• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Unused animations in SimCity1.dat

Started by mattb325, June 21, 2017, 04:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

While looking for some missing animations/props (pool slide/RVs and sunbathers among others), I stumbled on quite a few animations that I don't think I have ever seen used before.

Now some of them might be triggered by certain conditions (eg protests) others are just out there (like the rick shaw, the Segway and Penny farthing). They could be like automata or pedestrians, but again, I've never seen them in game (not that this means anything :laugh:)

There are also different types of skateboarders, and so on. I've posted a few pics (plus the missing files that triggered my search in the simcity1.dat)

Has anyone ever seen these before? Could be something quite interesting..... :satisfied:

matias93

Great finding!

The rickshaw, the segway and the skater are alternative 'skins' for the MySim pedestrian automata, so they are accessible in-game that way. For the others, I guess they weren't included on any maxis lot, and so they went forgotten. I can envison the outdoor cafe tables as a great addition for CS$$ lots, but maybe some more creative lotter can get more from them.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

vinlabsc3k

For the Starjumps, if the Instance is 0x6ab6ec79 is used in the Army Base.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!