• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LEX DVD and Cleanitol

Started by shtyrayum, June 01, 2009, 05:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shtyrayum

Hi all!  I've received the DVD (Thanks!) and have installed all the dependencies and a great deal of the lots.  My question is, should I run the Cleanitol Mega Pack found on the Lex?  I know a lot of times when a Mega Prop Pack, etc is released, it comes with a Cleanitol file.  Since the DVD didn't, I wonder how I would get rid of duplicates.

z

Yes, I've been wondering this too.  It's obviously possible to do this with other tools, but is there something specifically available for SC4?  Such a tool would be extremely helpful for future disks.

catty

I use Cleanitol's if they are available, but otherwise I use Heatsoft Clone Cleaner Lite found here

http://www.clonecleaner.com/index.html

QuoteWindows utility that helps keep PC clean by locating duplicate files according to variety of user-specified parameters and remove files with same name, same size, same content on local computer

I always use it after adding more stuff to my plugins

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

z

An excellent choice, Cathy.  It's much more flexible than the duplicate file finder I had been using.  I'd certainly recommend it to anyone else in my position.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the tons of new things in my menus...  ::) ;D

Snitchie

Downloaded this program , and found 777 clones..  how I go about doing things now ?  I remove or what.. kinda confused   :P
Drive safe!

catty

Quote from: Snitchie on January 28, 2010, 12:27:56 PM
Downloaded this program , and found 777 clones..  how I go about doing things now ?  I remove or what.. kinda confused   :P

Look at the bottom of the HCC Pro screen, there is a button called "Smart MarK'  this takes you to the delete screen, if you have problems just click the help button as this program has excellent help and instructions on how to delete duplicate items

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Snitchie

Drive safe!

xxdita

Though a clone finder program is very helpful in managing your Plugins, it's still no substitute for Cleanitol, especially when looking for models that have been merged into a Mega Pack.

These single model files aren't exact clones, but are copied within the Mega/Prop Pack, so using a properly made Cleanitol will ensure that you remove all of the smaller files now contained within the Prop Pack.

This is really important for those of us that have been downloading SC4 files for a while, but less important for new folks, who are just getting started building their plugins with the Mega & Prop packs available, as opposed to downloading the hundreds of single files as we have over the years.

And Steve, to clean up your menus, there's always DAMN.