• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Prop Family Index

Started by BarbyW, September 26, 2007, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Here you go...

Praiodan Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85F600 --> 0x5F85F6FF

Find a complete ID listing attached (zip file) for reference.

praiodan

khimera

Hi mgb204,
Could I get a prop family range please?

Thank you!

mgb204

Looking at your previous post in this thread, can I ask what you plan to use the Prop Family for? Families are a very specific thing which required dedicated IDs. Regular props and models do not need dedicated IDs and should not be confused with Families. If this is what you are making, you should use a random ID, which the Reader is happy to generate. The odds of such a random number conflicting with existing content are lower than winning the lottery.

Kitsune

Can I get a range for something personal I'm working on ?
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

Kinsune Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85F700 --> 0x5F85F7FF

thingfishs

Hi, it looks like I'm going to need to create a new prop family (from the models in an SHK pack), to complete my current project. Unless I'm misunderstanding (it wouldn't be the first nor the thousandth time), I will need to get a range - cheers.

mgb204

What exactly is it you want to do with those models?

thingfishs

I am wanting to make a prop from this SHK pack: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27563-shk-parking-pack/
that performs 2 things differently from the 4x CarCluster prop family I am currently using from the above pack:

1: I want it to perform like the Maxis prop family I was using previously (this time a 5x car prop family) in that there could be anywhere from 1-5 cars on the lot whereas with the SHK one there is only ever a full lot (4 cars).

2: I don't want there to be luxury cars like BMW's on the lots as I am creating a low wealth pack and they just don't look right.

This has mostly been discussed here: http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/34247-thingfishs-bats/?page=3

Cheers

mgb204

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Looking at things, I think you probably will need one, but there are various ways to go about what you need. I'll reply over on ST regarding that.

thingfishs Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85F800 --> 0x5F85F8FF

thingfishs

Thanks mgb :thumbsup:

I hesitantly began my first foray into prop family construction and barely ten minutes later had a fully functioning family with all 20 of my low wealth shops. Sometimes when people say things are simple they actually are... ;)

Thanks for your help.

Krasner

Hello there,

I need two family ranges for three props each.

Thanks !
ANARCHIST !!

mgb204

Hi Krasner,

A little look back through this thread and you'll see that we don't give out individual IDs, the reason being that keeping track of them would be an administrative nightmare that way.

If you really just need to make two families and don't see yourself using families much, I'm happy to pass on a couple IDs from my range, just send me a PM if you want them. Otherwise, I'm happy to give you a full range of IDs for future use if you prefer, just reply here and I'll allocate a range to you.

Krasner

@mgb204 Does it mean that I can make several families with a single range ? I should try to inform more carefully before attempting new modding tips  :'( I'd rather have a range then, thank you !
ANARCHIST !!

mgb204

Basically each family needs a single ID, each item that uses that same family only need to reference the one ID though. You only need a new ID for each unique family.

Krasner Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85F900 --> 0x5F85F9FF

carlosan5300

Hello.
Can I get a prop family range please? Thanks in advance.

mgb204

AngryMozart's Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85FA00 --> 0x5F85FAFF

evarburg

I would like to get an ID range to make my own Prop Families. I am told to ask here.

So how do we go about this ? Like : "please, please, pretty please ?" :)

mgb204

Tariely's Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85FB00 --> 0x5F85FBFF

evarburg

Thank you ! (May I ask why it has already been downloaded twice ?)