• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Size

Started by lolo69ol01, January 05, 2019, 02:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolo69ol01

Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to make my fist bat but I have a problem with the size of the sqare in the Lot Editor.
Someone can help me please.
My problem :

i don't know why I have this problem because when I generate the bat in Gmax the sqare is just around the building...

mgb204

It looks as if the Occupant Size/Bounding Box are correct. However, it would appear that your model is not centred.

Before exporting from SC4BAT, select the entire model and group everything (Group / Group from file menu). Then select the Select and Move tool and centre the entire model on both the X and Y Axis. A neat trick for this is to right click the up/down arrows to the right of where you can manually enter the coordinates.

You can now ungroup the model if you so desire. Upon exporting the LODs will be re-created and your model should now be correctly centred.

lolo69ol01

OK thanks but what I need to do when I have this in Gmax : Center the bat or the axis. I'm not sure i have understand all

art128

Firstly, your BAT is partly underground. I don't know if it's on purpose but if it isn't you will have to make sure the ground is on the 0 line (the bold black line) on the Z axis.
Next so your BAT is centered in the game, you will have to make sure that, when selecting the group, the center of the BAT (indicated by where the Y and X arrows cross on the Top view) is located where the two bold black lines cross as well. They indicate where the 0 is on the axis.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mgb204

Having selected the grouped model, right mouse click the two parts with red circles here:

Art128 is correct too about the height, the lowest part of your model should be at least 0 on the z-axis (height). You'll need to move your model manually to account for this. It's harder to do with height, because 0 is always the centre. For example, if your model was 12m high in total, the centre would be 6m. So you need to either know exactly how tall your model is and enter half that amount in the Z box, or otherwise mover the model until it is above ground.

lolo69ol01

Thanks a lot after some test all is ok.
Thank you  :)