• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

A great hospital. Pity you can't make an Academic Hospital that raises health all over your region. It would be a real good lot for that.

compdude787

Nice hospital complex, belfastsocrates!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

omgitskosc

Made a lot of parking textures. :P

Relotted gascooker's Tesco utilizing them:

dyoungyn

Looks GREAT.  Just what I have been creating for years, is a more realistic hospital complex.  My only roadblock has always been "Sky Walks"  I do have sky walks but only for roads and avenues.  I see you have them over one way roads, parking, etc.  May I kindly ask where you got them from?

dyoungyn
Quote from: belfastsocrates on March 24, 2016, 11:36:14 AM
Hospital site progressing...

I welcome any comments, positive or negative, on how it looks so far. I will be adding 'activity' to the storage/workshop area as well as the sandstone walkways.

belfastsocrates

I was about to call you a fraud for ripping off KOSC's textures and then I saw the end of your username  :D

Good to see you over here!  ;)
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

belfastsocrates

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 29, 2016, 04:08:04 PMMy only roadblock has always been "Sky Walks"  I do have sky walks but only for roads and avenues.  I see you have them over one way roads, parking, etc.  May I kindly ask where you got them from?

I relotted Glenni's skywalks so they had a concrete or grass base texture. I also used them as props when relotting some buildings so they'd connect to neighbouring buildings.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

dyoungyn

belfastsocrates,

Thank you for the reply.  May I kindly ask that you please share as they do look totally awesome.

dyoungyn

Quote from: belfastsocrates on March 29, 2016, 04:12:16 PM
Quote from: dyoungyn on March 29, 2016, 04:08:04 PMMy only roadblock has always been "Sky Walks"  I do have sky walks but only for roads and avenues.  I see you have them over one way roads, parking, etc.  May I kindly ask where you got them from?

I relotted Glenni's skywalks so they had a concrete or grass base texture. I also used them as props when relotting some buildings so they'd connect to neighbouring buildings.

FrankU

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

belfastsocrates

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 29, 2016, 07:04:29 PM
Thank you for the reply.  May I kindly ask that you please share as they do look totally awesome.

Yeah I can send them to you. The only issue with the skywalks which feature the concrete supports is that the support props are, I think, a type of monorail support, I need to check that. The problem is that they look perfect from one angle but switch to a different view and they don't line up with the skywalks. I don't have an issue personally as I use them purely for in-game CJ use but it's something to bear in mind. If anyone had any ideas in regard to alternative support props let me know.

Now the hospital site is complete there's a few other gaps in this large city tile that need filled before I can move on to work on the massive Passau Island area I announced in my MD many months ago.

This particular city tile has featured extensive GLR and I'm in the middle of planning a modern GLR depot. The depot will have cleaning and maintenance facilities as well as being the 'tram parking area' during the hours the GLR doesn't operate.

I'll be using MGB's lovely depot buildings and Simmer has very kindly agreed to assist in the creation of GLR track overlays, they'll be a clone of the RRW overlays he's showcased in his thread. I'm very grateful for his assistance and MGB's depot buildings.

This is the area it'll be located in (the motorway in this area will be placed in a tunnel)

and this is a rather simple plan for the depot. I'll likely refine it in-game and with LE, so the final layout may vary slightly and will depend on track layout and so on :)

woodb3kmaster

Looks promising, belfast! For other layout ideas, you might take a look at this new maintenance yard for the Los Angeles Metro. It's somewhat similar to what you've planned above, and it should be large enough to suit your needs.

Meanwhile, I've been working on a new airport in preparation for a new series of MD updates. To start, here's the access road setup as it stands:

While I'm not totally pleased with how Terminal 1 looks, it seems to be the best way to combine xannepan's JFK terminal with the modular terminal pieces to make a larger terminal.

Terminal 2, on the other hand, turned out much better, IMO.

[

In order to better reflect the runways' magnetic headings, I made a few custom runway designators for use with Tabi's 200' version of the RMIP runways. I'm also working on a set of 30° exit taxiway textures that will fit these runways (some of the streets below are serving as placeholders for those taxiways).

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Gugu3

omgitskosc

That is one massive and realistic looking airport! Splendid!

Got a few more boring US suburban business parks in the works.

dyoungyn

Looks great and a more realistic office parks.  Only one complaint and that is parking.  The first image the parking looks sufficient.  The second and third, seems to lack more realistic parking for the size of the office buildings.  No real complaints, only an observation for what could be suburban office parks.

omgitskosc

Quote from: dyoungyn on April 05, 2016, 08:12:00 PM
Looks great and a more realistic office parks.  Only one complaint and that is parking.  The first image the parking looks sufficient.  The second and third, seems to lack more realistic parking for the size of the office buildings.  No real complaints, only an observation for what could be suburban office parks.

Yeah, the spaces are rather limited. These are all growable lots which is why I was hesitant to supersize the parking lots. If you look closely, there are multiple entrances on the lots which are meant for expandable parking via my modular set.

woodb3kmaster

KOSC: Thanks! Just wait until you see the whole airport. Your latest business park lots are looking fantastic, btw - I look forward to using them in my cities!

Remember how I said I was working on a set of 30° exit taxiways? Well, here they are:

I made separate lots for the runway side of the exit taxiway and the taxiway side, each with the taxiway facing one of two directions. The lots aren't as modular as the classic RMIP, but I've endeavored to match the style of the existing sets.

I made sure to include all the details and get the geometry right. mbsimcity's plans for new runway/taxiway lots came in handy, and if he comes back, I'd love to collaborate with him to help realize the dream of having good-looking, 200-foot-wide runways.

I'm still trying to get the taxiway center-line as close to the center of the runway as it should be, but I've run into some trouble. The flat props I made for my first attempt turned out to be pretty much invisible in game, so I'll have to find out what I'm doing wrong on that end.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Themistokles

Quote from: omgitskosc on April 05, 2016, 07:28:49 PM[...]

These parking textures are a true revolution for sc4 parking realism. What texture are you using, kosc, to extend the medium-green lawn, like in between the buildings in the last image? Never mind, realised it was Maxis' default $$ grass. Never thought it looked so good! :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

j-dub

Ughh. If I had it my way, all the Maxis and Nam based pavement would have that more realistic look these new parking lot textures have instead of that Maxis default black pavement where there's no skin detail, but it's too time consuming and complex to make such a replacement for all parts. Otherwise, I would say thisshot  looks pretty real, too bad Maxis networks are too cartoonish.

eyelevel

I'm updating some of my canals with the newer bsc canal textures...

The water looks a lot more realistic now.

mgb204

Just to follow on from my development thread, I've managed to get the base pieces working. There are a few minor issues to sort out, but it's happening finally. Obviously the image is photoshopped a bit, for example the transition with the 270° bend doesn't actually exist (yet - maybe I add this). But the diagonal pieces are working, basically a carbon-copy of those from MattB325's diagonal add-on for the original's by SG.

If I manage to work out FAR-Support, I'll probably update them for both SG's original and CAL's re-mastered canals. Since the only difference between them is the textures and how they are rendered.