• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Windowed Mode, No Intro and all the other such choices

Started by JoeST, January 27, 2008, 11:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I have three SC4 Icons, one for Big Dig stuff, one for the current HSRP, and one for developing HSR.
The arguements for the current HSRP icon are these:
-w -r800x600x32 -intro:off -UserDir:"C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\SC4\SimCity 4 HSR/"

For some reason I now get a different UI the RCI bar is lying on it's side below those green and red bars and the Mayor rating thing is next to that on side just above the news bar. It looks very different, Does anyone know why the UI has changed and if it can be changed back?
The reason I'm putting this here is it is the only thing I have changed since I got the different UI. &hlp

Pat

I think what happend is the window size might have gotten screwed a bit and changed....  I know I had that same issue when my window was running at 800x600 setting but I changed it back up to the second highest setting and it went back to normal

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

City Builder

Quote from: BigSlark on January 28, 2008, 09:22:12 AM
I've run SC4 at 1680x1080 using these commands. It looked great. Sadly, the 22" widescreen LCD was only on loan...

Cheers,
Kevin

I run it up at 1680x1050 and indeed it is nice looking AND the biggest benefit to me is that it gets rid of the blue stripes that occur on the region map when viewing at 1600x1200.  That and my screen looks to me to be a bit less blury at the monitors native resolution of 1680x1050

My link looks like: "D:\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -w  -CustomResolution:enabled -r1680x1050 -f -intro:off
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

CasperVg

Unfortunantly the -UserDir does not work on the LotEditor. That would meen you could have a seperate folder with the megapacks that you would like to use for your lots, without having to change the name of your plugin file. Unfortunantly, it doesn't work.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

@ Warrior: well i can spot one problem with it straight away,
Quote from: Warrior on February 22, 2008, 10:02:06 AM
-w -r800x600x32 -intro:off -UserDir:"C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\SC4\SimCity 4 HSR/"

that forward slash "/" is the wrong way round, it should be a back slash "\"

hope this solves it, be nice to see a screeny tho  :thumbsup:

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

Quote from: Warrior on February 22, 2008, 10:02:06 AM
I have three SC4 Icons, one for Big Dig stuff, one for the current HSRP, and one for developing HSR.
The arguements for the current HSRP icon are these:

For some reason I now get a different UI the RCI bar is lying on it's side below those green and red bars and the Mayor rating thing is next to that on side just above the news bar. It looks very different, Does anyone know why the UI has changed and if it can be changed back?
The reason I'm putting this here is it is the only thing I have changed since I got the different UI. &hlp
In 800x600 resolution the UI is not displayed the same as in higher resolution

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

kalijav

Hi,

Sorry for bumping this, but i bought Sim City 4 deluxe recently, and I want to play it in windowed mode.

I tried the commands you said but unfortunately, when I try launching the game i have this message "the process cannot be launch".

Someone have an idea ? All the commands are not working, maybe a windows  problem ?

Thanks

JoeST

so your adding them after the trailing " of the original shortcut:

...Apps\SimCity 4.exe"

to make it like this:

...Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -w -r800*600*32

for example?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

kalijav

Yes I tried that and even the -intro:off gives me the same error message ...

wouanagaine

please post a screenshot of the shortcut property tab

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

kalijav

Here it is !

It's not with the -w command as it gives me the same error message, I've tried several commands including this one.

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions

kalijav

Same :( tbh I don't know what could be the problem... I'm clueless here :/

wouanagaine

Mine is

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -intro:off -r800x600x32 -w

Maybe if you only have vanilla SC4, it does not work

New Horizons Productions

Diggis

Wou, the shortcut it for Delux.  And I think he stated it was Delux earlier too. ;)

wouanagaine

Then I'm wondering why his path is "Simcity" and not "simcity 4 Deluxe" ?

New Horizons Productions

City Builder

This is what my shortcut looks like:
"D:\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CustomResolution:enabled -r1680x1050x32 -w -intro:off
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

kalijav

Quote from: City Builder on June 16, 2008, 06:43:46 AM
This is what my shortcut looks like:
"D:\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CustomResolution:enabled -r1680x1050x32 -w -intro:off

I tried this one, and unfortunately no change, I'm wondering if it is not a windows problem as it is working fine for everyone else...

@wouanagaine: Simply because I installed it in a custom folder (I tried with standard one, and de installed and re installed like 3-4 times, and always the same result)

kalijav

News, I tried this on vista, and it's the same ! So probably not a computer issue.