• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owaen

Hi all.
I have been tinkering a bit with the new RHW 3 and this is some of what I have made in my "Test city" that I deem worthy of showing off.
It´s an "expanded" cloverleaf with 4 exits and 2 entrances.

(If you have Firefox, right click the images and choose "view image" to see original size 1680x1050)

One of the off ramps :

One of the On ramps :

Central section :

Overview of the whole intersection :

Comments always welcome   :)
(and yes I know I placed a retaining wall upside down)  :P

SusanMarie1956

Simm's Island is an island nation with a steady growing population. Because of that, new highways have opened up as well existing ones have been revamped through it's metropolitan area. Thus I present to you a few of my interchanges.

Perimeter Hwy junctions with Island Freeway 8 (IF-8) just south of the Sunshine Metropolitan area.

Perimeter Hwy junctions with Island Freeway 4 (IF-4) just south and east of Capitola. Simm's Island national capital.

IF-4, IF-8 split in Sunshine, Simm's Island.

IF-4, IF-8 Simms Expressway through Sunshine, Simm's Island

Hope you like them. The Simms that live there do.
-Susan Marie

Ryan B.

Those are some great interchanes, SusanMarie!  Nice work!   &apls

Nexis4Jersey

Nice Work , that last picture reminds of the "The 401" in Toronto!  :)

Haljackey

Quote from: SusanMarie1956 on January 24, 2009, 02:43:49 PM

Now that is awesome.

Great work with your interchanges SusanMarie and Owaen!

Best,
-Haljackey

io_bg

Here's an interchange from my latest city:
Click on it for full resolution (1280/1024px)

(I'll post more tomorrow :))
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

A200

Here is a simple yet very compact RHW interchange  :satisfied:

SusanMarie1956

Quote from: A200 on January 25, 2009, 04:58:23 PM

Was wondering when someone would develop an inside ramp version. Wonderful work. &apls
-Susan Marie

A200

:D I am surprised people haven't made interchanges with the inner exit, considering it seemed to be a sought after feature of the RHW 3.0  :-\

Another interchange I made, this time with the RHW being elevated (I think this one is a little more realistic).

Please excuse the second RHW interchange to the right and all the other clutter as this is my NAM test city  :satisfied:

I think another interchange could be with the avenue sunken and the RHW on-slope over the avenue..
A200

Edit:

Like this:

Except that exit going down to the avenue seems a little steep   $%Grinno$% the commuters won't be happy :angrymore:

metarvo

Those are some very tight interchanges, A200.  The inner exits certainly do make them more compact, since the RHW does have a median.  You have just given me some ideas.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

That's an inside-diamond interchange... &idea next how about a ... &Thk/( dare I say it?

An inside-cloverleaf?! That hurts my brain just thinking about how it would be done... And it probably wouldn't save much space, either... but I might do some thinking on it and make one just to prove it can be done (and I consider a regular cloverleaf a major accomplishment coming from me - they often seem too big to fit in my cities)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

chrisnhl

Nice interchanges everyone.  I am loving the inner exits right now and i am using them to make fictional HOV lanes in my city.  I cant wait to post some pictures.  I wonder if the next version will include inner exits for the RHW 6,8, and 10?

kj3400

I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

girlfromverona

Here's one I made today:

Any suggestions on how I can make it better? Although I'm still a bit of a rookie when it comes to building interchanges, I am absolutely loving the RHW 3.0!

Haljackey

Quote from: A200 on January 25, 2009, 04:58:23 PM

Heh, I made something similar in my new RHW guide:

And then me going crazy:

Click for full resolution!

Again, fantastic pics everyone!  Its great to see you got the hang of the new NAM and RHW!

Best,
-Haljackey

BigSlark

Quote from: girlfromverona on January 29, 2009, 02:13:49 AM
Here's one I made today:

Any suggestions on how I can make it better? Although I'm still a bit of a rookie when it comes to building interchanges, I am absolutely loving the RHW 3.0!

I'm not sure how you could make that much better, girlfromverona. You've got David's stop signs in there, used on-slope pieces for the over pass, and have some trees in the right of way.

My two suggestions are directional signs at the MIS-Road junctions and using broader curves in the MIS. Granted, I know nothing about New Zealand's motorways, so the tight 90-degree corners could be extremely realistic.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Kevin

Sciurus

It's very nice. :thumbsup:
A200  I really like your interchange, it's an idea I never thought &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

j-dub

A real big clover leaf 4 way interchange with left exit ramps to go left. Just like a intersection, go right to go right, cross the intersection, then go left to go left, rather then make a right to make a left like a standard cloverleaf. Left exit ramps, right exit ramps, and diagonal ramps are used. However with the amount of space and how many times there are over and underpasses for this interchange, I wouldn't be surprised if this is no where to be seen.

In comparison, look at the tiny cloverleaf next to it for connecting a local route.

Kitsune

Two highways and a road intersecting. I didnt bother going through the trouble of fully connecting the road to the other side of the highway.
~ NAM Team Member