• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hi ,

Quote from: Kitsune on October 11, 2018, 04:54:36 PM
Sounds like a lot of repetitive work ? If so, there is a nifty tool called Macro Express 3; it allows you to record global macros. I use it to do repetitive tasks when modding bridges... it saves a ton of time. It does cost 44 usd however.

Thank you for pointing me to that program ( the cost isn't an issue ) , I'll have a look at it when the time to extract massively props will come . :thumbsup:

During the 6 past weeks , I've devoted all my free time to that project  : while posting nothing , I've seen that many interesting things have been shown here , and that's good to know that , if there's less and less active custom content creators , those are particularly motivated and productive : Matt , Nick , G.Sachs , Stephen , Alex ... precious BATs , LOTs , Props , MODs .  :thumbsup: When the community was stronger , in November , SC4Devotion birthday used to be celebrated . Well , we aren't all gone with the wind yet  :P , so : Happy Birthday SC4Devotion !

1  -  Trucks . I've improved trucks patterns with realistic windshields and more details ( fuel tank , side lights )

Of course , the 230 trucks already shown have been updated  :bomb: ... and , if creation of more skins isn't my priority , I've added these 6 ones nonetheless ;

02 - Lahaye

03 - FL Express

04 - Transelegance

05 - Gagne

06 - Sudre

07 - Fabry

2  -  Vans : ... not a large choice of models ; Renault Traffic and Renault Master by mikeseith ( with antique 128x128 pixels FSHs ) , Mercedes Sprinter by airman15 and Ford E250 by Simfanatik ... Let's see what we can do with that :

08 - mikeseith's Renault Traffic

09 - mikeseith's Renault Master

10 - VIP Renault Traffics & Masters

13 - airman15's Mercedes Sprinter , 3 original generic liveries

14 - VIP Additional set with 49 new liveries

17 - Ford E250

18 - Simfanatik generic liveries &  additional liveries by pclark06 and Ceafus 88 , revamped :

20 - VIP Additional set with 36 new liveries

That vans update is less detailed than the trucks ones , too many pictures would be necessary and it would take too many times to prepare ...

3  -  Cars : well , have decided to revamp them all with my standard ; realistic windshields & glasses , european number plates and , in many case ,  have selected/changed colors .

23 - Jim's Car Automata Pack 1.1 , set A (10 colors)

24 - Set B (13 colors)

25 - Set C (9 colors)

26 - Set D  (16 colors)

27  - Set E (14 colors)

28 - Set H  (14 colors)

29 - airman15's Ford Fusion set , 5 colors

30 - airman15's 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air set , 7 colors

31 - airman15's Buick GNX , single color : black

32 - airman15's Nissan Skyline GT-R set , 5 colors

33 - airman15's Chevrolet Impala set , 4 colors

34 - airman15's Chevrolet Impala selected as Parisian Taxis , 3 colors ( MAXIS ones replacement )

35 - airman15's Ford Explorer set , 6 colors

36 - airman15's Chevrolet Suburban set , 6 colors

37 - airman15's Mayor's Suburban , 1 color  ( MAXIS mayor's vehicle replacement)

38 - airman15's Fiat 500c set , 6 colors

39 - airman15's Volvo V90 set , 7 colors

Planned : airman15's Ford Escape , Infiniti Q50 , Cadillac Escalade , Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk ,Subaru Legacy , Chevrolet S10's , Initial D AE86 Trueno , Chevrolet C7 corvette , Aston Martin Vanquish , American Muscle Cars , Pagani Huayras , Ferrri 458 Italia . airman15 is still active and releases regularly new automata , no doubt that I'll have to contact him at Simtropolis .

40 - Simfanatik's FBI Suburban (additional Police vehicle )

Planned : Simfantik's F250 Crew Cab , Ford Transit .

41 - Ceafus 88's Hummer set , 4 colors from white to black ( none of original flashy ones )

42 - Ceafus 88's Fire Chief Pick , Parisian livery  ( additional Fire vehicle )

43 - Elric888's VW Beetle set , 9 colors

Planned : Elric888's VW Kombi .

44 - apeek's News Van ( Maxis replacement) . Itélé is a french news channel belonging to Canal+ group .

