkenbergeJoe: Leider ist morifari schon lange nicht mehr aktiv, und ich weiß nicht, ob wir ihn kontaktieren können. Aber solange Du am BAT-Modell selbst nichts geändert hast, würde es doch ausreichen, den gemoddeten Lot online zu stellen und auf die Original-Stationen als Abhängigkeit zu verweisen. Davon abgesehen denke ich aber, daß morifari nichts gegen eine Veröffentlichung hat; in der Zeit, als der GLR-Mod als Beta-Version verfügbar war, war er auch damit einverstanden, daß GoaSkin seine BATs auf der temporären GLR-Seite veröffentlicht hat.

Unfortunately, morifari hasn't been active since quite a while, and I don't know if we are able to contact him. However, if you didn't touch the BAT model itself, it would be sufficient to upload the modded lot file and link to the original stations as a dependency. Apart from that, I don't think that morifari wouldn't object such a release; at the time when the GLR mod was developed as beta version, he was ok with publishing his work at the temporary GLR download site GoaSkin put up.
Andreas

ArkenbergeJoe

Ich konnts nicht lassen

This is beta-modell. Is not finished  ;)

QuoteTechnical Instruction:

53264FE0-4, 53264EE0-4 Rail-textures
53264100, 53264110-4, 53264120-4 Modells, Exemplar, LText
A250 - A257 [HigwayIntersectionInfo]
preview_rail_puzzlepiece021

@Andreas: is so O.K...

Toichus Maximus

This is looking very awesome--aside from the MIS, this is my most anticipated release.

Crissa

Everything is grey where I come from.  We haven't any pretty yellow stone and even the yellow brick turns dingy in the rain... All the viaducts in the drier west seem to be dark tarred wood and steel with a few being sandstone or concrete.

-Crissa

ebina

One more vote for greyish color.

Just played with beta version, picture is updated version of "NAM Overpass Support Files for Alternate Rail". Textures of rail viaduct can be anything since my file only changes IIDs of texture that S3D files are referring to.

Biggest change is, there's no brighter rails under overpasses.

NAM's elevated heavy rail uses only one rail texture for both overpass and ground. If that texture was changed to Pegasus's rail, overpass shows dirt shoulder as well as the ground. To avoid it, I set MAXIS' IIDs to ground rail in previous version. But it caused another problem, texture appears a little brighter. It happens when the textures for texture based network are used in 3D model based network. I wanted to solve it somehow though I know it is specification of the game.

Luckily ArkenbergeJoe's viaduct uses new IIDs for rail overpass, I could change texture I said before to Pegasus's rail without "dirt shoulder in the sky" issue. It is unexpected bonus for overpass support files. I've adjusted the brightness of textures, and it's not only for NAM's items. I've expanded it to MAXIS' highway, el-rail and monorail, HSRP is covered by a patch file. There may be something I missed, but "brighter rail" would not appear anymore.

ArkenbergeJoe

Quote from: ebina on November 10, 2007, 04:04:05 AM

Biggest change is, there's no brighter rails under overpasses.
:thumbsup:

Luckily ArkenbergeJoe's viaduct uses new IIDs for rail overpass,...
...It is unexpected bonus for overpass support files...
For my is it expected bonus.  &idea

ArkenbergeJoe

....the next Object:

QuoteTechnical Parameters  "$Deal"$
Railtexture...53264FD0-4, 53264ED0-4
Modelle, Exemplare, LTexte... 53264130, 53264140-4, 53264150-4
[HigwayIntersectionInfo]... A258 - A25F
preview_rail_puzzlepiece022
Costs: 200$ (both junctions)

Howling

So so so much better than the original!  :thumbsup:
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

Shadow Assassin

Indeed, it makes it look even more realistic. I wonder if we can actually use the same technique (where the underpass texture is separate) for the other network models (such as road, avenue, etc). It'd be extremely useful and the process would be less complicated texture-wise.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

The modding of morifari's Victorian Elevated Rail stations is done. :) I have yet to test the diagonal version, but the orthogonal one works fine. :)

Now we only need a red brick skin for the viaduct models... ;)
Andreas

Boernie

Hey, sieht echt gut aus!!
It looks very good!!
:thumbsup:
--Visit http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2426.0 at the MD recently pubsished section--

oh my god, this hospital is full of sick people!!!

Silur

Thank You, Andreas ...
All Your works like HiFi Mercedes !!!
GREAT GERMANY QUALITY !!!