• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

@Everybody: All the pictures are really cool. Really like A200's RHW :thumbsup:. Here are a couple more i have to show ;)

Cloverleaf Interchange

Same view at night

Another Trumpet interchange

porter66083

I really like the last one, eggman!

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

frdrcklim

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

riiga

Very nice interchanges eggman121.  :)

j-dub

Yes these are regular intersections, HOWEVER, its the fact that I got these Maxis traffic lights AFTER an avenueXavenue intersection functioning. Okay, maybe the overhanging ones don't get along with the ground ones, but its a start. 

Alternate type of avenue intersection with RHW crossing. Notice there is lights on the side of the overhanging poles, and yes there is some in the middle still. Here it was possible to parallel signals before and after the intersection with the red light sequence.

I only did this to see if signals further than one tile were possible, but then again the avenue left turn lane ones are a different story. Not that I'm going to pursue this any further, just thought you guys should know it can be done, and since the intersection thread gets the most traffic..
PS, don't expect to find or be able to this type of intersection anywhere afterwords.
And now this looks like a typical RHW interchange,

but the intersections on both sides where the on slope meets at the light is actually a half avenue intersection, look closely, the traffic lights are drawn different than regular oneways crossing avenues.

Thats because it was 2 four way avenue intersections split up in half. The one direction where you go over the RHW doesn't have them. This is made from using a oneway, drawing a tiny avenue transition over the oneway, spliting the avenue up with a rail, bulldozing the rail, and then plopping the avenue onslope intersection over the transition, that it draws the traffic lights this way. However, this onewayXavenue intersection, you can't change direction.

bat

Two nice intersections, eggman121! And the second is looking beautiful!

Really good work there, too! Some nice pictures, j-dub!

Patricius Maximus

A couple of mine...

Cloverstack interchange with left exits:

Another cloverstack variant -- this time with the semi-directional ramps in one straight section:

That's all.

Please post comments and/or suggestions.

Fixed link/images . . . you were missing a bracket. ;-) -Alex (Tarkus)

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

deathtopumpkins

Pagenotfound: Holy crap! That's quite the interchange! I like the smoothness of it. And I see somebody else using my textures...  ;)

Patricius Maximus: I still really like that second cloverstack varient. I think I might attempt a replica of it.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

Great work there on these new intersections, Patricius Maximus!
Also your intersection is looking wonderful, pagenotfound!

Patricius Maximus

Great work, pagenotfound. A Parclo linked up with a C/D transfer, all in one interchange.

More of mine coming in the next week.

j-dub

@Pagenotfound: Twelve lanes. Hmmmm.
I bet the animals are thrilled having to cross that highway built across their forest.

pagenotfound

those slip lanes are photoshopped arent they?  $%Grinno$% Or arent they?  ()what() :o
&apls &apls
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

nerdly_dood

No, that's an overhanging prop with paths, I think? Probably not photoshopped.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Well all textures have to be made somewhere, functinalal or not. MS paint won't get you anywhere. I wasn't given any instructions on how to texture stuff, but I self taught myself to make grass by simply adding noise, and alot of random pixels over a gradient. It is indeed an overhanging prop, so only UDI can make it through. I have no clue why that bus is on the wrong side of the road though, see? The windshield is facing the wright direction. That bus apparently has driven off the Maxis game pathes. However, you can see this slip lane has a diagonal Maxis traffic lgiht, and it is red. That is not Photoshoped, and the only way to get signals to change red is to have stop points on a path. However, everyone can now use MIS ramps for the same effect, sacrificing more room.

Ryan B.

Quote from: j-dub on August 13, 2008, 12:16:35 PM
Well all textures have to be made somewhere, functinalal or not. MS paint won't get you anywhere. I wasn't given any instructions on how to texture stuff, but I self taught myself to make grass by simply adding noise, and alot of random pixels over a gradient. It is indeed an overhanging prop, so only UDI can make it through. I have no clue why that bus is on the wrong side of the road though, see? The windshield is facing the wright direction. That bus apparently has driven off the Maxis game pathes. However, you can see this slip lane has a diagonal Maxis traffic lgiht, and it is red. That is not Photoshoped, and the only way to get signals to change red is to have stop points on a path. However, everyone can now use MIS ramps for the same effect, sacrificing more room.

I disagree.  The TLA textures I designed were made in Paint.

deathtopumpkins

My turn to disagree! You can actually do a lot in MS Paint. I use it for everything I've done (except the RHW textures, not made by me, just modded), and it seems to be working fine for my Transit Retexturing Project. You just have to know how do bend Paint to your will.

burgsabre87: You made the TLA textures?

Ryan B.

j-dub

I didn't say TRANSIT texture. I use paint.net, it was intended to replace the original MS paint.

deathtopumpkins

Oh. We thought it was implied. By the way, that domain name does not exist.