• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Request - Bus Rapid Transit

Started by The_Rock, July 08, 2010, 09:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

It'd most likely be 7.5m. I've tested L1 rail, and it actually looks fine using a 8m hole digger (in fact, the game doesn't PRECISELY do 8m, more like doing it with a small error margin which is really something nitpicky, so not worth worrying about). So yeah, 7.5 is probably going to be it.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

DAB_City

Quote from: strucka on August 25, 2011, 01:36:20 PM
What is actually needed here is either: a) road texture with starter piece, bus stations, the H.O.V. only piece (found at simtropolis) and imagination and Voila, you ve got BRT. Or: b) SAM texture, street HOV piece and street station pieces.

Precisely what I was thinking! Here are the key components for a hypothetical "Buwsay Addon Mod, BAM" plugin, adding BRT to SimCity:

• Street (SAM), Road and/or OWR textures; guided bus track, bus lanes. To be implemented by the NAM Team
• Matching TE bus-only lots, to be released separately, as long as the NAM project does not include TE lots.
• The above lots, with RTMT bus stop integrated, if possible. Otherwise, a (texture matching) RTMT version will suffice.

Other Ideas:

• Automata bus texture mod
• Bus stop (building) mod, replacing the standard Maxis version

Please let me know what you think.  ()stsfd()

P.S. Is mod, as in NAM, spelt as "mod" or modd", generally?
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/