• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Parks

Started by thingfishs, March 21, 2010, 07:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thingfishs

Hi all,
With their custom path textures and connectivity with so many lots etc (including jbsimio's uni, these are an indispensible part of the game. However I have at least a couple queries (and I'm sure there will be more)

When placing the paths (BSC Trails) the trees that are appearing (I assume via a prop family) are maxis trees. Can I make it so I can choose what will appear? (or is there already an alternate setup/family to download somewhere?)

Can I have separate textures for my paths and my footpaths... how?

Are there any BSC Trail compatible stairs anywhere? In making my uni I really want there to be levels (and thus stairs), like there is at my real uni.

Could these be transit enabled for pedestrians? (I'm guessing there's a reason why not, or it would've been done - I just want to keep understanding the whys of this game)

BTW I'm not 100% sure I've got the latest version of these. When I went to download them I couldn't work out which actual download they are from. So I hunted through my old plugin folder and found the BSC Parks Base set (from memory) But a LEX power search of BSC & parks is showing anything like this (other than a wide paths addon)

thanks for any and all help

ScottFTL

I can't answer all of your questions, but here is what I do know.

I don't think there have been any updates, but here is the link to the BSC Parks Base Set on the LEX:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=437
I think the best way to search for these is to use the Power Search with LEX Category set to Parks - BSC Compliant.

I haven't seen any stairs made for this set in particular, but there are other sets of stairs available.  They can be transit enabled for pedestrians, but the functionality would be limited.  You cannot place transit enabled lots next to each other and create a continuous connection.  For a functional stairway, the entire lot would have to connect to a road on each side for pedestrians to actually use it.

I hope that helps!

thingfishs

thanks scott :thumbsup:

So I DO have the latest version at least.

As for my other queries...

1: Is anyone aware of a BSC trail compliant stair lot? Otherwise I'm going to have to make one, I can't abide a flat university :)

2: Can I have separate textures for my BSC trails/parks and my footpaths... if so how?

3: Has there been BSC trail compliant diagonal paths made?

4: When placing the paths (BSC Trails) the trees that are appearing (I assume via a prop family) are maxis trees. Can I make it so I can choose what will appear? (or is there already an alternate setup/family to download somewhere?)

BarbyW

Quote1: Is anyone aware of a BSC trail compliant stair lot? Otherwise I'm going to have to make one, I can't abide a flat university
Not for the main parks set. You might have a look at the raised parks too if you want height.

Quote2: Can I have separate textures for my BSC trails/parks and my footpaths... if so how?
The BSC parks/paths have alternate textures depending on which one you install. You need the BSC Parks Texture Set to see the options.

Quote3: Has there been BSC trail compliant diagonal paths made?

There are some parks with diagonals but they do not join correctly as paths as you would need four sections to each diagonal piece.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

thingfishs

thanks Barby,
I'm already using the texture set for my paths, but it makes all my regular sidewalks into the same texture... What I was asking was whether I can have a separate texture for each?

Cancel that.. In taking a closer look at my plugin folder I see I've also got a 'unified sidewalk texture & BSC Parks texture' mod installed. Well cross that one off the list too.  ;)

As for the trees?

BarbyW

The trees are Maxis family props and you cannot choose which will appear without remaking the lots.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

ScottFTL

Quote from: thingfishs on March 23, 2010, 07:00:20 AM
As for the trees?

You could use the SFBT Tree Replacement Mod to swap the Maxis trees for CP trees, but this mod does effect all lots and street-side flora.

Andreas

Using my tree replacement mod is probably the easiest way, as it covers all Maxis trees (except the apple and orange trees on the farm lots, since I wasn't able to find suitable replacement models), which includes prop families and even the God Mode flora. The only thing that is not covered is the street trees from my street tree mod, but that one contains tree family DATs for Cycledogg's trees as well. The mod works "on the fly", as it keeps the original prop exemplar IDs, but points them to different tree models. I tried to select trees that have a similar size than the Maxis ones, so you shouldn't encounter too many glitches.
Andreas

thingfishs

excellent news, I will have a play with that, thanks guys :thumbsup:

Regarding the diagonals, I tried with pieces of jeronij's diagonal paths and the pieces line up, they just don't share the adjustable texture thing. What am I not getting here?, they seem like they would work fine. Unless I haven't yet come across diagonals that are BSC compatible , I am going to make some (at least for my personal use, as well as some stairs)