• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Upcoming BATs and lots

Started by Andreas, April 26, 2007, 03:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Good thinking! I'm not that good with textures though, but maybe somebody could give me a hand? I'm also thinking that I could add bus stop properties to the lot, since it's intended as a space-saver. Oh, and I should mention that you have to be careful with adjacent zones. As with every TE lot, it will block road access from the zones over a span of three tiles, so some carefull zoning is advised.
Andreas

Adept2Rock

Great job!!You are the boss!!When the catenary are on the LEX??? ()what()
Thanks!!! An dgood luck for you creations!! ;)
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Andreas

Very soon! As a matter of fact, the lots are ready, and I just need to do some final cleanup and package the files. :)
Andreas

Adept2Rock

Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Andreas

I think it's time for an update to show the current development within the SFBT. :) I've been working on the historic tram station, and consider it nearly finished now:

The lot is a bit smaller (2x2) now; I've added some props and a zebra crossing texture (courtesy of cogeo). The station now features an integrated bus stop as well.

Kenworth is working on several German suburban and rural railway stations:

royal is another railway fan within the SFBT, and he's also working on some rail stuff, such as an old switching stand and a large railway station:

Downloader just picked up the BAT again after losing some models due to computer problems (I hope he makes lots of backups now...):

Andreas

Zaphod

that one with the elevators to a raised street would work great as GLR and placed in the median of a freeway like is done on US systems a lot

War Kittens !?

thundercrack83

Looking good, everyone! I'm eager to see more progress!

Emperor Stormont

I love the Avenue/Glr station, looks fantastic,  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

jayo

I like that spar  ;D Great work ;)
I'm back

rooker1

I too agree with Zaphod, that the one with elavators would make for a perfect GLR station.  Please..... ;)

Everyone, great work.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

cammo2003

Quote from: Andreas on July 22, 2007, 09:16:17 AM
I think it's time for an update to show the current development within the SFBT. :) I've been working on the historic tram station, and consider it nearly finished now:

The lot is a bit smaller (2x2) now; I've added some props and a zebra crossing texture (courtesy of cogeo). The station now features an integrated bus stop as well.

Kenworth is working on several German suburban and rural railway stations:

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!

I have been needing something like that for SOOOOO long! This kind of thing, having the entrances from an overbridge, is quite common here in Sydney, and is a concept I like. An additional version with side entrances as well as overpass entrances might be a good idea also.

Another consideration might be electrified versions of the lots, but I won't pressure you guys with that. I'm used to tinkering around in the LE anyhow.

Also, the links on royal's large through station are bad. And a suggestion for the tram lot: move the bus sign props so they aren't down the middle of the pedestrian crossing. I also might suggest a slightly narrower crosswalk texture if possible. If not, that's fine.

Just suggestions. They're not formal requests.  :)

BTW, I realise you don't make the BATs Andreas, just making suggestions that may be helpful to those among your team... I'll be using most (if not all!) of those stations regardless anyhow.  :D

ScottFTL

Andreas, is there any chance you could upload the MML for the SFBT Park Sets here?  I read on another site that you have created one, but I can't find the file to download anywhere.  I absolutely love these parks, so the MML would be a big help for me - and for many others here, I'm sure.

bat

All is looking very nice! Looking forward to the realizing!

Andreas

@all: Thanks for the compliments, I will forward them to the other SFBT members! :)

GLR versions of the new stations are certainly feasible, and I agree that the station with the elevator could be very useful for GLR as well. There's also a station without elevators that has the same design, so you can combine both along your railway (or GLR) line.

As I said, the zebra crossing texture for the GLR-in-Avenue station has been created by cogeo. I could modify it so it's a bit smaller, but for the time being, I'm using what I have. I'm still experimenting with the best position of the bus stop signs as well. ;)

The MML mods for the SFBT parks are included in the uploads that are available at the SC4D LEX. I'm planning to release the full MML package at the LEX as well, but I'll have to check the links in the readme file first (and there are lots of them!). Some users are creating a bunch of new MML lots at PEG's site at the moment, so maybe I can compile a "Vol. 2" in another convenient installer soon.

EDIT: Sorry, I mixed up the SFBT Park sets with another upload at the German SimCityKurier, where I included the MML mods. You can get the MML mods for the parks if you download the German version of the MML set (http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=471) - just run the installer and select only the SFBT Park Set MML mods. Those are bilingual and should show up in English in your game.

The links for the screenshots of the large railway station should be fixed as well. royal uploaded them as BMP unfortunately, because he wanted to show every detail without losing quality due to the JPG compression.
Andreas

cammo2003

Quote from: Andreas on July 25, 2007, 08:05:28 PM
@all: Thanks for the compliments, I will forward them to the other SFBT members! :)

The links for the screenshots of the large railway station should be fixed as well. royal uploaded them as BMP unfortunately, because he wanted to show every detail without losing quality due to the JPG compression.

Thanks for doing that... It's not hard to see why.... I mean, those wall textures are *amazing*! As are the roof tiles... Though the concrete part of the roof doesn't quite convince me. I think all the concrete textures really need is a bit of a desaturation.

Andreas

Actually, I think it's not supposed to be concrete (highly unusual for a German building), but roofing fabric (bituminous felt) - and I agree that it needs some tweaking, like it was done for the switching stand (signal box).
Andreas

BigSlark

Andreas,

I've always liked and used SFBT products, but the new release of your group's work in English and German at the same time is amazing.

I can't wait for new stations to play with and I really, really like Kenworth's bridge station. And I agree that there should be a GLR version of that station, as it would allow for easier grade-separated GLR lines, making it more like an above-ground subway than a tram.

Cheers,
Kevin

Pytkowski

You create many things to make cities more realistic . And i thing it is a good thing ;p
Well done ;)

toxicpiano

Are your prefabe Highrises CAMpatible?
Edit:
Just looked and some of them are stage 8, are there anyplans in the future to make them compatible with CAM? That would be awesome!
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Andreas

@all: Thanks for the nice compliments! :) At the moment, I'm really busy with various stuff, so there are no SFBT releases at the SC4D LEX at the moment, but needless to say, the SFBT members are still working on new stuff. Once I have some more time, I'll try to update this thread with new screenshots and information. Regarding the CAM: I didn't had a chance to inspect this mod in detail so far, but it should be possible to update the pre-fab lots, so they fit better into the CAM.

However, the whole pre-fab and large lot series is consistent in itself, so you can use any of the pre-fab, 50's residentials and allotment/bungalow lots together to get a nice, consistent growth of lots. Since many of them have a unique lot size (4x5, 5x4, 5x5), it should be rather easy to control them while using the Euro tileset.
Andreas