• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The SFBT Advent Calendar

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2009, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

It has become a nice tradition at SimCityPlaza to offer an advent calender in December in order to shorten the time until Christmas. :) The SFBT members have been working diligently on new BATs, lots and mods, so each day, you will be able to open another "door" of our virtual advent calendar, filled with a small treat. I will upload these shiny new items to the LEX as well, so you don't have to figure out any strange German site. ;)

December 1st is just starting here in Germany, and item number one has been uploaded to the LEX:

SFBT Red Tower by Temroc

The Red Tower (Roter Turm) is one of the landmarks of Chemnitz, Germany, and the oldest building that still exists in the city. It was erected during the end of the 12th century. The name is derived from the red sandstone that is dominating the tower. Until the year 1900, the tower and its annex building was used as the city jail, which is also the reason that it wasn't destroyed during the early 19th century.

The classic 500 ml bottle of the East-German dish detergent fit has been designed after the shape of the tower in 1968, since the manufacturer VEB Fettchemie Karl-Marx-Stadt produced this product in Chemnitz until 1967. The Red Tower is older than Dresden and Berlin, and also older than Chemnitz itself. In 2007, it was selected as one of the figures for the German edition of the game Monopoly. This download contains two slightly different lots, one with flower boxes, and one with seasonal trees and shrubs.

Andreas

Girafe

Ahh Ah Andreas verkleidt sich als Weihnachtsmann

I like this idea and the tower is so nice   :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Andreas

Im Moment wohl eher noch als Nikolaus. ;)

I hope you liked the first goodie, here comes number two:

SFBT Pond Plaza Set by T Wrecks

This little set was created to make proper use of the wonderful pond props that SimGoober has created - they haven't been used on lots very often so far. The set consists of three lots which were designed after the Maxis parks and plazas: The lot sizes are 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 respectively, and they have a positive influence on residential and commercial development. The icons are neatly grouped together in the park menu.

The properties of the lots in this set place them somewhere in between the Maxis flower gardens and plazas, since they are paved, but also feature more greenery than the Maxis plazas. The water consumption is a little higher due to the ponds and fountains, though. All trees and flowers are based on prop families, so no two lots look alike. There are sims walking across the plazas, making them more alive as well. The lots are not slope-conforming, though, as the water would leak from the ponds. ;o) You can place them on slopes, but they will level themselves.

Apart from using the lots individually, you can also combine them with the NAM pedestrian malls or other plaza lots to a more complex arrangement. The 3x3 plaza has a diagonal symmetry axis and works well next to corners, or in diagonal layouts. The download contains three different sets of lots, one basic set with Maxis trees, a deluxe version that makes use of the tree prop families from the SFBT Street Tree Mod (please make sure to install the additional dependencies, if applicable), and a version that features the chestnut trees by SimFox.

Andreas

Tarkus

Alright . . . new SFBT stuff!  &dance  Both number 1 and 2 are spitzenqualität, and I've just picked up both of them.  Thanks to you, Andreas, and all the other SFBT members for all your hard work! :thumbsup:

-Alex

metasmurf

Can't say no to German Christmas treats, now can we ? :)

tamorr

That is an interesting tradition, I like it... Both are very lovely... I especially like the first one.... :thumbsup:
  Awaiting to see more. And thanks to you and the whole team for this great surprise & treat. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Sciurus

Ich mag sehr die alte Turm, die sehr sehr schon ist! Es wäre gut in meine Stadt!
Die Idee von SFBT Gescheken zu machen während des Advents. Ich finde es freundlich! Wir machten die selbe während des Deutsch Unterrischts in der Schule! $%Grinno$%

I really like the old tower, which is very beautiful! It'll be good in my city!
The idea from the SFBT to do present during the advent. I find it nice! We did the same thing in german at school! $%Grinno$%

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Jonathan

I have just been wanting a plaza that would fit in with pedmalls and still have greenery. This is perfect :thumbsup: !!!

Thank you SFBT!

And you reminded me I can the next chocolate in my "real" calender, and my 2000th post :)

Jonathan

Andreas

Mhh, chocolate!

Thanks for all the compliments, I'll pass them to the other team members. :) Meanwhile, here's door number three:

SFBT Rue Bourdon 1 by N1_2888 and voltaic

A fictional Parisian residential building from the Haussmann era, whose origin is based on the spleen of the creators, using BATs with commercial services or offices in the lower floors only for commercial zones. Buildings with shops or offices that are designated as residentials in this style were rare to find so far, so this download is supposed to relieve this shortage, providing more cozy living space in ground floors as well.

As for the name, let me tell you that during the development phase of this building, the color pink and a certain female moderator in the German SimForum (which is showing a certain affinity to this color) has played a somewhat important role. The name that was chosen is reflected on the right wall, which is showing a mural with an advertisement for a very popular animation movie in the Sim world where bumblebees ("bourdons" in French) play an leading role.

The lots in this download only grow in the Euro tileset, stage 6 and above, on a 1x2 tile lot in medium density residential zones. They have room for 145 medium-wealth sims. For using this lot at T-RAM roads, there's an optional extra lot that lacks the overhanging props on the front side. More information can be found in the table below.

Andreas

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent idea once again your advent calendar. Thanks so much to you and all the people who contribute to the succes of this tradfition  :thumbsup:

Girafe

A little Jewel this haussman BAT  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

Very nice Haussman BAT :thumbsup:
But just one notification, it's not Rue Bourdon but Boulevard Bourdon, next to the Canal St-Martin ;)

L'atelier d'architecture

N1_2888

As the building is fictional, the street is fictional, too. ;)

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Sciurus

Ah yeah, I didn't see that $%Grinno$% I'm sorry ;)

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture

Earth quake

Andreas

Door number four - not as fancy, but nevertheless useful. :)

SFBT Warehouse by Tolsome and Sam Johnson

You can find them in basically every industrial area: warehouses of all sizes and shapes, often not very pretty, but always functional, and during delivery hours always very busy. This download contains two slightly different 4x3 lots, which offer 119 I-M jobs each. The model was done by Tolsome, and Sam Johnson picked it up later for texturing, nightlighting and the lot design.

Andreas

Girafe

You are on time Andreas   ;D

very good job about this warehouse  :thumbsup:

(we will have 24 Bats ?)
The Floraler

Sciurus

Very nice warehouse! &apls
Girafe > I think because it's during all the advent ;)

L'atelier d'architecture

Earth quake

Battlecat

Great releases already!  Looking forward to the next one!