• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WEST END

Started by paroch, September 01, 2007, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 5!

That's a very good new update! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Another fine update here!

I like the overall picture with the sections of the city labeled, it gives me a sense of direction! The Strip looks fantastic, and I'm eager to see the whole city when it's fully developed. Keep up the good work, my friend!

nedalezz

Great update, Paroch! The Strip looks a fantastic place, Im sure a night out on The Strip would be extremely fun. I like how you've separated your city into little mini-areas, each with its own story. Which brings me to my favorite part of the update; the little tidbits about your city. I feel it really brings it to life when done properly, and you certainly have done that.

tooheys

You have a good mix of lots there Paroch and you have brought them together nicely.

Thanks for the overview, it's good to see how things all fit together.

Great work with the park and the landfill is a good little touch.  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

paroch

Update 7a - 31st October 2007

This update is not a particularly big one, hence update 7a and not number 8!

Thanks for your views and comments and in particular:

Joan (jmouse) - thanks for that.  Glad you liked the labelled map.  And yes you're absolutely right, I feel like I know my region really well, so I thought the overview would give you all a better feel for the area.

Bat - wow,page 5.  Didn't think I'd get this far, so thanks fo the welcome!

thundercrack - thanks for the ongoing support and glad you like the labelled map - I'll try and do those more often.  It takes me a while to get used to new pieces of software!

Nedalezz - welcome back, I think you were the first to comment on West End, so you're always welcome!  Thanks for your compliments, that's nice to hear.  And yes a night on the strip would certainly be fun.  Maybe I'll organise an excursion!!

Dave (tooheys) - cheers for that Dave.  And the landfill was an accident!

OK, mini update - over to the mayor, Bill Bailey

Hi all.  Last time I showed you the strip.  Well today I'm gonna give you a quick tour of the Heddon Country Club.  Burt Heddon has spent plenty of time and money on the golf course he has built.  I would prefer him to show you around, but he's involved in a big game of poker down at the Mirage at the moment!

7.12  Club House

Here is the entrance to the Golf Club.  The club house has hosted some of Regent's swankiest weddings.  My own daughter held her wedding here and I can tell you it cost me a pretty packet.  Still, Heddon knows how to put on a party and all of the guests had a whale of a time.

I'm planning on holding my next fund raiser on the lawns here very soon - you can secure your ticket for just one thousand simoleons!

7.13  First Holes

Now this is where I love to spend Sunday mornings.  The sun on your back, the wind in your hair and the dream of a perfect round in your mind.  Shame the perfect round only stays in my mind and rarely actually happens!
Those houses that back onto the course are pretty special too.

7.14  Middle Holes

Now this is one of the quietest spots in the whole of Regent.  No cars, no houses, no nothing to disturb you.

7.15 Back Nine

The last few holes.  Where great rounds are made or broken.  In the West End open last year this was where Happy Gilmore pulled off the win of his career against Shooter McGavin.  Man, the crowd went wild.  Gilmore's been a hero here ever since!

7.16  Course Overview

And here is the whole course.  Old Burt Heddon is proud of this place - I hope you've enjoyed this little tour as well.

There's been a fair bit of development elsewhere in Regent, so I'm hoping to give you a bigger update over the weekend.

Til next time...... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Jmouse

Scenic update, paroch. The parking lot by the clubhouse is a nice touch, and one I often forget to add.
That looks like a really challenging course, but based on what I see here, Happy Gilmore just got lucky! :D
Anyway, I can see why Old Burt Heddon is proud of it.
You continue to do a fine job, and I'm looking forward to "#8!"

Until next time...
Joan

bat

Great work on that Golf course! Wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Congratulations, Paroch-

Never mind the gutted crab...

