• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

new "real" Sim City in 2013

Started by RickD, February 28, 2012, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

No. Server control, comes before software. I still get complaints about those not being able to play due to Origin server not being available within a 2 hour access, ask Haljackey. To a number of people, maybe they don't care about the technical so much, when they are not even able to play at all. Right now, the number one priority should be server control, if their not going to change their policy regarding the Origin connection requirement.

That is mainly what makes the game still broken, but that at least could be fixed, however, giveN typical histories of some people, I doubt EA will ever fix it, which would best be by removing the Origin requirement. I don't hate Maxis here, where as EA is comparable to Comcast for bad customer service. Either way, its not worth losing 65 to 80 USD over if you can't play at all. Here's the thing though, what kills me, there were F2P games on the same system I won't even name, that did not have as major of a time out problem, when you consider the 3D depth of those other EA titles, and the bandwidth traffic, because the amount of kids on the free to play Origin server, as opposed to the amount of people who coughed so much to play SC2013, I could see where that major miscalculation lies.

"what can we remove?" While not flatout said like that in public, that thought process is not exactly something new to NAM, which I need not explain Project Symphony.

NCGAIO

It seems to me that the solution is still a bit far ...
ecourtaux
Keeper Posts: 4  Registered: 03-21-2013
Re: [Info Request] From Players experiencing Rollbacks - 04-02-2013 - 10:19 AM

EA/Maxis, Please fix this, we cannot play!

- I can´t believe EA/Maxis still ignores this issue. I'm seeing more than 100 new posts every day with processing errors, rollbacks and missing cities, and it seems no one is doing anything to resolve it, or at least give some explanation!

Message 1521 of 1,523 (11 Views)
source: Miscellaneous Issues - Info Request From Players experiencing Rollbacks
note: The italics are the post

It seems that those affected by the problem do not share the same humor that has those responsible when treat the matter

:P - SimCity dev pokes fun at game's troubles

And now... a practical result of Teleportation Sims

Sims in my city acting weird after the latest patch.

Glandrex
Member   -  Posted Yesterday, 01:23 AM

- After downloading a new simcity patch few days ago, Sims in my city are leaving the city after shopping or working despite it is the only city in the reigon. They are shoppers and workers and i found out that after leaving the city, they will magically appear back in my city back in their house just right before the rush hour starts which is 6am or 6pm and they will go to work again. This is incredibly frustrating to me as it essentially make my sims unhappy because they are not returning to their house afte working or shopping which is the game's "happiness".

source:Sims in my city acting weird after the latest patch.

Reminds me of the joke for old cars ...How much more you try to fix more spoils.

NCGAIO

Not all is lost ...

" Need an extra incentive to go green in SimCity? - Maybe you need a little boost in the form of the new Nissan Leaf Charging Station "

"$Deal"$  - SimCity Nissan Leaf Charging Station

- If  do not solve the problems of traffic at least solved the pollution :thumbsup:

Probably meant to be an advertisement of the brand paid but the way things are going only even giving goodies.

Enjoy it!  :D

M4346

The number of times they mention Nissan... One would think it's a Nissan ad. Oh, wait...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NCGAIO

Quote from: M4346 on April 02, 2013, 01:53:50 PM
The number of times they mention Nissan... One would think it's a Nissan ad. Oh, wait...

Just missed saying "Do not forget .... if you want a car buy a NISSAN!"

Best thing I read on the net about it .....

" Does Nissan really want to associate themselves with EA (and especially this EA game ?) What is the message ? That Nissan cars are broken, untested and that the old Nissans are working better than the newer ones ? "
souce:LINK

In the wake of rebooting things LINK ...  someone leaked that the next LICENSING of Maxis for its new type of public is already on the way .

Sim City: The Card Game

j-dub

I was watching "Grimm" and the funny thing is they made a crack on EA, shortly after this SC disaster. I guess I'm glad to see some people playing it, but not everyone has that same fate, but broken servers remain broken game.

RickD

Quotea level of complexity that, in the end, proved to be not only unnecessary, but also un-fun.
Hmm, if only someone would invent a method that lets players choose the level of complexity and difficulty when they start a game.   ::)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Nexis4Jersey

Ive given up on EA ever fixing the game there are over 120 game bugs , errors etc...only 7 have been fixed and its been over a month since the game has been out.    I don't think its fair to say this is all EA's fault , some of it is Maxis aswell.   The Same goes for the other gaming divisons of EA...its really 50/50.   I suspect there is alot of DLC in the works...

z

DLC can't fix the bugs.  To the contrary, the bugs will make it harder for any DLC to work.