45 - apeek's Emergency4 Ambulance , unit 1 ( Maxis replacement & additional )

46 - Unit 2

47 - Unit 3

48 - Unit 4

49 - Gwail's NYPD ESS police truck , converted in a french animals pound vehicle ( additional police vehicle)

50 - JIYIN's Honda Civic set ,  7 colors

51 - jwong's Laguna Sport Tourer , a single livery

52 - jwong's Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R , single livery

53 - Vintage Cars , don't remember nor able to find again the author ... maybe from Simcity China ? 3 models :

54 - 2nd model

55 - 3rd model

56 - mikeseith's Volvo S40 set , 6 colors

Planned , many vehicles coming from mikeseith's european replacement set ...

4 Busses ...

57 - Zaraza's Bus Agora S Paris ( RATP ) , available at Toutsimcities.com , ( MAXIS bus replacement )

58 ... revamped and then designed for 3 different lines (more to come .)

59 - roe99's Transjakarta Bus , redesigned as Ouibus , affiliate of french railways company SNCF .

And a few ingame pics ( clickable to 1200x1024) to see all these automata in action :

... despite all vehicles aren't yet revamped , it starts to look seriously like a decent automata world ( and decent urban traffic due to the MODing done alongside , I'll develop that point later ... for the time being my testing phase isn't finished .)

Thanks . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Barroco Hispano

Good Job!

I'm going to try to create some automatas   ::)
Barroco Hispano

fantozzi

You're ingenious. You even fixed the volvo logo.  &apls &apls

If I could do this online I would do a bow as a mark of respect

mattb325

This is just such a wonderful project!  :thumbsup: It really is a dream to see sims/buildings/flora/props and now finally automata all matching in scale  :bnn:

rivit

Cedric,

By way of clarification, are you rescaling the automata in Y (height) only or in all three dimensions by 130%?

Badsim

Hi Ron ,

At first , let me tell you that it is great to see I've got your attention here . :)

Y = depth , so I think you mean Z ...

All 3 dimensions around 130% *... Otherwise , how wheels would stay round ? :P

I take that occasion to give some precisions ;

* around 130% , because for each model I take the time to extract a first orthogonal prop to verify its sizes with LotEditor ( considering personally since a long time that , independently to what the game engine « consider » , a city tile isn't visually 16m large but 8 ... ) and then , I verify real dimensions on the Web , so : a Ford Fusion « classical »  is 4,01 m long while a Fiat500C is 3,54m , I took that example because they come from the same creator , airman15 , and his Fiat 500C is almost half less longer than his Ford Fusion  ... and since that example , I've noticed that each creator has used its own scale , there's no real scale consensus through the community because there's no real concertation , no more today than by the past (  ... if we except the BSC Team which tried to organize things  not so « just for fun » , who would have been/would be/will be  able to organize that ? ) . Facing that extensive project , I'm a poor lonsesome MODer ... but obstinate . Consequently and whatever the time it will take , all cars automata will be resized individually and , most of the time , re-positioned at 0 on the Z axis : airman15's automata are quasi systematically 0.4 above  and with their new sizes , it becomes visible at some points ,  notably where automata have a tendency to pile up ( where they're generated , on turning lanes etc. ) . That's just a detail but ... as you  know I'm addicted to details .

To finish that post , after a far-to-be-exhaustive list of precisions about what I'm doing , I'm aware that I need to bring that project to Simtropolis and ... well ... for obscure reasons I fear that moment : Devo is the only place where I feel relatively at ease . I need more humain warmth than generally needed and observed :  it's gonna be complicated so . Very complicated . ;)

Quote from: alejogc13 on November 24, 2018, 11:33:40 AM

I'm going to try to create some automatas   ::)

Wow , can't wait to see that , it shouldn't be too ... boring ! :D  $%Grinno$%  :thumbsup:

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

mattb325

Quote from: Badsim on November 25, 2018, 11:07:53 AM
...... I'm aware that I need to bring that project to Simtropolis and ... well ... for obscure reasons I fear that moment : Devo is the only place where I feel relatively at ease . I need more humain warmth than generally needed and observed :  it's gonna be complicated so . Very complicated . ;)

Hi Cedric,

For your benefit, I don't think that will be needed  :sunny:.

I gave up on that place sometime ago, and, while the download numbers and activity 'seem' to be higher on Simtrop (that's just my observation, I have no data one way or the other)  it isn't that much less over here; certainly not enough to justify the angst of dealing with some of the behaviors over there.

When the time comes, you could make a simple post on Simtrop to announce that the project is ready and point users to this thread....

