• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Look at all what I've encountered without reading tutorials. Don't get me wrong, I use tutorials all the time, but what about when I want to have 3 networks meet up at a single tile intersection? Well, I have been just doing that all the time.

Note this is done with the current MIS, V20, not V21, as far as I know I don't think this was made aware of. Here I made the MIS connect directly into the avenue intersection. Couldn't add a left turn lane, since the other side is one lane. Also, on the top right of this picture, due to the game's limitation, you shouldn't be able to have the diagonal road so tight to an ortho road, let alone a oneway some how automatically attach.

Heres a 5 way intersection with a diagonal avenue going in between a road x. Notice where all the exemplars are. Just try to redo this and have them all appear, and the crosswalk.

Lastly, you actually can't replicate this, due to how I had to remove the avenue/owr transition so the rail pieces could fit. Where the transition is, I had to modify the avenue so it didn't U-turn where it ends, and the path could continue into the oneways. Why did I use diagonal rail over oneway? Well, there is no diagonal rail over avenue puzzle piece.

Final words, I don't think this stuff I did here is involved with any updates on the master plan.

nerdly_dood

I'd like to see those with the DrawPaths cheat turned on, just out of curiosity...

My 500th Post!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

DrawPaths is on.

New one

Look carefully, what do you notice here?

metarvo

J-dub, that's quite an interesting contraption you've put together.  Let's see.  Part of that 5-way avenue intersection appears to be missing.  Oh, and you've somehow managed to branch a diagonal OWR off of that 90-degree avenue turn in the upper-right corner.

Actually, I've managed to do something unusual, too.  Can anyone figure out what it is?  If so, can anyone figure out how did I do it?

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

It's the Diagonal Streets x Diagonal Elevated Highway (and maybe the One Way Road intersections, too) - you used the Diagonal Street Starter Pieces.

Am I right?

zakuten

And also filling the blocks up with strategically placed overhanging... Aah, somehow you got them to dilapidate? Is that it?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

metarvo

Burgsabre87:
Yes, you are right about the starter pieces.  I did use them to intersect with the OWRs and go under the Elevated Highways.  However, even the Diagonal Street Starter Pieces don't intersect with Diagonal OWRs, in my experience.  Therefore, I used carefully positioned Diagonal GLR-in-Avenue pieces to get half Diagonal Avenues, and I intersected the streets with those.  Then, I connected the OWR to the leftover Diagonal Avenue stubs to complete the network.  So, the Diagonal Streets are technically connected to Diagonal Avenues.

Zakuten:
To fill in these blocks, I have used a combination of Zero7's New Horizon House, SFBT Diagonal Fillers, Dhamp Railway Dirt & Dark Grass Fillers, and Mas71 JPN Diagonal Parks.  The gray texture between the apartments is composed of morifari's Simple Empty Tiles. Since Zero7's diagonal buildings overhang the lots on which they are placed, it creates the illusion that the gray tarmac is snug against the buildings.  I used pilotdaryl's method to visually connect streets to the gray tiles.

[linkie] http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3819.0.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Diagonal GLR-in-Avenue pieces left over, eh? Good find. I'll have to try that too. Since you know that trick with diagonals, I assume you also use ortho GLR-in-Avenue pieces that can also leave stubs. To be honest I have been using Avenue-in-GLR left over stubs to pull off some tricks my self. I hit cntrl-T, lay down the line of El-Rail for two tiles, then I place the GLR-in-Avenue, over the El-Rail, and demolish the El-Rail next to it. Both sides of the El-Rail need to be demolished for the avenue to still appear, but I have also purposely only demolished one side to get single tile half avenues to appear. With the option of having a remaining avenue stub, I then have an avenue that can have certain similar networks drag into it, or use it to put OWR pieces next to it, that normally require transition. Without having to draw a transition, having these stubs left over from puzzle pieces, gives me a lot more options. Now that I revealed this, I hope this knowledge is of good use to many others.

nerdly_dood

@ J-Dub: You wouldn't happen to be using those excellent retaining walls by Xyloxadoria, would you?
Quote from: j-dub on September 02, 2008, 06:01:32 PM
Look carefully, what do you notice here?

Now I see the true functionality of that MIS/street/road intersection there, too - not quite perfect, but certainly better than just eye-candy.

Oh, um, you also might want to see my post just before J-Dub's with the drawpaths cheat turned on.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

michl

Hi! ;D

I´ve made an large Intersection in my City Harlin. You can see Harlin also in my MD. :thumbsup:

I don´t write many text, i show you only the Intersection: ;)

Greetings, michl :)
Hi, Greetings to everybody

My Metropolis Harlin:
http://www.sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4502.0

Teublitz Fire Department http://www.ff-teublitz.de

JoeST

hey michl, great intersections, wow there huuuuuuuuuuuuuge

but what about getting between inner and outer lanes?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

michl

Hi JoeST! :)

You can see it on the first picture. You can change from the "main-lanes" to the other lanes at the beginning an the end of the intersection. ;)

Greetings, michl :thumbsup:
Hi, Greetings to everybody

My Metropolis Harlin:
http://www.sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4502.0

Teublitz Fire Department http://www.ff-teublitz.de

MandelSoft

Wow! That's an uber-interchange  :o! Good job! &apls
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Great interchanges /-sections there, @ all! Great pictures of them, too! :thumbsup:

frdrcklim

Awesome interchanges. Awesomeness... errr. Speechless  :D
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

art128

awesome interchange, incredible  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Haljackey

Meh.. may as well post this sucker here... Its a unique stack interchange.  It is unique because it involves sunken, ground and elevated highways whereas the normal stack interchange is just ground and elevated highways.

The area around it has just been developed recently, and the junction is predicted to see heavy traffic soon.

As always, click for full resolution! (1920x1200)

Best,
-Haljackey

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ExiLe

that's some huge intersections Michl!  :thumbsup:

,take care
...coming soon

Patricius Maximus

Some of mine...

A roundabout-like intersection seen in The Patrician Showcase:

And a diamond interchange with a splitting avenue. The unique thing about this is the lack of traffic signals, which has strangely improved traffic: