• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on May 11, 2010, 12:23:28 PM
I made a massive one... :

Awesome! This one's worth quoting over to the next page. :P

If you made the outer ramps just a bit longer you could add some FlexFlys in there, making the 90 degree MIS curves smoother.

Now that RHW 4.0's out I may as well post this here:

Due to the huge level of feedback I recieved from my last highway interchange video, I decided to make another one.

This one is a three level cloverstack-like interchange, and one of my most complex to date. Unlike my last junction, FlexFly is not used at all, the emphasis is put on the new type "D" ramps and elevated networks that can now overpass diagonal RHWs below. The only part that is not RHW is the tunnel, which is an avenue.

http://www.youtube.com/v/n9vlVHj13Rc
Link (for HD and info): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9vlVHj13Rc

Overview image:
(Click it for full resolution)

j-dub

EPIC WIN. I had to say that. However, driving on these in RL, thats another story, you either got it, or you don't, and when you don't, prepare to get hit. I'm talking about the 10 lanes of traffic. However, nothing says you can not turn both directions on the intersection, considering you can easily miss your turn.

canyonjumper

Wow... That's big! Nice job Haljackey!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Blue Lightning

Wow people, liking the interchanges!

io_bg: Heh, nice use of FLEXFly!
Hal: Please excuse me while I drool into the gutter! That is just amazing!
casper: Heh, I can see you're ready for FLEXFly Type A2 (reverse of A1) already :P

...and of course I have my own to show :P

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

canyonjumper

Nice job Vince! I like the first pic!

EDIT: Might as well ;D

pagenotfound

I present to you the 3 level SPUI ???

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

quackmofro

:o
Wow. I'm floored by these interchanges. It's amazing the amount of versatility that RHW 4.0 has over its predecessor. The NAM Team have definitely outdone themselves. &apls

I might as well contribute. Below is a T-interchange that I've overhauled with the new release. I don't have a picture of it pre-4.0, but one direction of traffic was virtually impossible without taking up too much space unnecessarily. With the advent of Flexfly and the diagonal-ortho overpass puzzle pieces, though, it's now feasible. (The pictures are kinda large, so click them for full size.)

However, I also wanted to add access to the avenue just bordering the interchange. Turns out that that's not a problem either:

emgmod

It ain't no FLEXFly, but I have a basketweave. Hopefully before Haljackey made one. Click for full size.

io_bg

emgmod, looks cool but what's the point of this interchange? %confuso

One of my latest ones:

Click for bigger resolution
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Korot

Quote from: io_bg on May 13, 2010, 02:01:23 AM

A basket-wave allows traffic to change between express and collector lanes in case of a multi-RHW.

And that parclo/diamond looks quite nice.

Regards,
Korot

SeanSC4

Awesome work with the new RHW everyone!  &apls

Floydian

Quote from: emgmod on May 13, 2010, 01:17:19 AM
It ain't no FLEXFly, but I have a basketweave. Hopefully before Haljackey made one. Click for full size.

Now you just need to make each carriageway three lanes instead of two, and you're pretty close to the real thing.

McDuell

Two new ones from me.  :)

High capacity DDI:

Ortho x diagonal interchange:

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

Haljackey

404: looks good, but what's the point of the tunnel? The RHW already overpasses the DDI?  ()what()

Quote from: emgmod on May 13, 2010, 01:17:19 AM
It ain't no FLEXFly, but I have a basketweave. Hopefully before Haljackey made one.

lol! I have made one, but not like that! Awesome job with the smooth curves and use of wider FARHW! That's a first!

Would you mind posting that image here to give viewers a visual example of an exchange? http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5860.0

Quote from: io_bg on May 13, 2010, 02:01:23 AM

See here for a decent explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Basketweave

I plan to show how to make one in my interchange guide sometime as well... should be a lot easier to make now that RHW 4.0 is here.

Nice work on that interchange too. I like the use of the MIS curves.

McDuell: nice use of FARHW on that DDI. Looks very realistic! That orth-diag interchange is just nuts!

io_bg

I already understood what it is for; thanks, Hal and Korot ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Haljackey

Here's my take on the basketweave.

This is a mix between the actual thing and the one emgmod made. It has a 14 lane cross-section and retains this span throughout the interchange. (No through lanes end)

I hate left entrances and exits. They can get confusing and are not as safe as right entrances and exits. I tried to get rid of them, but doing so would make the interchange a massive size, so I made a compromise. Each direction has one left exit (instead of two) and I allowed two lanes to initially use the exit instead of one to help minimize confusion.

In addition, I tried to make it as compact as I could while still retaining smooth curves. The collector lanes are right next to the express lanes (0 tile gap), and overpass one of the transfers (this does not happen in RL) because rerouting it to the right would both take up more space and create left entrances. Because of this, you could say this is a more modern design of the basketweave.

I made a mosaic of it. Click on it for full size, 1920x4336!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Haljackey/GTR/22.jpg

View from the side:

It is 13 tiles across. I turned on the super grid and dragged an avenue over the central span to show the width.

Quote from: Floydian on May 13, 2010, 07:52:41 AM
Now you just need to make each carriageway three lanes instead of two, and you're pretty close to the real thing.

That would also make the interchange more massive, because of the lack of connectivity the RHW-6 has compared to the RHW-4. Perhaps in the next RHW release implementing this would be easier.

...Now if I only used some green and blue signage.   &scl()

canyonjumper

Wow! Great interchanges guys! goes onto Google Earth for good interchanges to attempt ;D

Nexis4Jersey

Drools or Haljackeys interchange   &apls Are you going to recreate the 401?

Floydian

I've got a couple today that I've upgraded to 4.0:

The first is what was an oddly shaped T junction between H-1 (horizontal) and H-80 (pointing up). FlexFLY makes it nice and smooth. The only problem is I can't build it this way without either A) having a hole in the right FlexFLY; or B) leaving the backhoe tile in place, as I did. It's a small price to pay for a smooth and very compact interchange.

The second is a before and after shot of one of my favourites (though built in an area I have not decorated well), the interchange between H-84 (the through highway) and H-101. The main interchange was built with 3.0, but the new upgrade allowed for some significant improvements to weaving and merging issues.

By the way, which program do you use to take videos, Haljackey?