• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebina

Many thanks to Chrisim for giving a hint about how to do this. As I said in my showcase I expanded Replaceable Sidewalk System to elevated rail dual networking pieces.

The first picture is what you will get by default.

By installing a small optional file that contains only one set of textures.

You can give different sidewalk for ElRailxRoads, ElRailxStreets and U-RailxRoads if you want.

I'll ask members to test this when I finished models for all zoom levels and previews.

buddybud

wow...great idea. i never would have though of doing that.  :P

bud

edit...looks good by the way and let me know if you want to try to make these into wealth responding sidewalks...I'll share that with you if you want. You know where to find me....hehe

z

This looks like it would fit really well into RTMT.  I'll look forward to trying it out when you have it finished.

GoaSkin

So... the final and last version of the NAM tool for the January NAM has been released for Windows:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1914

The Mac version is online since last week.

The TODO list for the next version (already discussed with some users):

- making the tool compatible to the latest NAM bugfixes, enhancements and side-projects released after the Jan NAM
- creating a configuration template to load by analizing the NAM folder contents at the first start

and for near future but not the next version:

- individualization of the tunnel and slope MOD

download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

Leeway

Hi all, first time posting on this forum (And site). I am a big fan of the work that the NAM team is doing, keep up the good work.
I have had a look in this thread and I haven't seen any posts on this suggestion, if there is I apologize.

I would like to suggest a new type of roundabout design where the size is 3x4 to connect a avenue on two sides and roads on the other two side (as seen below).

thanks.
Leeway.

andreharv

OK people.  Here is the rough draft of my ground highway Y interchange.  I still have to make the paths and tweak skins and preview file  :-[ this is what I have so far.

Alfred.Jones

That is amazing! And very useful!
Great work Andreharv :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

z

Very realistic looking!  :thumbsup:

Dino007

Quote from: Leeway on March 01, 2009, 08:14:55 AM
Hi all, first time posting on this forum (And site). I am a big fan of the work that the NAM team is doing, keep up the good work.
I have had a look in this thread and I haven't seen any posts on this suggestion, if there is I apologize.

I would like to suggest a new type of roundabout design where the size is 3x4 to connect a avenue on two sides and roads on the other two side (as seen below).
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/Leeway2010/3x4roundabout.jpg

thanks.
Leeway.

Great idea!
And it should be turbo roundabout:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout#Turbo_roundabouts
TIGR

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Haljackey

Awesome  &apls Awesome  &apls Awesome  &apls andreharv!   Excellent work, looks awesome!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Quote from: Dino007 on March 03, 2009, 05:49:19 AM
Great idea!
And it should be turbo roundabout:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout#Turbo_roundabouts
You mean this design?

I've seen several of those roundabouts nearby my home, although some of them have a quite chaotic set-up(I haven no Google Maps picture of one of those, because it looks like the sattelite pictures aren't updated for at least 2 years  :P)

Still it is an good idea for the next NAM.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Leeway

You can expand the designs by adding flyovers. Traffic going straght can go over the flyover and the traffic turning off can go down the sliproad to the roundabout.

One I made in the game.

A flyover and underpass roundabout near were I work in Cardiff (Wales, UK).

Leeway.

Ryan B.

andreharv, that's great work.  You truly are the new 'interchange creation master' of SC4.

Heck . . . . you make 'em, I sign 'em.  How's that sound?  ;) :D  :thumbsup:

Could I suggest some stack interchange variants be made?  Being a Texan, I love me some stacks.

z

Quote from: Leeway on March 03, 2009, 11:51:20 AM
You can expand the designs by adding flyovers. Traffic going straght can go over the flyover and the traffic turning off can go down the sliproad to the roundabout.

One I made in the game.

That looks almost exactly like the Boston University Bridge - Memorial Drive intersection, even more than your Cardiff picture.

Leeway

QuoteThat looks almost exactly like the Boston University Bridge - Memorial Drive intersection, even more than your Cardiff picture.

I should have said that the top image is not based on the bottom image, the bottom image was just to show what a real world flyover looks like. The reason I picked that one is that I drive over it every day going to work, and it was the first one that came to mind.

Leeway.

Jonathan

2 NAMs ago I made it so if you drag Highway over Avenue Roundabout it will be a flyover, there's also a puzzle piece version in the Avenue Roundabouts TAB Ring.

Jonathan

Leeway

I'm aware of the highway over avenue (Good job on that by the way, I use them a lot in my city's). I'm talking about avenue over avenue flyovers. I use a lot of avenues to link parts of my city's together. It's cheaper than using highways, and it takes up less room to make the juctions becoase I use a lot of roundabouts.

Leeway.

dedgren

The Mother of All Turbo Interchanges, of course, is the I-90/I-94/I-290 "Mixing Bowl" just west of the Chicago Loop.

Yes, it does almost completely fit within one city block.  I'd hate to see the waiver of Interstate standards IDOT would have to get today from the feds if it still needed to be built.  My recollection- haven't been on it for years- is that the ramp speed is 15 mph/25 kph.  It was completed in the 1960s, so it will be hitting its 50 anniversary in the next couple of years.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Leeway

You think that's bad, take a look at spaghetti junction on the M6 near Birmingham. Driver's have got completly lose, including me.

Leeway.