• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deora

cmdp:Thanks man,it`s always good to get useful and helpful critics and advises.
About the map:I chose this map because it was one of the few maps which are aligned with the Simcity Street Grid and also includes complete Manhattan.The Map from Izidor for example is missing the upper Region of Manhattan,so most of Harlem is missing.
That thread on Simtropolis is indeed helpful,the funny thing is that they are almost at the same stage as me,completing the road grid and thinking about how the Broadway and how the Financial District can be made.Yesterday i found out that the draggable fractional angled curves also can fit perfectly in a narrow street grid.So if there is any wider network with draggable Fractional Angled Curve-Abbility i would be happy to use it.
About the scale:It seems that the scale isn`t that bad after all.It suits the 4 tile wide horizontal street grid perfectly and the roads always end where they would be expected.
As for the Terrainmod,i actually forgot which one i`m using.It was a HD Terrainmod from Simtropolis and i choosed it because the grass is green without looking too bright and the beach areas have a greyish white sand.One thing i want to change is the rock texture.Currently it really looks like some kind of granite but it might be better to have a texture with less dark spots and specks in it.Something that maybe looks like concrete.Any help would be appreciated.

tankmank

Loving the work guys, a lot of interesting stuff going on.

A beach area in a small city i am building, this area is about 1km from the CBD

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Wow, great pic  &apls  You've done an excellent job with the transition from sidewalk to sand that makes this type of scene so difficult to make  :thumbsup:

cmdp123789

Deora: I think you should check again buddy. The map from Izidor44 includes almost all the metro area, and it is completely aligned with sc4 grid :)

deora

Quote from: cmdp123789 on July 27, 2014, 04:58:30 PM
Deora: I think you should check again buddy. The map from Izidor44 includes almost all the metro area, and it is completely aligned with sc4 grid :)

Ah sorry,your`re right.I didn`t took a closer look to the SC4 Mapper Top Down View.Man,this is a behemoth of a map.I really have to think about it if i will start over again.On the pro site,it seems that the pier thingies are already there,so no guessing where to place harbour pieces in manhattan (i also wanted to bring back a little more industrial harbour to my manhattan)
On the contra site...well everything else.I`m not that type of SC 4 player that can fill a large city tile within a few hours.I am often micromanaging every single block of streets and until several 4 x 15 grid blocks are filled with the buildings i want to can take hours.Now imagine that with a whole city .
But i will sure keep this map in mind.I have to admit that there are large portions on my current map of which i`m not very satisfied about.I made a few mistakes with the avenues that go from top to bottom and now i have one or two avenues too much and had to place other avenues aside to make room and to give it a proper look.You will notice that if you look closely at the connection between the second and third city tile with manhattan on it .

jmsepe

Just a new city I am working on. Further update will be on my MD. :)

Just wandering around like a teddy bear running around the garden. :P

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

Nanami

^^ I see what you did there... though in my opinion the railway should be raised into heavy rail viaduct or elevated rail rather than ground rail with that crossing in the major avenue....

ps: I need to mirror the image before can see it.... -_-'

noahclem

Very nice looking city area  &apls  The selection of BATs is top notch both for their quality and their appearance together and the five-way intersection and street mod work excellently. I'm paying special attention to that mod as I'm starting a new region where I'm using it for the first time--it makes the railway adjacent to the road look much nicer as there's more of a divide between the two and it somehow makes the space between the triangle Japanese building and the road look better (I think it often looks too narrow since the building goes right up to the edge of the lot). As a small detail I'd suggest magneto's Sayonara! Maxis Trees mod so the couple Maxis trees popping up look as nice as the others. Could you let me know where you came across that rounded corner building? Best of luck with your MD, I'll be looking forward to it  :thumbsup:

jmsepe

Thank you guys.

@Kisa, well if Tokyo has Shibuya, New York has Times Square and even Nakahara has Suzuya Crossing. Well then I present to you Teiko's Shimazaki Crossing.  That is an important intersection in Teiko of three arterial avenues (Igarashi Avenue going north, Koike Avenue going to the right and Jonghyun Avenue going northeast). :P

@noahclem, I think I found it in STEX, and yes I will try to get Magneto's Sayonara although it is really a big plugin. :)
Just wandering around like a teddy bear running around the garden. :P

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

Nanami

Okazawa-cho, Chiyoko City, Watanabe Prefecture:

I working in this tile at this moment... expecting me to post an update soon... :)

jacqulina

compdude787

I was up late last night MMPing this delta area. This was the first time I've ever really done a lot of MMPing (aka making your arm tired after holding the mouse button down for so long), but it turned out quite nicely:

All the MMPs I have in my menu were installed just because they happened to be dependencies for something else. I love it when dependencies actually give you something useful!  ()stsfd()

I'll probably post more pics in my MD once I'm really happy with it.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

belfastsocrates

The entire country of Perseus is an on-going project. This WIP map just shows Passau, which is probably only 50% complete, and most has been plopped with custom lots. It's incredibly time consuming but I really enjoy how it's developing and being shaped.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vortext

Wow, very nice region view belfastsocrates&apls

Starting working on the cobble stone textures in earnest. Currently all 'straight' tiles are done, intersections about halfway done, connectivity to and from other networks still to be tackled all together. 

Thoughts?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Impressive cobblestone textures, Vortext. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bipin

romualdillo

belfastsocrates

Superb! Really really love them, much more 'realistic' than the existing cobblestone streets. I adore them!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde