• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Dependencies

Started by mightygoose, July 31, 2007, 11:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamonddog_74

Does anyone know where this fabled "BSC Mega Props Cycledogg vol02" is?

A couple of the base CAM starter packs list this dependency. Even though they list it as an optional one, I just haven't been able to find it.

I understand that "BSC Mega Props Cycledogg vol01" is actually called "BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01," So I thought that maybe vol 2 is named similarly, but my searches have returned nothing.

Does it even exist?

jmyers2043

Hi diamonddog

I think the orignal files were at Simtropolis and it's probably an old readme that needs updating. I think the link may be referring to this file. Some links got messed up when the STEX was updated.

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/15796-bsc-cp-proppack-vol02/

My opinion is that you should go to the LEX. Do a power search for author/creator   c.p.    then download all the tree models from cycledogg and his prop pack. You'll proably have it all at that point as mega packs often contain the contents of smaller prop packs. The "mega" of cycledogg props vol 02 is probably a typing error because Cycledogg definatly does not have TWO MEGA packs.

Good Luck

- Jim 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

diamonddog_74

Quote from: jmyers2043 on December 04, 2011, 08:40:44 PM
Hi diamonddog

I think the orignal files were at Simtropolis and it's probably an old readme that needs updating. I think the link may be referring to this file. Some links got messed up when the STEX was updated.

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/15796-bsc-cp-proppack-vol02/

My opinion is that you should go to the LEX. Do a power search for author/creator   c.p.    then download all the tree models from cycledogg and his prop pack. You'll proably have it all at that point as mega packs often contain the contents of smaller prop packs. The "mega" of cycledogg props vol 02 is probably a typing error because Cycledogg definatly does not have TWO MEGA packs.

Good Luck

- Jim

I suspected that this may be a typo or something. I did do a power search in the LEX, and only came up with Mega Pack vol 01. BTW, the prop pack you linked to is actually part of Mega Pack vol 01. I have the rest of the tree packs for the terrain mods.

Since the CAM starter packs list this dependency as optional, I'm not going to worry about it. I have everything else.

catty

Quote from: diamonddog_74 on December 04, 2011, 09:26:40 PM
...I suspected that this may be a typo or something. I did do a power search in the LEX, and only came up with Mega Pack vol 01. ...

Always remember you can check the SC4D Dependencies List as well - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?page=4

which lists

BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 01
BSC CP Prop Pack Vol 02

and both of them go to the same file - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jmyers2043

Quote from: catty on December 05, 2011, 01:41:47 AM
Always remember you can check the SC4D Dependencies List as well

That is a good laugh. Why didn't I think of that.  ?=mad)= 

diamonddog_74

Quote from: catty on December 05, 2011, 01:41:47 AM

Quote from: diamonddog_74 on December 04, 2011, 09:26:40 PM
...I suspected that this may be a typo or something. I did do a power search in the LEX, and only came up with Mega Pack vol 01. ...

Always remember you can check the SC4D Dependencies List as well - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?page=4

which lists

BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 01
BSC CP Prop Pack Vol 02

and both of them go to the same file - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

:)

I always check the Dependency List first when I need to find a new one. When that fails, I do searches. However, the point is that since CAM hasn't been revised, no one has cleaned up the readme files to update the dependency links to their new locations (in STEX), and also get rid of non-existent dependencies.

I already know that "BSC CP Prop Pack Vol 02" is part of "BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 01," but if you look at the screenshot in my original post, a second CP Mega pack is listed. This is the one that is either MIA, or never existed to begin with.

Ryan11

I downloaded CAM from here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1008 and downloaded the starter pack files  at http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2039.0 . But it's not working. What else can I do? I only have NAM apart from that. Any help would be appreciated.

jmyers2043

Quote from: Ryan11 on July 20, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
... But it's not working. What else can I do? ....

What are you expecting to see? Are you seeing boxes? Is that the question? Is this the first city of a new region?

In the days of old, Maxis provided for 8 growth stages. Then came the BAT tool and those who learned to use it often created the next tallest building. Meaning that every thing grew all at once and all of a sudden at stage 8. The CAM adds more growth stages so one can, as an example, grow the Empire State Building at stage 14. You'll not likely see giant tall buildings all of a sudden in a new city of a new region.

There is little to no information other than 'it's not working' ... tell us about your city, region, population, education, and I may be able to give better tips or hints.

- Jim

Ryan11

Hi Jim. No I'm not getting the boxes at the moment. My city has 110,000 people and good education + healthcare. I was told that if CAM was installed correctly the RCI demand graph would have the ability to go upto 24,000 but after I downloaded CAM the RCI demand only has the usual ability of 6,000. That was mainly why I thought it was not working. I know it might take time before Stage 9,10 etc. buildings spring up but I though the RCI demand graph would change from 6,000 to 24,000. I was wondering if it was a dependencies problem?

jmyers2043

Quote from: Ryan11 on July 21, 2012, 09:34:47 AM
I was told that if CAM was installed correctly the RCI demand graph would have the ability to go upto 24,000 but after I downloaded CAM the RCI demand only has the usual ability of 6,000.

This is how mine looks ...

I would say that something is loading after the CAM. Try putting the CAM in a ZZZ_Folder as a test to see what your demand graph looks like. Alternately, you can probably also take everything out of your plugins except the CAM and start a new test city and observe your demand bars. You could reinstall the CAM too. These are the things I'd be doing under the same circumstances. Doing something that changes things around and hopefully I'd find a clue.

Quote from: Ryan11 on July 21, 2012, 09:34:47 AM
I was wondering if it was a dependencies problem?

Only in that you'll need buidlings and lots that will grow at higher stages. The CAM, as a mod that alters demands, capacities, and adds growth stages, is its own dependency. I hope that makes sense.   

- Jim

Ryan11

Hi again Jim, This is the state of my Plug-ins folder. I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong

jmyers2043

Quote from: Ryan11 on July 22, 2012, 08:50:29 AM
I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong

I am certain of it as well. I'm going to send you a PM ...

- Jim

<edit>

Ryan - there are a lot of files in your plugins that are doing you no good.

For the most part, the game uses LOT, DESC, and MODEL files. You may also find the occassional DAT file too.

Ones plugins can become cluttered with all sorts of files. The list may include some of the following - html, htm, jpeg, jpg, txt, sav, gif, thumbs.db, doc, rtf, zip, xml, iit, and exe are some examples of files that SimCity does not use but may be a part of a download. A read me is an example. It might be a doc file with some jpg images embedded. These should not go in your plugins. Establish a folder where you put things that you download. Use it as a working folder. Keep the plugins for only those things the game needs and uses.

- Jim

Ryan11

Thanks Jim. I sent you a PM just on some follow up queries.

pellaGrind

Hallo... i'm take some time to adjust some "dependency" issue on my pan galactic plugin folder...

I'm verifyng this dependencies to know if i'm right or not, but i dont' find the correct package of this:

- First National ON

(called by: CAM_CO$$$_1112_BSC)

catty

Quote from: pellaGrind on August 29, 2012, 04:10:58 AM
- First National ON

Its listed on post 5. Commercial Office §§§ CAMeLots in the CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats board

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2039.msg59861#msg59861

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

pellaGrind

Quote from: catty on August 29, 2012, 04:35:15 AM
- First National ON

Its listed on post 5. Commercial Office §§§ CAMeLots in the CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats board

-catty

ok thank you... (I could read by myself ;))

...but...
i'm searching this dep, is the SAME linked in the lot list...???
First National ON
called as DEP by CAM_CO$$$_1112_BSC ...! (reading the html attached)

in the attached HTML the dep was "First National ON" with a broken link to Simtropoli...
the dep. linked in the lot list was: "First National" with a link to "First National Tower 2" on Simtropoli...

these two are the same...???? (probaly yes...)

an the "ON"...???

vortext

Quote from: pellaGrind on August 29, 2012, 06:19:37 AM
i'm searching this dep, is the SAME linked in the lot list...???
First National ON
called as DEP by CAM_CO$$$_1112_BSC ...! (reading the html attached)

in the attached HTML the dep was "First National ON" with a broken link to Simtropoli...
the dep. linked in the lot list was: "First National" with a link to "First National Tower 2" on Simtropoli...
If I understand correctly, you're looking for the actual BAT? If so, here you go.

Quote from: pellaGrind on August 29, 2012, 06:19:37 AM
Quote from: catty on August 29, 2012, 04:35:15 AM
- First National ON

-catty

ok thank you... (I could read by myself ;))

Reading is good thing, clicking links the next best  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

MOREOPTIONS

I hope I am in the correct thread. I have one big question.  and I hope one of you will have an answer and the part needed.  ..  Here it go.   1st part is.. I will like to use in one part of my game,  ONLY CAM ICR's.  tho I wish to still have my NAM and other Utilities non affected.  is there a cleanitol txt that will remove any and or all the NON cam/ cam-patible items. out from my game.

if so, can some one send link or thread me to the correct place with that . thank you kindly..

jmyers2043

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on September 27, 2012, 05:50:59 AM
...  is there a cleanitol txt that will remove any and or all the NON cam/ cam-patible items. out from my game...

None that I know of. A list like that would have to be constantly updated. An alternate would be to use the XTool to make the plugins CAMpateble. That is what I did. I didn't do it all at one sitting. I did it one author at a time to break the chore into smaller managable tasks.

- Jim

wzc123