• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

It's a comic drawing by xkcd. This one can be found here: http://xkcd.com/253/
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nego

Wow Paul 999! :o Fantastic interchanges! They persuaded me to read your MD and it was great! Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your creations soon.

;)

blade2k5

Here is the final product after much developing was done...

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Haljackey

Paul 999: Nice job! I like the second image the best. By the way, where is that big dig tunnel coming from?

blade2k5: High mast lighting overkill. The junction itself looks nice, but there way too many lights there. Try to use less of them and switch to the smaller masts to make it look more realistic.

Also, is that RHW 2.0 Euro textures I see? How did they get there?  ()what()

Edit: may as well show some more of my intersections while I'm posting here.

Nego

Haljacky, unless your playing around with those textures, in your second and third pictures, your using the
Avenue TuLEP-type A1/B1+-intersection pieces instead of the Avenue TuLEP-type A1+-intersection piece, and I definately agree that blade2k5, you did go a little overkill with those lights.

:)

Haljackey

Quote from: Nego on June 23, 2010, 10:09:01 AM
Haljacky, unless your playing around with those textures, in your second and third pictures, your using the
Avenue TuLEP-type A1/B1+-intersection pieces instead of the Avenue TuLEP-type A1+-intersection piece

Yeah, I have since fixed the problems. Cars randomly vanished in the intersections and the corners didn't line up, so I knew something was odd.

j-dub

And not to mention the extra amount of traffic lights on one direction compared to the other.

DJSun1981

Highway - intersection from the highways 1, 7 and 10:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Paul 999

Quote from: Haljackey on June 23, 2010, 09:13:10 AM
Paul 999: Nice job! I like the second image the best. By the way, where is that big dig tunnel coming from?

:)

canyonjumper

I haven't played around with the RHW in a long time, so I whipped this up this morning ;D

This intersection is not permanent, as I was just having fun :P

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

j-dub

Oh, is the area going to be changed in development or something? Its nice and curvy, and looks like its real.

Terring7

Very cute canyonjumper, smoothly and nice :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

blade2k5

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Haljackey

canyonjumper: Very windy, looks good with the curves!
-I would like it better if you got rid of the left entrance there though. Then again I can be a picky critic lol! :P Just plop that Flexfly a couple tiles to the right to make the whole junction safer and more realistic.

blade2k5: Looks good, except for the on-slope transitions (that's a steep grade!) and the bumpy RHW towards the bottom of the picture.

Here's a few more from me. I've been trying to reconstruct an old multi-highway corridor into a wide RHW network.

Large junctions can be the trickiest to upgrade. I got one carriageway done in this shot!  ::)

Current junction to where the old multi-highway transitions into a wide RHW.

Reconfigured parclo interchange. Loop ramps are now direct and the RHW narrows/widens in width.

Another slightly reconfigured parclo.

Southern transition. It carries on as a multi-highway from here for the time being.

Anyways hope you enjoyed it!

Christianicus

Junction at Carriden's Cross - King's Highway (Kingdom Route 1) and Kingdom Route 7.  These are the major North-South (King's) and East-West (KR-7) corridors in this part of the region.

blade2k5

Quote from: Haljackey on June 27, 2010, 05:52:25 PM
blade2k5: Looks good, except for the on-slope transitions (that's a steep grade!) and the bumpy RHW towards the bottom of the picture.

That's been fixed.

Haljackey

Made a new video showcasing four different highways that make up the city's ring road system:

http://www.youtube.com/v/FzehJlZOKlI
Link (for HD and info): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzehJlZOKlI

Thought you might enjoy it. The highways used to be entirely Maxis routes, but many sections have seen upgrades from NAM and RHW. Several interchanges have been replaced and you'll see more interchange upgrades in the video.

blade2k5

I gotta get me some of those flying cars. :P

darraghf

Your videos always amaze me Hal. I'm in awe of your road network!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg