• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricardomiranda

Congrats on your second OSITM-award!

Fantastic updates !

mave94

marsh

Hello everyone. Big thanks for the OSITM, but I'm terribly sorry I could not put out an update for it. I've had some unexpected things come up, and in the mean time I have not been that 'into' SC4 for the past while.

I do, however, plan to put an update up sometime this week, so look out.

,marsh

marsh

6 years and counting. This past year has seen more growth in the county yet. Over one-thousand people now reside within the town of Sandalwood, and nearing 500 in outlying areas of the county as a whole. The sixth year comes to a close though, the warm early-fall weather lasted longer than expected this year. Sandalwood being a normally colder place in the winter, this winter has been strangely mild. The first snow of the year has began to fall, very late though.

December 24th is officially the latest recorded first snowfall in the country.

11-1
Sandalwood Central Park was recently completed. It has changed the image of the town completely. The huge urban strip now the centerpiece of the town.

11-2
The Domino Sugar Plant isn't one to skimp on the holidays, despite being in the far north of town. Set up in early May it is now Sandalwood's largest industrial producer, and provides the most income for the entire town. Many residents are still weary about the pollutant, but with all the income it has brought to Sandalwood so far, it looks as if more industry may be attracted.

11-3
Sandalwood has had many Christmas's before. This Christmas however the city council has set up the first town Christmas tree, right out front of city hall in the new Central Park.

Flurries continued throughout the night. Partially covering the entire town by morning before the storm picked up. It may only be the first snowfall, but it couldn't have happened on a better day.

11-4

11-5

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kbieniu7

Cool snow effects! And the town from further view looks so nice!  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

The snow effect looks great! Nice update. I liked the park in front of the City hall.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jmyers2043

This update should get a prize. Tis the season and those night shots are great. I enjoyed looking at the strings of lights lit up on the trees and buildings. Gave me a smile.  :)  :)

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Ol.S / Benoit

Great photo editing ! Last picture is awsome :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

carlfatal

I´m stunned again!
Although i hate winter and snow - if could i would sleep the whole time - these pictures are nice! Mostly i like the overview - all these changes. And i hope for a fast spring to see the new park flowered.
Greetz, Carl

Dantes

The effects are great.  :o  I like these trees Christmas lights on the streets and on.  :thumbsup: Great atmosphere.  &apls  &apls  &apls

peter007

Spectacular Update.
Very nice photoshopping!

-Ernst

metasmurf

Good job my friend :) It's evident how much work you put in to this.

rooker1

marsh, its always great to stop by here and see all your wanderful pics.  Your last update was very festive and the night pic with the christmas tree was very unique, great work.
Have a great new year and I wish you all the best.
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Yan077

New Sandalwood's pictures, what a nice surprise !  :)
Wonderful pictures, as always, the photoshopping is spectacular  &apls &apls

bat

Nice christmas special!
And looking forward to more in this year... ;)

dedgren

The October 23 update was awfully easy on the eyes.  Great Christmastime pics, too.  Congratulations on authoring a Mayor's Diary that always warrants the time spent in reading it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tomas Neto

Wow Marsh, another amazing work!!! Fantastic update!!!   &apls &apls

Deionn

Very very nice. If I wasn't such a big city guy, I would love to live in that little town. Can't wait to see it grow into a huge bay city.

marsh

I've had this packed away for a while now. I've never posted it. Today seems like a fitting day since it is . . well almost the 2 year anniversary of this city journals start. Actually maybe a week or 2. But still.

Mostly a coincidence. I ran across the pictures and pondered about why I never posted it. I never felt it lived up to the rest, but I decided to just show it either way.

I thought I'd just finish up Gansbaai so that this isn't just another declined journal. But a, happily to say, finished City Journal.
And now, without further Ado,

A once thriving country, brought to its knees by corruption and violence. The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms was born through revolution. It shall die the same way.

-2 weeks earlier-

" --Gansbaai. A great country. A beautiful country. Our country.
We have ignored the pleas of the innocent for too long. We have suffered the oppression of our so-called leader enough. This -- dictator -- has reigned long enough. Too many have died by his hands. Now I ask you all today, what will you do for your country? Will you fight for it? Stand up for what you know is right and wrong? Lead our nation into the pride and joy that it STILL is! The only thing concealing it. . is him."

A speech in Khrsybicat Square. The same place the recent Alhuivr Hjmel was hung at, for some simple words against Prince Jahirze, who has recently brought a veil of tyranny to the desert region. After the not-so unknown reasons of the bankruptcy of Nouadhibou - the collapse of an entire metropolis - the already weary people grew more of their leader. The months after that grew more famine in the rural areas of the country. And some major known news anchors and public speakers began disappearing without a trace.

That day in the square people roared in support. Not soon after, a group of military officers marched down the street from an entrance of the Capitol Building. They carried guns, and the people at the rally remained largely unaware of them. Until a loud "bang" blared from their direction.

Hannah Hjmel. Daughter of Alhuivr, hung at that very square she spoke at, was shot and killed by the military officer. A possibly unwise thing to do in front of a crowd of agitated and politically motivated people.

The square erupted into chaos. The entire crowd began attacking the small battalion with rocks, bottles, and whatever else they could get their hands on. At least 30 civilians were gunned down in the plaza before the rest dispersed. Hours later after all calmed down, well word got around rather fast. Many civilians grouped together picking makeshift weapons. Molotov's flew through the Capitol building's windows below the orange sunset.

The people fought into the night . . .

. . . and for 14 days following.

The Gansbaai Revolution still rages on. But the outside world does take notice. Gansbaai is one of the most important economic locations on the planet. And a revolution certainly depletes much production from the world. Should other countries interfere with a national revolution of these proportions? According to the United Nations of Adonia, yes. Moral or not the bombs have ensued. Cities over the country are ablaze, pushing out the Prince's men. This quaint revolution seems more like a full-scale war.

Another battle into the sunset ensues. Fire from the sun and the ground illuminate the landscape.

Some nations supported the Prince. Some supported those nations. Some supported the rebellion. Some supported those supporting the rebellion. . .
Wait what? Chaos basically. A full scale civil war in the planets #1 exporter of Oil and one of the top consumer of many many imports from around the world tends to not just through balance off of the world economy, but make one side of the scale slam against the table.

Al Aaium may be distant from the homeland, but it is still part of it. A major supply source for not only Gansbaai, but the world.

This may not be a simple revolution anymore. . .

,Marshall