• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: sffc on February 27, 2008, 03:56:45 PM
I am creating alternate textures for the road roundabouts, with the only difference being that I remove the crosswalks, as they make the roundabouts look "boxy."  I have attained the IDs of four of the transit network entries.  However, there are several IDs which I cannot find.

I think it might be easier to find the IDs if you download the Euro Road Texture Mod, then you don't have to look in various files, but only in the "zzz1_NAM_Euro_Textures_Roundabouts.dat".
Andreas

Tarkus

Alternately, all of them are also located in the NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Roads_Plugin.dat file, which should be in your Network Addon Mod\Plugins folder. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

sffc

Thank you all for your quick responses, and thank you Pat for transferring the images!

Tarkus: I checked "NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Roads_Plugin.dat" to get the IDs for the four I have already completed.  That's why I'm confused of why I can't seem to find the textures that I have pictured (and that Pat has converted; they're on page 17 of this thread).

Andreas: Where do you get "zzz1_NAM_Euro_Textures_Roundabouts.dat"?  And also, would that file contain the IDs for the one-way road entering the roundabout knowing that the regular "NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Roads_Plugin.dat" does not?

Again, thank you for your responses.

Andreas

Quote from: sffc on February 27, 2008, 05:06:31 PM
Andreas: Where do you get "zzz1_NAM_Euro_Textures_Roundabouts.dat"?  And also, would that file contain the IDs for the one-way road entering the roundabout knowing that the regular "NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Roads_Plugin.dat" does not?

The file should be contained in this download: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=93 There are several roundabout plugins that come with the NAM, but for the ERTM, I put them into one DAT, so I thought it might be easier to look up the IDs in that file.
Andreas

Starmanw402007

Good Stuff Pat, Keep those updates coming. :)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Pat

LoL all I did Starman was convert the STpng Img to Jpg and uploaded those pics from SFFC to imageshack thats all I did, but thank you for the compliment Starman...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sffc

Andreas:  Thank you!  I found the IDs I needed! &apls I should be posting the completed textures in the form of a mod fairly soon.  Again, thanks for your advice!  :)

Pat

sffc I cant wait to see the completed version!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Starmanw402007

Pat, great work on the round abouts and rails. Those photos look awesome! Keep those updates coming! :) :thumbsup: .
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

sffc

<p>I have finished!  Find the Road Roundabout Texture Mod on the STEX.  If you would like me to post it on the LEX, just reply, and I can start my candidacy.  Here are some pictures (the picture server is being a little sluggish, so it might take a while for them to load):</p>
<p> </p>

andreharv

Working on a couple new interchange models.  Please let me know what you guys think.  Also, could someone tell me what the acceptable size for a jpeg is (hosted from imageshack).  I tried uploading these pictures on Simtropolis and they got deleted.  Anyway, your feedback would be highly appreciated.  Realism is the idea here.

First model to report is the lofthouse interchange.  While it doesn't add any functionality to the game, it is my first model and really was just a practice run to get me acquainted with 3dsmax.  However, I would like to eventually make it functional using that intersection guide from Redlotus.

The second model was a little easier to model simply because I knew more about what I was doing.  It needs no explanation as you all have been talking about it for ever.  For those who don't know, it is a trumpet interchange.  This one, unlike the lofthouse interchange that I produced, will add functionality to the game as it is a diagonalxorthagonal T (or I guess y) interchange.

Again, please let me know what you guys think.  Constructive criticism is welcomed.  I am done with the trumpet model and ready to cut it into cubes.  The lofthouse interchange needs some work.  Thanks.

RebaLynnTS

Those are both very interesting.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

jonoboo

I have something like that lofthouse interchange near me (from 4 lane to 2 lane though). heres a picture to help you, the slip roads do need to be longer :)
Meh!

Jonathan

A roundabout over sunken highway was somewhere on my to-do list after I made the roundabout under highway.

Awesome models andreharv, could really use them in the NAM, I think the last picture you showed has been requested since 2004/5

Crissa

It's awesome to see the interchange work again ^-^

-Crissa

carling

Quote from: andreharv on March 09, 2008, 06:24:34 PM
The second model was a little easier to model simply because I knew more about what I was doing.  It needs no explanation as you all have been talking about it for ever.  For those who don't know, it is a trumpet interchange.  This one, unlike the lofthouse interchange that I produced, will add functionality to the game as it is a diagonalxorthagonal T (or I guess y) interchange.

Again, please let me know what you guys think.  Constructive criticism is welcomed.  I am done with the trumpet model and ready to cut it into cubes.  The lofthouse interchange needs some work.  Thanks.

i would like to see this intechange in the mod as i have a city that needs this.

would it be possible to make one on a corner.

andreharv

What do you mean?  Like an orthagonal T intersection?

carling

Quote from: andreharv on March 12, 2008, 12:26:01 PM
What do you mean?  Like an orthagonal T intersection?

yes that is what i mean

edit added picture

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By <a target="_new" href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/graem007">graem007</a> at 2008-03-12

RebaLynnTS

I'd like to see a ground, and evelvated Y intersection. I'm even willing to do the model, if it would help.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Jonathan

I don't understand this orth T section (I know what orth means)?
If you mean a highway Y intersection like the avenue Y intersection in the NAM at the moment all it needs is some changes to the avenue Y intersection and it becomes a ground highway Y intersection.