• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Travis' UCC mod shop

Started by Travis, August 02, 2007, 11:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Riot

nope^

read the disclaimer though. We didn't do any modeling on this.

Travis, i'd love to continue doing these, although I need some time away from football if you know what I mean...
its like you love a girl for 10 years then when you finally go out she dumps you for another guy...

yes, thats what I describe last night as...

RebaLynnTS

Can we get a model of the superdome? Or did I miss it?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Travis

New stuff. ()stsfd()

This is a water tower/lighthouse thingy Alfred made yesterday. This version (below) is a functional water tower.

And a night view:

And just if you're curious, here's the original model:

Bonus: The custom icon I'm working on...

You guys can expect it out this saturday. ;)

Later.

:thumbsup:

FrankU

Hey, this looks beautiful. &apls

There is one problem though. The wheel won't work this way.
The waterwheel of a mill like this should be in a narrow canal where you have some kind of difference in height, because the wheel is driven by the water streaming under or over it (depending on which system you use).

Pat Riot

hmm....isn't the wall/half the wheel supposed to be underwater? is that possible?

Krio

PatRiot: then you should lower the wheel ;) Otherwise excellent job both of you.

Travis

Thanks guys. :) Actually though, I think the wheel is supposed to be just decoration, and no longer in use. ;)

Krio

Well, it could be decoration but even if it was used it should be lower :P

Travis

Let's just pretend the water level used to be higher. :D

Pat Riot

Rising sea levels formed a new river and much of the water from the pond emptied into the river :D

JoeST

looks nice.. pitty about that canal mis-align

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

xxdita

Isn't the wheel normally turned by the river water flowing through it?

Travis

QuoteIsn't the wheel normally turned by the river water flowing through it?
Yeah, but he modeled it a little too high up, so the water can't reach it. :P But its not that big a deal, I can just lie and say its decoration. ::)

Quotelooks nice.. pitty about that canal mis-align
Already fixed. :) Forgot to take pics though. You'll see eventually. ;)

QuoteRising sea levels formed a new river and much of the water from the pond emptied into the river
Yup, just blame it all on global warming. :D

Anyway...

Here's the landmark version, which is a 1x1 lot with the building overhanging, which allows for a lot of versatility.

And another example:

Oh, and one little thing, a small ad for something soon to come. More info on it later tonight or tomorrow. ;)

Pat Riot

you make that lighthouse? I love that first pic, you are a genius!

Travis

Already answered by PM, but thanks for commenting anyway. ;)

New project!

Barnegat Lighthouse, from (suprisingly :P) Barnegat Light, New Jersey. The third tallest lighthouse in the US. :)

A night view:

Happened to run across this excellent model on the STEX the other day, and, since the lot was 'basic' to say the least, I decided to give it a
makeover. Comments are welcome. ;D

Next up: Helsinki City Hall. ;)

Krio

Travis, don't do Helsinki City Hall. I'm sure you could LOT it greatly but RippleJet and I have already made it as reward building which becomes availeble after you have enough Krio bats in your city  :)

You could mod and lot something else from the prop pack ;)

Travis

Darn. $%Grinno$% Well, I now have a very neat-looking lot I can keep for personal use, since I already lotted it. ;)

Krio

Well, you can always lot it after the reward lot is close to release :P We need to make more releases and then its ready :P Of course the lot must be W2W lot ;D

Travis

QuoteWe need to make more releases and then its ready
Hmm, I can (and am supposed to :P) help with that. See below... ;)

Anyway, lots of new stuff to show here today:

First, in an update full of Krio buildings, we have the Mofo Nightclub:

Then there's this...

And lastly, some small shops:

And plopped seperately:

Next up: Modding all this stuff, which doesn't make for exciting pics, unless you enjoy looking at hexadecimal, like I do. ::)
However, the Elsbury Lighthouse (the one at the top of the page) and the Barnegat Lighthouse are already complete, and they'll soon be off for testing. :)

Later.

Krio

Awesome! I've been waiting the small shops for ages :P  ;D You have already modded MoFo? If not, write the name as MoFo because the song is written as that :) I've got a readme for it ready too or the "story" parts. I just love to see my work in the game..so beautiful that I cry  :'(

Thanks Travis  :thumbsup: