• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

Kitsune

Quote from: FrankU on September 03, 2013, 12:46:50 AM
Hi,
Is this one large tile filled with small streets, waiting for residentials to pop up? How long did it take you to fill it with all the streets? Could you give us some close ups?

About 10 hours ... I fill out the roads so I can zone 1x1 ... here is the end result for that tile:

The reason why I go this route is a 1x1 house holds as many residents as a 2x2 lot. So 4 1x1 hold almost four times the residents depending on the house. That tile peaked at 250K sims, I'm working on another tile that'll likely end up around 330K sims. The two blank spots in the bottom left is for medium density, and along the top that is the city boundary. For jobs, I use a modify BSC 2x2 grass park. I removed all the props so its only grass, gave it an insane landmark effect and also 1500 jobs. I also modified the demand graph so R$$ is always at 50K demand, and I set the tax rate to 0%. For the other two wealth, I set taxes at 20% and thats good enough to kill that demand. And of course, I use other mods (such as zero garbage, clean air / traffic and another one that limits power and water needs). What I'm attempting to do is build one realistic city, and the population should be over 3.5  million by the time I'm done with this monster, but I'm nowhere near being done.

~ NAM Team Member

FrankU

Ahh, yes...That is also a way to play the game.
And I am really curious what the streets and neighbourhoods look like. You have pictures for me? Close ups I mean?
The zoning of 1x1 do you do that by alternating mid and high density along streets?

zumwalah

The city I'm working on currently:
There is an album link below too

Click for full size
http://imgur.com/a/by9PT

Resized the picture to the limit of 1024 in width. - Arthur/moderator

vortext

Very nice zumwalah, good use of wide curves!  &apls

I also enjoyed the album, you should start a MD!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

zumwalah

Quote from: vortext on November 14, 2013, 08:32:53 AM
Very nice zumwalah, good use of wide curves!  &apls

I also enjoyed the album, you should start a MD!  :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I am definitely strongly considering a MD, but still dont really know what they are all about, im going to read a few of the classics, and see about getting something started.

I appreciate the feedback.

Swordmaster

MDing is nothing more than showing us what you do with the game. There's a wide variety of styles; you can tell a story, or just show pictures; show finished places, show work in progress; . . . the possibilities are infinite.

I concur with vortext that you should start one ;)

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Great work again  &apls  You do a really nice job creating an organic-looking transit layout. I'll third the motion to start an MD  :P

Kuewr665

Swordmaster

Interesting! You'll use the sea level trick, I expect?

Cheers
Willy

Kuewr665

Yes, the current sea level is temporary.

scott1964

Gugu3

catty

Some of you might remember my previous parks "Memorial City Park V1 thru to V3

Its been quite a while, but the lotting bug has hit me again and I've started work on V4 which will be a place for walking your dog.

;D
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Varnado

Here's part of my city of Jamaica, Yakutat Bay. It's rapidly taking shape as the new metropolitan center of the still rural region. Since I took this shot, both of the farm fields in the upper-left part of the picture have been redeveloped as part of a new residential subdivision and downtown has undergone a number of restreetscaping projects.

Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

Gugu3

vortext

*click pic for full size*

It's starting to come together once more. Two flavors of growable IR fallows and a TE-ed R$ lot, dressed up with mmps.  ;)
time flies like a bird

Gugu3

barristerrible

Hmm, the last few posts on this were looking pretty well-developed, so I was reluctant to post, but here goes.

Project Motivation: A region to eventually serve as a setting for written fiction... should I get to that.
Essential Concepts:

• Euro-style subregion led by Riemann
  • American-style (esp. Midwest) subregion led by Norwalk
  • Poor diplomatic relations between the two (so far)

Details:

• Setup is SC4+Rush Hour, NAM, CAM (ex. demand mods), CPT trees, snow-capped terrain
  • Attitude: maximize realism, maximize in-game function, minimize exploits, no cheats

So, it's coming along.  The east and west corners are undetermined in terms of terrain, and I still need to decide how that land is divided between the two factions.  Dates are very important - I tag buildings with when they're constructed, and I generally prevent things (like modern shopping malls and tech) from appearing before their time.  I also accommodate urban design ideas, so expansive suburbs don't really show up until around 1950.  I'm not sure how large the population will get, though I feel it will be under a million.

To-do: determine how east and west divided; try to expand into mountains; perhaps start a page for this project...

vortext

Seems like a fun project, especially trying to incorporate two different styles. Something I'd be interested to see develop. Perhaps you should start a page indeed. .   ;) :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird