• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional Seaports - Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, June 13, 2008, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxim1110

As far as I know I don't, but as I'm not at home atm I can't check that now, so I'll do that later today. But doesn't the cleanitol file to remove conflicts check that issue?

BarbyW

It should do but you should read the pinned post at the top of this thread and make sure you do things in the order that Ripplejet suggests. He will not be available until next week.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

Quote from: BarbyW on June 20, 2009, 04:35:36 AM
He will not be available until next week.

Except this very moment, when I'm briefly passing by... ::)

Just to reiterate, below is an extract from the readme:

Before installing, you must do the  following:

• Bulldoze all seaports made by Pegasus in all your cities
    (read above, or PM the author for help with creating Enablers for these afterwards)
  • Run the Cleanitol file Cleanitol_SDP_2.0---1.GetDependencies.txt
  • Run the Cleanitol file Cleanitol_SDP_2.0---2.GetPegasusDependencies.txt
    (this is optional, and needed only if you want to create Enablers for Pegasus' ports)
  • Run the Cleanitol file Cleanitol_SDP_2.0---3.RemoveConflicts.txt

The first point is vital... if any non-compatible seaports are still in your cities when installing BSC Functional Seaports, you will most probably experience CTD's.

The last point is equally vital. If any non-compatible controller would be loaded after BSC Functional Seaports, you will also have CTD's.
To remove those non-compatible controllers, make sure none of the following files are left anywhere in your plugins folders:

• PEG_Master-Seaport-Controller*.dat
  • PEG_3x5_CSK2_Port-Small*.dat
  • zPEG_3x5_CSK2_Port-Small_205f.dat
  • PEG-CDK3_10x5_Container Port*.dat
  • PEG-CDK3-SP_Break-Bulk_SeaPort*.dat
  • PEG-CDK3-SP_Pier-Seaport*.dat
  • PEG-CDK_Seaport_1*.dat
  • z_SW77-Seaport*.dat
  • AC Functional Seaports, Version 0.0.dat
  • BSC Functional Seaports, Version 1.0.dat
  • BSC Functional Seaports, Version 1.1.dat

Maxim1110

Well thanks very much, I just got home and about to check if everything is right. But I initially installed the ports first and ran de cleanitol files afterwards. But when I saw I was supposed to install the ports after getting all dependencies I deleted all the files I could find of the ports and re-installed them, but it still didn't work. It might be the case that I have some of those incompatible files though, so I'll check that right away. Thanks for all the help anyway :)

westamastaflash

This is really odd. I'm not seeing any CAP relief from these custom seaports. Freight is driving to them, and then disappearing, but the I-D cap is still at 100%. I bulldozed them and then the freight started to immediately use my rail connection, and the cap was quickly relieved...

I have CAM installed (patched into Simcity_1.dat to try to eliminate the double jobs bug), could this be what could caused that?

RippleJet

It was discovered earlier this year that functional seaports actually do not provide any industrial CAP relief.
Read more about it in _alphaBeta_'s thread Industry Demand Cap.

BSC Functional Seaports 3.0 are in the pipeline, and will be released later this fall. ;)

Korot

That version will include cap relief for seaports, based on them just being there? Since I can't wait until this fall, any suggestions as to how high I should set the Cap relief/fright capacity? 20/capacity point, as that is how it should work, or another amount?

Regards,
Korot

RippleJet

In accordance with the property Demand: Industrial Cap Relief for Seaports in the Demand Simulator (TGI 0x6534284A, 0xE7E2C2DB, 0x4A1F3CE6) the Industrial CAP relief should be 20 per trip.

Based on that the industrial CAP relief will probably be 20 × Capacity, which of course will increase, the larger the seaport is.

Korot

Thus, the Default Maxis seaport should have a CAP relief of 13.000, as that is the CAP relief is should have, if it is fully used, however, non of my seaports are (Well, not after a resent rebuild of the seaport itself), and thus, I would provide a to high CAP relief, and so would the seaports of most players, when they have reached a certain stage.

Regards,
Korot

RippleJet

Quote from: Korot on August 09, 2009, 01:02:12 AM
I would provide a to high CAP relief, and so would the seaports of most players, when they have reached a certain stage.

Not necessarily, at least for I-M and I-HT 13,000 wouldn't be too much...
These are the industrial CAP relieves provided by in-game rewards:

Lighthouse
I-D
Lighthouse
I-M
Radio Station
I-M
Army Base
I-M
Airforce Base
I-M
Area 5.1
I-M
University
I-HT
Advanced Research Center
I-HT
Marina
I-HT
AC Team's Functional Spaceport   
I-HT

You would need 8 in-game seaports in order to provide the same CAP relief as the Army Base and the University.

The real cheat would of course be if you build the seaports only to provide CAP relief, but keep exporting your goods via roads and rail. That way you would get the CAP relief twice...

Korot

Building lighthouse on every available corner in the city is also cheating, or if you line up your cost with marina's.

Regards,
Korot

Edit: Just added property, just a note, I should only list the Demand Satisfied, right?

Korot

Bumb, asked question in Edit, but that one apparently doesn't show up as a new post and I do want an answer.

Regards,
Korot

RippleJet

Quote from: Korot on September 01, 2009, 11:53:23 AM
Bumb, asked question in Edit, but that one apparently doesn't show up as a new post and I do want an answer.

Oups, I'm sorry... I never saw that...
I never get an e-mail notification from edits either...

Quote from: Korot on August 16, 2009, 06:24:21 AM
Edit: Just added property, just a note, I should only list the Demand Satisfied, right?

Yes, like this:
Demand Satisfied: 0x4A00, ... , 0x4B00, ... , 0x4C00, ...
Replace the ... with the CAP relief you want the seaport to give, e.g. 13,000.

nothelle

My various seaports don't seem to have query in them?   I installed the SDP v.2 and all of its dependencies and none of the seaports have brown box, so all the dependencies should be in place, Is there a dependencies that I'm missing here to enable the query?

Thanks

BarbyW

nothelle

mr.fusion

Hallo! Where can I find dependency lists for any particular seaport included in V3.0? Thanks.

BarbyW

All the dependecies are listed in the Readme and there is also a Cleanitol file in the zip to help you to find them all.

RippleJet

If you want the dependencies for one particular seaport, just tell us which one you want and we'll help you out. ;)

mr.fusion

@ripplejet: Thanks for your answer. But where can I see pics of all seaports and all stages, so that I can choose those seaports I desire? The problem: my old pc (Athlon XP...) and my cities would melt down with all those millions of dependencies mentioned in the readme, so I want just those seaports that use all the (most common) Props and Tex Packs I have already installed. And the few teaser pics of the seaport pack just look awful.
BTW: Thank you all for sharing and preparing all the good stuff!