NCGAIO

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on April 03, 2013, 06:33:17 AM
  I don't think its fair to say this is all EA's fault , some of it is Maxis aswell.   The Same goes for the other gaming divisons of EA...its really 50/50.   I suspect there is alot of DLC in the works...

Unless you really believe that they deliberately opted for having a ton of extra work to replicate the cities on the servers, so that you could make a little visit to the neighbors ( thing of social pictionary and so the small towns) and thus transform in uncontrollable nightmare, the queue to get hundreds of thousands of arquivinhos Kbytes to update the maps, instead of only the files needed for a regional multyplayer on the data, then the blame could be of Pinoquio  Lucy and set his guys.

Now regarding the wait for miracles to see this game working as promised with tens of thousands accessing the same service just  think likely for half of the year . But do not worry because the access soon lowered enough that this utopia project may at least partly fulfill some promises.

The doubt then it will be to what extent the EA will keep Simcity servers safe from the guillotine  whether the objectives remain much lower than expected! The past does not behind much hope for this question.

But one can always hope for maneuvers to save the investment. Maybe it turns F2P too!

vortext

Some interesting developments going on. There's a mod now which allows parks to be placed anywhere but the real kicker is there appears to be some kind of auto fill function.

And it works at angles, too.

Can't shake the feeling there're some much more features to this game then were available upon release. . . &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

catty

For those of us who kept saying an online game puts us at the mercy of EA Games and how ever long they decide to keep the servers going, EA has just announced they are planning on shutting down on May 14, Madden NFL Superstars '11 and'12, as well as NHL Superstars games. Then on Jun. 14, it will shut down SimCity Social, Pet Society, and The Sims Social games the reason given "so we can reallocate development resources to other titles that we hope you'll have just as much fun playing. We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we thank you for everything you've added to the community"

One of their suggestions to the SimCity Social forum is they go and play a PopCap game like Plants vs. Zombies instead   ()sad()

And then they announced that if you buy any Crest or Oral-B products you will be able get a new park with either

Giant Garden Gnome
    Dolly the Dinosaur
    Llarry the Llama
    MaxisMan Statue
    the World's Largest Ball of Twine

in it, the problem is the offer is only open to people in the United States and you can only claim abandoned cities in SimCity 2013 if you have matching DLCs and you won't be able to visit a friends city either unless you both share the same DLCs, which is going to start causing restrictions on what cities you can play or even if you can join a existing region or who you can play with   &mmm

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

NCGAIO

The reasons for dropping EA Playfish maybe have more to do with it ...

These announcements follow on the April 12 announcement that EA's Montréal studio will be reorganized and downsized. All of these decisions, of course, are taking place in the context of EA's impending Q4 and full year results, which are expected to be at the bottom end of or below EA's guidance.

source Forbes:Anti-Social Behavior? EA Closes Sim City, Sims Social, Limits Facebook Exposure

And as there is no official data on the use then this small sample can indicate the status of the game ...

SimCity's launch issues in early March were well publicized, and though it hung on to come in at #20, the trend is not looking good. During the last week of the month SimCity was the 34th most played game, and the drop off of new players joining the game has been precipitous since mid-month. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, EA can do to turn this around.

souce: RAPTR'S MOST PLAYED GAMES - MARCH 2013

Really much besides dying patches and promotional DLCs will have to happen to rid the game of the same destination Simcity Social

jdenm8

Quote from: catty on April 16, 2013, 10:35:40 AM
And then they announced that if you buy any Crest or Oral-B products you will be able get a new park with either

Giant Garden Gnome
    Dolly the Dinosaur
    Llarry the Llama
    MaxisMan Statue
    the World's Largest Ball of Twine

in it, the problem is the offer is only open to people in the United States and you can only claim abandoned cities in SimCity 2013 if you have matching DLCs and you won't be able to visit a friends city either unless you both share the same DLCs, which is going to start causing restrictions on what cities you can play or even if you can join a existing region or who you can play with   &mmm

-catty

They've done similar things for The Sims 3 a few times. Hasn't stopped the content being pirated to hell and back.

I'm not advocating pirating it though. It just doesn't sit on the bad side of my moral compass since they're making no effort to make it available to me.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

catty

This seemed a good a place as any to post this information

"SimCity creative director Ocean Quigley has left Maxis along with lead architect Andrew Willmott and lead gameplay engineer Dan Moskowitz to set up a new studio called Jellygrade"

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/16/simcity-leads-leave-maxis-to-form-jellygrade-studio/

https://twitter.com/oceanquigley

()sad()
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

vortext

Hm, rats leaving the sinking ship I guess.  ()sad()
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kitsune

yes... but what they're developing sounds a lot like Spore, hopefully not dumbed down.
~ NAM Team Member

catty