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Jmouse

Congratulations on the promotion. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine! ;)

Until next time...
Joan

Ennedi

Congratulations paroch, it's a very well deserved award! &apls

You are working on a very interesting terrain, and your region is full of nice places. Last pictures of the golf course are excellent :thumbsup:

I am curious what will happen here in the near future!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

rooker1

Congrats on the move to SIOTM. In your last updat ethe golf course looks pretty good my friend.  I can't wait to see what you have for us this month.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Hey, congratulations on making Special Interest status for November, my friend! It's going to be a great month!

tooheys

Paroch, congratulations on the promo. :thumbsup:

Like the update as well, especially the clubhouse and the adjoining park/recreation area.  :)

Think I'll get the waders out, with so much water on that golf course, I could make a fortune selling SH golf balls I can find in the lakes  ;D

Cheers

Dave

bat

Congrats for this award, paroch! &apls

Looking forward to the updates of this month! ;)

capo

Congrats on the award, I'd say it's well deserved!

I can't stop looking at that golf course, the way you planned it out...must have taken quite some time preparing it before actually start building it. btw those curved purple-ish red brick paths near the club house are pure genius! Old Burt Heddon has every right to be proud!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

sebes

Great update again, and congratulatiosn with your award. :thumbsup:

There is one thing that bothers me though in the picture (I hope you don't mind me mentioning): the abrupt end of the asphalt paths on the golf course. It would be much nicer if the path was continueing between the holes.  But the terrain as a whole makes up for that.... the trees and water are very good  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

paroch

Hi all, and wow, what a surprise.  I certainly didn't think about "Of Special Interest This Month".  So thanks to the modds for the award - it will inspire me to try and do something special this month.  I have a plan or two up my sleeve, so watch this space.

I have virtually a whole day free tomorrow, so I will devote some serious time and give you an update or two!

Some replies in the meantime:

Joan/Jmouse:  I'm pleased you like the course.  I don't play myself (well very very rarely), so I find any any course challenging!  As for the parking near the club house - I confess this is a custom made lot (linkie: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=3228).  Quite a few people commented on this, and I don't recall seeing it in a MD before so thought I'd share the link.  This pack also makes up the bulk of the course itself.
And congrats also on your promotion to the Monthly Special Interest.  I'm glad we're here together!! :P

Bat:  Thanks as always.  Watch this space for more.  I must pop over to Capporth to see if you've done more to that HUGE park.

Dedgren:  Hey, thanks.  This made my day when I logged on this evening.  ::) Hope I can deliver some special interest.

Ennedi:  Thanks for the kind words.  Watch this space!!

Rooker/Robin:  Thankyou.  I wasn't sure if the golf course update was a bit weak, so I'm glad you and others liked it.

thundercrack:  Thanks for your ongoing support in West End.

Dave/tooheys:  hehehe waders indeed.  See the linkie above for the golf course and club house pack.  The club house area actually replaces the maxis country club reward.  So when I first built the golf course I had a very small club house and had to wait for the in-game reward and then had to re-jig things.

Capo:  Welcome back and also congrats on your award. The course did take some planning (and some re-working).  I have to admit that I changed it so many times I cannot be sure how many holes it has!  And as for the paths near the club house - I wish I could claim the credit for them but it's part of the Golf Pack by sim_idiot over on the stex (linkie above).

Sebes:  You and capo are my two Dutch visitors, hopefully you appreciate the Dutch buildings and influence.  Part of Regent is called Little Amsterdam.  I'll make sure I feature it this month.  And as for your comments re the paths on the golf course - seriously thank you.  I really appreciate constructuve comments like that.  You are right, the are somewhat abrupt.  I don't know if I have any better paths in my plugins.  I think maybe a dirt track may look better but I don't have one.  Or as you suggest, carry the path on, all the way around the course.  Hmmmmm, that may take quite some re-work.  I'll have a play tomorrow and see what I come up with.

So thanks to all for viewing and commenting on West End.

As a small teaser (particularly for capo and sebes) here is an overivew of the Little Amsterdam district of Regent:

7.17 Little Amsterdam

'til next time $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

sebes

Never too many canals in a dutch city :  you got the concept right paroch!

Thanks for this teaser, I am looking forward to see more of Little Amsterdam  :thumbsup:

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Jmouse

Since I can't afford to travel the RL world, I'm looking forward to seeing some of its wonders interpreted here in WEST END. I've always thought the Netherlands would be a fascinating place to visit, so I'll be watching out for the next update. :)

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

paroch Congrats on OSITM and loved the last few updates very great and well deseverd promotions - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie