• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barroco Hispano BAT Thread

Started by Barroco Hispano, August 26, 2018, 08:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

fantozzi

Lovely. So lovely.

I can already smell burned rubber in SC4. 887 hp for the sims.

Seven seconds! Yes! Count this: seven seconds to reach the speed of a bullet train: 185 mph.

Thank you. Hope you'll release this soon.

Girafe

Sweet little car.
It's nice to see some BATer continuing the collection of HD cars. It will be always needed to bring variety to the game  :)
Regarding your boats they are lovely, lot of details on models and texturing.
Keep the good work  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Barroco Hispano

Guys: What angles do you recommend for my cars?

Choose only 4 angles.
Barroco Hispano

matias93

0°, 45°, 22,5° & 30°

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

art128

I agree with Matias. The only angles I find "useful" for the game are straight (0°), diagonal (45°) and FAR (22.5° and 30°).. Other angles are cool and all but really only suit the game for a tiny few situation.

Absolutely nice models btw. Very interested in those large ships you're doing. BTW when you render them and test them ingame, would it be possible to let us know if they appear "in" the water or above it?  And what settings you used for them to appear in.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

fantozzi

Yes, Matias and art128 are right. Imho.

Barroco Hispano

thanks for your suggestions  :D
Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

The difference between 22,5° and 30° is very small  ???.

Barroco Hispano

fantozzi

Quote from: alejogc13 on November 14, 2018, 02:12:44 PM
The difference between 22,5° and 30° is very small  ???.

Hm. Yes.  &Thk/(  I'm not shure if 30° is really needed? Most batters do 0 - 22,5 - 45 - so only three variants.

Im not shure about the FAR-angles - aren't they FA-3 (18.4/71.6 degrees), and FA-2 (26.6/63.4 degrees)?
http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Fractional_Angle ()what()

Sorry, someone else have to give a proper answer if 30° is really needed.  &ops

[EDIT]

Degree? What is degree?

matias93

I said 30° thinking on triangles, and the fact that most angular parking lots are normed at 45°, 30° or 60°. In any case, the game doesn't have to work in line with real-life regulations...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

This picture posted by MushyMushy (I believe) should be of great help:

Fantozzi is correct re: FAR angles. If you make, say, an 18.4° then you will also need the mirrored version

Edit: 22.5° is an approximate of the game's viewing angle. Things rendered this way will appear straight-on  :)

art128

You're right, I'm dumb.
I even knew that since I created a while back some car models for these angles. Oh well.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Barroco Hispano

<22,5° 45° 67,5° 90°>

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Coming soon: Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model X.

Barroco Hispano

mattb325

Quote from: art128 on November 15, 2018, 11:17:30 PM
You're right, I'm dumb.
I even knew that since I created a while back some car models for these angles. Oh well.

Not at all! I confess I used that picture when making the FAR-3 buildings  :-[

The cars look great, alejogc13. I love how you can see through the sun-roof of the last one   :)

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Badsim

:satisfied: ...  even if I'm not particulary fan of expensive cars in RL ,  they are jewels for SC4. Warships and the castle ruins are particularly stupendously textured  :o ... if you don't release them they'll stay here , as a constant tortute of Tantalus . Poor us !  %wrd  ;D

&apls &apls &apls

Cedric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

fantozzi

Maybe someone should recreate the "Nordschleife" for SC4 - the legendary nothern loop of the Hockenheimring (Speedway of Hockenheim)?

Those brillant cars deserve their own lot.  ;D