• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

Umm, I think they're your RHW texture... :D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

I know the draggable parts are, but if you look closely at the puzzle pieces, they're a different shade, and then if you look at the dashes, unless I'm going insane, that's the new RHW texture. Compare it to the shots on the RHW thread.

allan_kuan1992

i know that jdub makes lots of radical changes at times... so i think that's his modification... i've never seen those textures on RL btw...

- Allan Kuan

nerdly_dood

Well it seems to me that jdub's image there is a somewhat low-quality JPG compression.  The only program I know of that keeps JPG images perfect is MS Paint; Photofiltre always diminishes the quality when you save to a JPG, no matter what compression rate you use.  I don't know about the puzzle pieces, they might be Tarkus' new texture, but I'm pretty sure that the non-puzzle-piece textures are yours, DTP,  because the dashes are closer together - Tarkus' texture has one single dash per tile, and they are slightly shorter than they are on your texture.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Jonathan

Great Intersection there J-dub :thumbsup:

And those RHW exits do look an awful lot like the new RHW textures, maybe J-dub could put us out our misery :)

And Nerdly_dood my MSpaint diminshes the quality of JPGs, is there some switch or something, because it gets annoying when I forgot to save as a bmp.

Jonathan

Shadow Assassin

QuoteThe only program I know of that keeps JPG images perfect is MS Paint; Photofiltre always diminishes the quality when you save to a JPG, no matter what compression rate you use.

Are you sure you haven't got them mixed up? :P Paint always reduces the quality of an image - it's lossy...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

deathtopumpkins

There is another program that comes with XP called MS Picture Manager, and it will let you save 100% quality JPEGs.

I know the rest of the textures are mine.

QuoteAnd those RHW exits do look an awful lot like the new RHW textures, maybe J-dub could put us out our misery  :)
Pretty please?

j-dub

Sorry. I don't have the new RHW. Everytime I save a picture, MSPaint alters the colors. I definately would have built this with out having to using OWR and Avenues in between the RHW. Then again, I don't know if thats true, due to however the size of which ever new RHW pieces are coming. I admit I did alter some parts of this picture a little, everything is built as it is. No one wants to see a double yellow line in the middle of the road between MIS and OWR. I hate that. Basically I was hiding zits with make-up. While you were focusing on the RHW, I'm suprised no one noticed the avenue in the bottom right corner, its not a 4 way, but there is a turn lane on the one side.

CasperVg

I can do better than this, but nevertheless I wanted to show it.

From a new region I am developing...

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

Although I don't see interchanges like this one in my home country, I must congratulate you for your good work, caspervg. :thumbsup:  I do have one question, however.  In the top pic, it looks as though you have connected MIS ramps to a roundabout.  Is this normally possible?  If it is, it may provide me a "roundabout" way to connect the MIS to other networks.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

Quote from: metarvo on August 26, 2008, 06:19:48 AM
Although I don't see interchanges like this one in my home country, I must congratulate you for your good work, caspervg. :thumbsup:  I do have one question, however.  In the top pic, it looks as though you have connected MIS ramps to a roundabout.  Is this normally possible?  If it is, it may provide me a "roundabout" way to connect the MIS to other networks.

Yes, just drag a OWR roundabout and connect it with the MIS. If it doesn't work, make the straight part of the MIS before the roundabout longer.

BTW, I have here a nice hybrid-cloverleaf interchange:

EDIT: This is a city under construction, so that's why you see no traffic.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

frdrcklim

Very nice interchanges, but it's kind'a lonely lol. Where's the traffic? Oh no, the oil price shock has finally reached SimCity 4 streets.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Great interchange there, mrtnrln! :thumbsup:
Also yours are looking wonderful, caspervg! ;)

deathtopumpkins

Nice Casper and Maarten. Maarten, I especially like the smoothness of the slopes in yours, and it's a very creative layout.

From my city journal, here is a new trumpet interchange:

[looks a little big, but according to photobucket its only 1024x768]

Afterwards I filled in the open area with a small TPW pond,

And since I've added some weeds along the edge of the pond and along the highway using Chris's wonderful RRP flora.

[picture from unposted update 21]

What do you guys think? I think this is one of my best.

art128

deathtopumpkins, your interchange are very good !!

Props & Texture Catalog

Haljackey

caspervg:  A very nice job!  I can see that you are using a new sign system to number your highways  ;)
-It looks a little weird to see both sites of the highway shift inward for middle of the interchange.  Why not just extend the tunnel an extra tile each way?

mrtnrln:  Nice combination!  Thats a lot of tunnels!

deathtopumpkins:  Other than the texture problems, its a classic.  Well done!

Anyways, some new ones from me, now that we're starting to post pictures again here :P

Please click for Full Resolution!  (1920x1200)

Tight interchange near a large transit station.

A maxis highway interchange at the edge of town:

RHW with a GLR median:

Work on a massive interchange:

I hope you enjoyed them! 

Best,
-Haljackey

frdrcklim

Deathtopumpkins, that really is amazing. I could look at it all day.

Haljackey, I'm glad your city is not affected by the oil price shock. ;)
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.