• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Dang, SA.  Now that is a nice interchange. :thumbsup:  Stock, maybe, but there's nothing wrong with stock when it looks that good.

-Alex (Tarkus)

blade2k5

Definitely not boring...and those textures are sweet.  You deserve an &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

pagenotfound

Woooah!!  :o

I wish there was a faint smily because this is so sweet
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

cammo2003

Quote from: Haljackey on April 04, 2008, 08:22:27 AM
Oooohhh man that is just sick SA! :-[  I am drooling over those amazing asphalt textures of yours!  :thumbsup:

I can't wait for them to be released!  Best of luck with them!

Best,
-Haljackey

... That about sums it up. Heck, I've laid off the Euro Road Mod until this is released.

spa

Quote from: Pat on April 02, 2008, 12:42:30 PM
J-Dub That intersection would cause any good sim to go mad lol

Interestingly there is an intersection just like that one in Halifax (where Quinpool Road and Robie Street meet)!

j-dub

@Spa, I don't know if you've driven there, but would a roundabout be better for that real life setup instead? I know what waiting a 5 or 6 way intersection is like, this one road I know has not one, but 2 of those intersections with a signal, and that makes me mad, the light turns red, and it really backs up. I don't know about Halifax, but from where I go to, theres a 6 way signalized intersection but people turning left from all of those roads have a completely seperate traffic signal in the left turn lane in addition for waiting for the mainroad traffic lights to change, but hey what do I know, Times Square is multi ways, and they don't even have left turn arrows the last time I checked that intersection. How many people here get stuck with that guy named LEFT ON GREEN ARROW ONLY?

zakuten

There's also a good number of six-point intersections in Chicago, too, where the rare angle streets like Milwaukee Ave. hit major roads at their own NS/EW intersections on the grid, mostly on the north side. In fact, there's at least 2 areas known as Six Corners thanks to that. Random trivia, yay.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Tarkus

There's tons of them in Portland, Oregon as well.  Sandy Boulevard cuts diagonally through the grid on the east side, and there's tons of odd intersections there as a result, including some 6-ways [link].  (It's enabled in Google Street View as well, in case you want to take a "drive" on it.)

-Alex (Tarkus)

spa

J-dub: I have often thought that especially since this particular 6 point intersection is a major one since its where Quinpool Road and Robie Street meet. Its funny, there's a much worse 6 pointer just a few blocks away (the street in the top right goes to it). That one is really confusing and is one I'll go out of my way to avoid.

bat

Wonderful intersections there, @ all!

And like that RHW-intersection with your textures (also looking forward to the release of them), SA!!!

MandelSoft

Nice interchange, Shadow Assassin. Looks very smooth. I'm waiting for those textures so long!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bakerton

Spa, Nice RL pic from Halifax, I do know how it feels to be stuck at a 5 way intersection as that because where I live (Kenosha, Wisconsin USA) has one and it takes about 5 min. to complete the cycle as a state highway goes through that very same intersection in my hometown. To everyone, nice pics and some has inspired me to try to build some good intersections when I play. Great work people. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

zakuten

Here's one from my CJ; horrific, I know. It's gonna be completely torn out once I can figure out how to fix it nicely. The ground highway, you see, is a turnpike, so it has to have exit tolls, causing me to make this strange mess.

Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

sebes

Actually, I like that spaghetti junctions zakuten!

These are the exits I build near my BSC-Airport in my Nieuw Amsterdam region

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Alfred.Jones

Woah! I think i'd need a very good map or a very expensive GPS to get through that!! :D

Very impressive :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Great work there, zakuten!

Excellent picture of your work, sebes!

Haljackey

What a mess zakuten and sebes!   :P

As crazy as it looks, it actually wouldn't be too hard to navigate at road level.  The junctions were actually well thought out!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Something I recently came up with..

Overview, showing the size of the interchange...

Another angle

A pond in the middle of the interchange, very common in Europe

The interchange

Another angle

This would be the interchange schematicly (the last one)

Kurumi's Field Guide to Interchanges
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

blade2k5

&apls Very nice Casper.  Sebes and zakuten's are nice too :thumbsup:  Nice work everyone &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

bat

Like that small lake in the intersection which is looking wonderful, caspervg! :thumbsup: