• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - inCAMpatible Mods

Started by RippleJet, August 03, 2007, 05:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetechef

thanks for the links, very interesting,  :thumbsup: but i don t plop a lot as i said, just few building for candy eyes  :thumbsup:
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

SlimShady

I was looking through my Maxis plugin folder and saw this mod, Realism Mod Stage 1. It was created in 2004 and I am sure I got it from the STEX. Could this conflict the Cam? Sorry if this one has been brought up already.

RippleJet

The Cleanitol file and listing on the first page has been updated to include the RCImulti mod by niloluiz.
That mod is only available as an attachment to a thread at ST, and thus isn't used by many.

Quote from: SlimShady on September 19, 2008, 11:52:59 AM
I was looking through my Maxis plugin folder and saw this mod, Realism Mod Stage 1. It was created in 2004 and I am sure I got it from the STEX. Could this conflict the Cam? Sorry if this one has been brought up already.

I've searched for this "Realism Mod Stage 1" on the STEX, but cannot find it myself...
It's a long time since you posted this, but if you still return here, could you please send me the file and I'll take a look at it.

bob56

I just want to double check...If i'm right, all other non-cam custom content growables will work properly?

Thanks for any help!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Rayden

Quote from: bob56 on February 28, 2009, 02:09:45 PM
I just want to double check...If i'm right, all other non-cam custom content growables will work properly?

Thanks for any help!

Yes they will work normally.

RippleJet

Quote from: bob56 on February 28, 2009, 02:09:45 PM

In general the answer would be yes... however...
...they will work properly only if they are modded properly... ::)

There are e.g. skyscrapers out there that would grow as stage 1.
There are CS buildings out there that produce more garbage than one incinerator can burn.
There are buildings with such a high building value that you will never, ever need to even consider a money cheat.
There are buildings that cannot dilapidate, e.g. from §§§ to §§ or §. Instead they would just abandon if desirability drops.
Etc...

All such buildings would of course grow also with CAM.
I guess whether they are CAMpatible is a matter of taste though... ;)

SlimShady

Quote from: RippleJet on February 22, 2009, 04:45:47 AM
I've searched for this "Realism Mod Stage 1" on the STEX, but cannot find it myself...
It's a long time since you posted this, but if you still return here, could you please send me the file and I'll take a look at it.

Well RippleJet you made me determined to find it so I searched for two days and I finally found it, Realistic Resident Mod. ;D

And I also found one more I used. Urban Housing Mod

I know I didn't remove these mods when I first installed The Cam, and to be honest I didn't have no conflicts while I was playing with both mods. :) But now I am left wondering if there could have been some sort of confict. &Thk/(

RippleJet

Thanks for digging those up, SlimShady! :thumbsup:

Luckily neither rob_2616's Urban Housing Mod nor rustawilliams' Realistic Resident Mod are inCAMpatible though :).

SlimShady

So its safe to say I could download them once again if I hadn't had a problem before with them?

RippleJet

RippleJet

I've updated the list on the first page and the Cleanitol file with RadicalOne's Super Demand Mod.
There's been some discussion and confusion over there whether that mod is CAMpatible or not...

His mods change certain properties in the same RCI exemplars as have been changed in CAM.
These properties are the Minimum Value and Maximum Value, which is the allowable range of active demand.

In CAM the maximum values have been raised to 24,000 for all residential and commercial RCI types.
The reason for this is to allow high-capacity (over 20,000) CAMeLots to grow in the first place.

With Rush Hour we know that you could barely get an office with 8,000 jobs to grow...
Thus, stage 15 towers simply couldn't grow unless we raised these maximum values.

The Max Out mods which are included in the Super Demand Mod set the minimum active demand to exactly 6,000, the same as the maximum active demand.
Thus, regardless of game calculated demand, you would always have a demand of 6,000.

Since higher-stage CAMeLots may have capacities being significantly higher that this,
they simply wouldn't grow at all, even if demand is artificially maxed out.

diamonddog_74

I didn't see it listed, and the Cleanitol file didn't search for it; so, can I assume that the "Functional Landmarks Mod" works with CAM?

RippleJet

Yes, it does. :)
However, before going on a plopping bonanza, you might want to read "Ploppables with Jobs and Residents. Why not?". ;)

diamonddog_74

Quote from: RippleJet on October 30, 2010, 12:41:42 PM
Yes, it does. :)
However, before going on a plopping bonanza, you might want to read "Ploppables with Jobs and Residents. Why not?". ;)

Thanks RippleJet.

BTW, I really only use ploppable office buildings if there is a high demand for the type of building. The ones that I tend to use are smaller than Stage 8 equivalent anyway. Most of the tall ploppable office towers are of the glass curtain variety, and I don't particularly like them.

Besides, my question was in regards to Functional Landmarks (like Smith Tower, Coit Tower, Arc de Triomphe, etc.) Most of these supply few jobs, therefore they don't distort the game like those huge office towers from the link you provided. With CAM, most of the large office buildings that one would usually plop to satisfy demand will grow on their own since they are included in the Starter Packs.

RippleJet

You might want to remember that some of those ingame landmarks are set to grow in CAM.
Check appendices 5 and 6 in the manual for more details. ;)

RozenSky

Hi i tried this out with cleanitol and i ended up with

One R maxout.dat not present
Two C maxout.dat not present
Two Cs maxout.dat not present
Two I maxout.dat not present
Two R maxout.dat not present
Three C maxout.dat not present
Three I maxout.dat not present
Four C maxout.dat not present
Five C maxout.dat not present
you seem to be up tp date with dependencies

what does this mean? sorry im kinda new with this mods thingy. i just got the game a week ago and i downloaded skyscrapers that have the CAM dependency but i can't seem to see them on the game so i tried checking this thread out, i don't know how to sort out mods so i downloaded the cleanitol to help me if ever i have a non-CAMpatible mode that i installed but that's my result.

RippleJet

If Cleanitol gives the message that a file is not present, that's only a good sign.
It means Cleanitol wasn't able to find obsolete files that it otherwise would have removed.

RozenSky

so does that mean the the farm mod, quadruple mod, graph max out mode works with cam? i have them on my plug-ins folder. also how can i see the skyscrapers i downloaded?

BarbyW

All the mods you list are not CAMpatible and should be removed. They are listed in Ripplejet's sticky post at the top of this page.
You will see the skyscrapers you have downloaded when it is right for them to grow - I am assuming you mean ones in the CAM starter packs.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RozenSky

i already removed the listed mods im not sure if there are more since cleanitol is not saying anything even the said mods it did not detected on my system so im not sure if its saying the true result. about the skyscrapers im not sure, i just clicked on the newest tab on the exchanged and downloaded this skyscrapers that i saw there.