• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Just a little something I'm working on: a naval base to stand guard over the river mouth located in tile I-3 below:

This is the "residential" part of the base, housing approximately 12 000 people, which includes military personnel, administrative and other support staff and their families.

Click for 1024px image

The base has to be relatively self-reliant / self-sufficient as it is wholly within a national park indicated in red below:

This park was very recently expanded to include most of G-3, the islands in G-2 and H-3 in its entirety.

But more about that some other time ;)

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Swordmaster

Wow, looks great. More about that? How much more? Maybe the start of a new MD. . .

Are you doing a recreation of sorts? I know one thing about Jacksonville, that there is a very fine diagonal railyard. Something that will become possible if I get my way.

Cheers
Willy

rooker1

Great looking map M.....and you tease us with only one ingame pic, not nice....not nice at all!

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 08, 2013, 05:03:13 PM
Maybe the start of a new MD. . .

Agreed, I think M should.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

wouanagaine

Time to tease

Who knows what this year might give ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Girafe

Looks so promising Stephane, glad to see you around working on updating sc4 tools  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Well, well, if it isn't our Codemaster. Welcome back, Stephane. That certainly looks very interesting. Mapper, my favorite tool, could use an update.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Looks very promising  &apls &apls  I'd love to see an updated mapper!

M4346

SC4Mapper 2013 is spectacular Stephane! And those new and added features are just top notch!  :thumbsup:

Edit configs? Zoom in and out? Toggle cities overlay?!  ???

Mind. Blown.  :shocked2:

;D

Wow, looks great.

Thanks Willy! I put my OCD in the cupboard and accepted the lack of symmetry! Didn't turn out too bad at all :P

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 08, 2013, 05:03:13 PMAre you doing a recreation of sorts? I know one thing about Jacksonville, that there is a very fine diagonal railyard. Something that will become possible if I get my way.

I really love the Jacksonville map, but I'd rather not attempt a recreation as I've never been there and really don't want the added pressure. This time round it's just about playing.

I guess it will turn out like Jacksonville in the end, not because I aim for that, but because my region, just like the Jacksonville Metro, developed in response to the geographical features of the area.  ()stsfd() I'm guided by the terrain and by what I think would be the most logical development in a particular location.  ;D

Quote from: rooker1 on January 09, 2013, 03:39:45 AM
Maybe the start of a new MD. . .

Agreed, I think M should.

Robin

Only time will tell... but a full MD is not on the cards right now. Not because I don't want to, but because work and other commitments add too much pressure and are my priorities, unfortunately :P  &sly

Quote from: rooker1 on January 09, 2013, 03:39:45 AM
Great looking map M.....and you tease us with only one ingame pic, not nice....not nice at all!

Naughty M...  ::)

Here's a peek at the Naval Academy Chapel and the surrounding grounds with the tomb of the unnamed soldier:

Click for 1024px

And at night...

Click for 1024px
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

six9nc

This is going to be North Bend which is a Twin Rivers municipality.  Part of a metro region I plan growing to a decent size and density.  Once I figure out how to get a pic of the whole region you will see how important this city is.  It basically is the last piece of land that is not built up between the port city in the region and the "Twin Cities" upriver.  Once this is done I will start building small towns and cities on the edge of the central metro region.  A lot of work but all of the tutorials I have watched have come together in this region.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

MITSOS

Dantes

Wow, amazing !  :thumbsup: Fantastic Paris-atmosphere  :)

MITSOS

Dantes

@MITSOS: No problem, thank you for the show.

Test construction on slopes

ねこぱんち is so awesome  &ops He has programmed building for hillside development. I've experimented with it a little bit and hope you enjoy the pictures. Here is the link to the downloads:
http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=887&sid=7bf2fff3de4cd675f023d3694ce3e367

1.First I built the building right on the hillside road. That was an error.

3. *yay* Stairs *__*

4. So big error/ugly  :'(

5.Nightshot:

6.Next, I built up the slope so that the road leads only to the buildings. The hillside road I built separately on the side and attached later.

7. Finish  :) That looks better than my first try.

10. I like this picture

11. This picutre I like too  :P

12.A small supermarket is located at the bottom of the hill.

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

Paul 999

Today i have play some Sim City again, it was long ago.
The Rijksweg between Tilburg and Vught the N65 at The Netherlands.

Terring7

Using Paeng's Map Template, I'm going to build a huge cyberpunk city with as many futuristic mods as possible. This means that the whole city will have underground neighbourhoods, floating towns, antigravity buildings, arcologies, a large dome, tall skyscrapers, spaceports, quantum super computers, domed parks. modular apartment buildings and more. As you can see, the project is in the very beginning, so don't expect updates soon.

Here are a few informations about the names of the cities and my original plans about them:

Piraeus is a port city in Greece, located within the Athens urban area 12 km south-west from its city centre. This is where I live. Piraeus will have a few industries and residential zones as well. It will also have a seaport and some marinas.

Alexandria is the second largest city in Egypt and the largest city lying directly on the Mediterranean coast. Hellenistic Alexandria was best known for the Lighthouse of Alexandria and its Great Library. Since Alexandria has a few building space, development will take place on water. There is already a floating airport and other structures are coming up.

Kavala is the second largest city in northern Greece and my favourite city as well. Kavala will be mostly a residential zone, with plenty of parks and a few commercial buildings as well. Expanding on water is on my plans.

Trantor is a fictional planet in Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series and Empire series of science fiction novels. Is depicted as the capital of the first Galactic Empire and its land surface was entirely enclosed in artificial domes. Sounds like Coruscant from Star Wars, right? Trantor will be mostly commercial zone and will have the tallest buildings ever made for Simcity 4. An antigravity airport is already constructed.

Diaspar is the main location of Sir Arthur Clark's novel The City and the Stars, which takes place a billion years in the future. The city of Diaspar is completely enclosed and nobody has come in or left the city for as long as anybody can remember. The entire city is run by the Central Computer. Not only is the city repaired by machines, but the people themselves are created by the machines as well. Diaspar will be a general city, with homes, shops, offices and factories. There is already a dome here. Not sure if this dome will be just an eye candy however.

Valley of the Roses is a beautiful city that will constructed into the distant future. According to Paul Amadeus Dienach, his consciousness travels forward in time, at the year 3906 AD. He learns about the facts that stunned humanity from the 20th to the 40th century AD and put his experience down on paper. Valley of the Roses will be mostly a cultural city, with beautiful gardens and landmarks. On water expansions are also possible.

Mars Hill is a location west of downtown Flagstaff, Arizona, U.S.A.. We'll find there the main facility of Lowell Observatory, founded by astronomer Percival Lowell in order to observe Mars. Mars hill will be heavily industrialised, with plenty of laboratories here and there. Seaports are on plans as well.

Fluttertown is the only city named not by a location, but by an adorable cartoon character. Who is she? If you're brony, here is a clue for you. Element of kindness. Fluttertown will be mostly residential, with low and maybe medium density buildings as well, with plenty of parks and green zones.

Any idea is welcomed :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Bipin

Such a grand scale. You don't see this sort of thing too often, I love it!

Terring7

Don't forget that there are regions and cities much larger than mine ::)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Bipin

Still though, in contrast to most things in SC4 this is quite large.