• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 17, 2009, 05:47:34 AM
Easier method: Press CTRL-SHIFT-C. This will activate the ingame snapshot camera. Change size if you like and then click to take your picture.

Only problem with this is that it doesn't show all, just some of the interface.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

LE0

With RHW v3 is it possible to have Elevated MIS 90 degrees curve in 1 tile?

Awesome interchanges  :thumbsup:
Leoland coming Spring 2009

j-dub

Death to Pumpkins: When I want to take pictures with proof of the traffic simulator, I use the Prt Scrn Sys Rq (print screen system required) button next to the scroll lock. You then press the windows button, wait for response, open MS paint, and paste the image. This is a PC only feature, another easy thing Mac does not have. (at least I can't remember the three buttons on Mac)

LEO, sorry, its not possible now.

Jonno, you really, really got the hang of it. That is really impressive, the fact you got an existing city there, and yet were able to get big. And yes it can literally take hours to build sometimes, but the outcome was worth it.

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: j-dub on February 17, 2009, 06:33:21 PM
Death to Pumpkins: When I want to take pictures with proof of the traffic simulator, I use the Prt Scrn Sys Rq (print screen system required) button next to the scroll lock. You then press the windows button, wait for response, open MS paint, and paste the image. This is a PC only feature, another easy thing Mac does not have. (at least I can't remember the three buttons on Mac)

I know...  ??? That's the same thing I do...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

I hit Ctrl+Shift+S (not C) with the main menu bars and whatnot minimized, and i get all the screenshot-taking interface i need - that little white box you can move around to specify what to take a picture of. That's as simple as i need it and as quick as i need it.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

I hear you Jonathan. The simulator is something else. I had to close a road that was getting over 1,300 cars, while the avenue was free as a bird. I had to permanently close the road to thru traffic. They always seem to prefer the first option they see, and only use that. I am not talking about a simulator, but how the initial programming was made for the route choices. If you are just talking about no one using the tram, I think with this 5 roundabout interchange, they probably feel whats the point, there are all these roads everywhere, and we can move right on through already without fear of delay, or its a path thing, but you can't tell with the resolution in the Tube.

Jonathan

Well orginally I had just one roundabout, and still noone used the trams, but before that I split the avenue and had EL-rail down the middle, then the el-rail was used lots, just when I convert to Ave/GLR it only uses cars.

I gave up on the simulators and just removed the NAM one, which is probably a reason why it doesnt work.

The reason for the 5 roundabouts is in each direction there is a half an avenue awith Ave/GLR down the middle.

And I only realised I had taken the video with the paths on after I'd uploaded, probably because most of the time im on SC4 I have it enabled. :)

Jonathan

RBC

A regular RHW-intersection. Nothing special, I know. But my case was also another. I badly need some good walls to the viaducts, but where to find 'em? I used to have a lot, but a few month ago I had to delete all of my plugins, because the game continued to crash - and now I can't find any of the one I prefered.

Any links to some great wall sets?

MandelSoft

There are some goods sets from Jernoij available on the LEX...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

LE0

RBC, thats a nice interchange :thumbsup:

Except the part under the bridge looks like a RHW-2 instead of RHW-4.

Kitsune

I've noticed sometimes that the RHW-4 and MIS revert to RHW 2 under bridges.
~ NAM Team Member

RBC

@ mrtnrin:

Thx! I was happy to find his 'Residential And Rural Diagonal Walls Set V1', which I didn't manage to to on the STEX. They will definately do it!

@ Leo and Kitsune:

That's another problem of mine...If I pick the road over RHW tool in the 'road' menu I only get an empty curser and I can't plot anything. These ones I found in the 'highway' menu among the RHW. I don't know if it makes any difference, if thats why it's only RHW-2? Why I can't use the road top RHW from the 'road' menu I can't figure out neither. Very strange.

K5

This is the intersection that I made with RHW3.0 for the first time.

You can see the very big picture here.

Albus of Garaway

Oh, wow. That's really impressive K5. I don't think I've seen many interchanges like that one! It must have taken you ages to build. Good work!

Haljackey

RBC:  Looks great, but I'm afraid you have the wrong road over RHW puzzle piece!  Switch that to road over RHW-4, not RHW-2!

Very nice K5, lots of loops in that one!

All right, its my turn now.  I have 20 pics to show this time, all available at 1920x1200.

Click for full resolution!

A ground highway/RHW hybrid interchange I have been working on.

More work done on a bullet train interchange.

A new bullet train interchange I've been working on.

A parclo interchange taking advantage of the new RHW-6C high mast lighting.

What once was a multi-highway...

Is now a RHW-10.

A large, all-Maxis ground highway parclo interchange.

A ground, elevated, and "super" elevated highway design.

A unique type of parclo interchange:

The main junction of the new partial-y split.

MIS Madness!

Urban stack interchange:

Rural parclo interchange:

The El-RHW:

MIS junction leading up to the El-RHW in the last photo.

The multi-highway junction has attracted growth!

An older ave interchange with a temporary passing lane:

The first-ever Multi-RHW still getting its use near a interchange.

RHW-10 parclo A-4.

Zoom out of the RHW-10 near a university I was building.

Anyways, that's it for now.  I recently finished building that university, which is showcased in the latest GTR update.  Some pics of the RHW-10 are in it too!  (Link in my signature).

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed them!

Best,
-Haljackey

LE0

Haljackey: Do you have both old and new RHW's at the same time?
Or is the pic with old RHW older? ()what()

Haljackey

Quote from: LE0 on February 20, 2009, 10:16:08 AM
Haljackey: Do you have both old and new RHW's at the same time?
Or is the pic with old RHW older? ()what()

Good question.  RHW 2.0 and 3.0 both contain RHW 1.3b (and older) support files, which allows them to stay they way they are without redrawing the network.
-Remember, all RHW versions before 2.0 were created using the side-by-side drag method, not the puzzle piece override method we use now.  If I were to redraw these networks (which I haven't in years), then they would defult to the RHW 3.0 textures.  So yes, these are all recent pictures, but not all the networks were made at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

Albus of Garaway

Way to spoil us rotten, Haljackey! You are so creative when it comes to interchanges! I can barely even make a simple "T" RHW interchange. Very nice work. :)

Pat

Daaaaaaang Hal those are some real sweet intersections there!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie