• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Expanding a region...

Started by Orange Julius, March 28, 2009, 11:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Julius

This is...a long shot...but it is possible to expand regions when it is already made? I heard it was possible to have a limitless region (RAM permitting, of course) but I think it would be cool to expand regions. Possible? No? Maybe? :-\
Gone now...

wouanagaine

You can easily expand your region to the right and to the bottom, just resize your config.bmp, leaving the original pixels exactly as they are

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Orange Julius

But not to the top or left?  &mmm

Still though, that's a relief. Time for city super-sizing! (though I haven't touched SC4 in a year...)
Gone now...

wouanagaine

adding to the top or to the left can be done, but it is a bigger, boring and tedious job

create a new region folder
create your new config.bmp based on the original config.bmp with the new size you want
then incorporate all the cities of the original region in the newly created one in the correct place

Depending of the size of your original region this can be tedious

However with some luck, I might add something in SC4Savegame explorer to speed up the process a bit( no promise here )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4