• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassHelper

Of course ;), it would take 2 tiles to do the third track. But it would allow an increase in capacity by 1.5x for elevated rail (or for heavy rail  :D) and lower congestion on the tracks.
In addition, this 3-track (or four) mod would allow people to be able to build almost-realistic megalopolis.

:) Mass
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

andreharv

Hey, ya'll.  I am moving to MA today and because I will be pretty busy (looking for a job, applying to schools, etc), I am going to have to put the highway interchange project on hiatus until further notice.  Sorry for the short notice.

MassHelper

gardenwong

will it be possible to create the tunnel exit of EL-rail and GLR?
because the subway<->el-rail/glr can not go though when playing UDI and the inside game tunnel of el-rail ang glr are just a "black area".
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

MassHelper

Hey, wong...  :-[

A EL-Rail <-> subway is already available in Rush Hour, but a GLR <-> sub is not available (though heavy rail <-> subway transition is already available in ST http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=4174&v=1)

Also, it is not possible to do UDI for transitions because Equinox already wrote in his updated transition, saying that "you can't have one network's cars on another network".

:) Mass

redraider147

actually there is a GLR to subway transition...it looks exactly the same as the heavy rail to subway...and while they technically are the same type of network and pathing, they are completely different at the same time. thus the transition lots are not transitions as the el-rail to glr transition is...they are actually transit enabled lots that convert from subway to el-rail (as el and glr are the same.) that said, the difference in the way the game handles subway vs elrail, it is impossible to be able to udi subway...there is no way around it...as far as eyecandy making express tracks on subway and on elrail and glr, it would function somewhat similar to the original rhw4 overrides.

i believe (correct me if i'm wrong) one might note though that heavy rail under road works with udi...this is because they are puzzle pieces....again it still wouldn't be possible for subways again because of the way the game handles them.

Jonathan

Subways and ELR (Elevated Light Rail) are not the same
Subways and GLR are not the same
ELR and GLR are the same
Heavy Rail and GLR are not the same
Heavy Rail under Road and Subway are not the same.

All networks use different paths.

"Override Networks" (GLR, RHW, SAM, GHSR, HSR and NWM) are all extensions of the networks they use to draw.

UDI is not possible on Subways, and is only possible on GLR and ELR because of the NAM.

Transitions (Like ELR to Subway) are when the sims get off the ELR Train (Tram) and get on a subway train. No matter what the model looks like. The ELR train does not use the subway lines.

Hopfully that clears things up

Jonathan

Shadow Assassin

QuoteThe ELR train does not use the subway lines.

Actually, if I recall correctly, ELR and subway use the same models for their trains. But you can't UDI from ELR to sub on the other hand.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MassHelper

True about that  ;)... I tried driving an ELR train down the sub transition in UDI and it did not work  ()sad().

;) Mass

Jonathan

They might look the same, but they are different and run on seperate paths, which is why you can't UDI between them.

Jonathan

redraider147

but elrail and grl are essentially the same...glr is simply elrail dropped to ground level. true that they are different, but at the same time they are the same...kind of like how one way roads are essentially half of an avenue, yet they aren't half of an avenue...

nerdly_dood

Plus, GLR has more complex T21s for the intersection props - like the signs at road crossings and whatnot.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Shadow Assassin

Quotebut elrail and grl are essentially the same

They are the same. The only difference is one's elevated above ground and the other runs on the ground. You can UDI between both modes of transport since they're derived from the same network (El Rail)... actually, a more correct way of saying things is that they are the same network, the GLR is just a RUL override of the El Rail - they can co-exist with each other peacefully.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tropod

Quote from: Warrior on September 25, 2008, 01:12:08 PM
They might look the same, but they are different and run on seperate paths......

Yep, and the only way to get UDI to work on subway (for trains), is to add rail or Elrail paths to it. But, I tried this, and I don't see the point, since you can't actually see anything :/.

MassHelper

Have you guys ever thought about making triple track for elevated rail???

This would be an example:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=124&threadid=89836&highlight_key=y&keyword1=express%20track

;) Mass

andreharv

redraider147

i believe that project died out due to not being able to add true express service or capacity to the rails...i have talked with a couple of people about the feasibility and realism of possibly doing a side by side override for el-rail...the only question would be stations and stop points within. sims do like the express concept though...in my cities, i have been running a test where i place 2 stations adjoining, and then run one line express local (with stops) and one express (bypasses several local stops) and the sims seem to love the idea...the express line is heavily used as is the local line. it started when i had the local line becoming way over congested. i just built a parallel line and matched up a couple of stations and bypassed the rest. a texture override and a specially batted station and a batted overhang to match on the other side would give the appearance even if the true express lines are indeed impossible or at the very least impractical to achieve...

i'll edit this post later with some pictures if anyone wishes

MassHelper

Show us some pics..

TY
;) Mass

j-dub

Having a triple track on a single tile would be nice, even if the capacity is not to par, it would look real, and in reality no one usually knows what capacities are of transit networks in RL.

MassHelper