To me, what you are doing, and on the cusp of releasing, will be one of the best things to re-invigorate this old game  :)

fantozzi

Mr. Cedric, you shouldn't worry. When you release this it will be like the brand new Celine Dion video. People will talk about everywhere, even in China. They will use the mod in clips in their YouTube channels and write in their city builders blogs - there will be links everywhere.

When I type "Girafe maples" into my search engine - I don't get one link - apart from a link "Behavioural inventory of the giraffe" that doesn't count here, I get many sites they mention girafe trees and give a link.

After some years there will be so many sites linking your work - it will be hard not to find it. It isn't that important where you release it. It will be hunted by players like Celine Dion is hunted by paparazzi.

But be aware how you name your mod. Once I made a set of parks and called it "Big Paeng Theory". Now, if you do a google search, it will always correct the title and do a search for "Big Bang Theory" instead. For the intelligent search engines my mod is only a spelling error.  &Thk/(

fantozzi

Sorry, me again, not with another dumb comment but this time with a question -

I play with german reskins of the civics - police, fire trucks, ambulance - they will look silly in combination with your mod, I guess? So local reskins have to be adapted to your work?

Badsim

... I'm still at it ( at it and at a few other trivial matters ,  as you can see ) , so do not worry ...

- Of course I know you don't .  :P

Happy new year everyone !  :party:

C.

manga rivotra

Your T21 make this avenue super sexy!  :)
Another very exciting project !  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Quote from: mattb325 on November 25, 2018, 02:20:35 PM
Quote from: Badsim on November 25, 2018, 11:07:53 AM
...... I'm aware that I need to bring that project to Simtropolis and ... well ... for obscure reasons I fear that moment : Devo is the only place where I feel relatively at ease . I need more humain warmth than generally needed and observed :  it's gonna be complicated so . Very complicated . ;)

Hi Cedric,

For your benefit, I don't think that will be needed  :sunny:.

I gave up on that place sometime ago, and, while the download numbers and activity 'seem' to be higher on Simtrop (that's just my observation, I have no data one way or the other)  it isn't that much less over here; certainly not enough to justify the angst of dealing with some of the behaviors over there.

When the time comes, you could make a simple post on Simtrop to announce that the project is ready and point users to this thread....

To me, what you are doing, and on the cusp of releasing, will be one of the best things to re-invigorate this old game  :)

Matt ; this isn't a question of visibility , but , and you're particularly aware about the issue considering this thread at Simtropolis : STEX Rules Clarification and Possible Revisons Discussion . I've changed models  sizes , examplars  moding and FSHs , there's absolutely nothing to left as a dependancy ( ... and even if it was the case , it would be so far 89 dependancies .)

So , airman15 being currently the only active automata creator , how would you proceed ?

Quote from: manga rivotra on January 15, 2019, 09:42:07 AM
Your T21 make this avenue super sexy!  :)
Another very exciting project !  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your comment , sir . Indeed that's a very basic T21 Modding ( 2 LOTs replacing the ones from 958517907's Tree-lined Avenue Mod ) but , once the automata project finished , to « play » with T21s  will be most probably my next project ...  ;)

I spent more time to duplicate and reduce C.P.'s flora and to find how to remove these damned Maxis Streetlamps at the intersections ...  $%Grinno$%

Cars set is finished , tens of models have been updated to that new standard , each one coming with several liveries , that means hundred of FSHs reworked ... for now I feel too lazy to show them individually like I did for trucks . Just 2 examples because they show that I've advanced to the next level : modify a model by removing triangles and points in the corresponding Index and Verticles tabs :

Airman15's NYC Ford Transit Taxi

So airman's NYC Ford Transit Taxi has became a « civil »  Ford Transit ...

Then  I made several liveries :

The same process for HK Minibus , now a parisian airport shuttle ...

I've started to revamp the last group of automata ; industrial trucks . All original models are from JIM's Truck Automata Pack 1.2 and JIM's Semi-trailer Automata Pack 1.0 , the first ones are « regular » trucks ( a single model ) , the second ones have separated  models for tractors and trailers , specific tractor(s) being able to be assigned to specific trailer(s) by moding their « Final group Id » & « OccupantGroups » properties ...

A lot more to come , I'll need most propably the 2 next months ( a lot of work on the Moding side too ... )

To finish that post , surely something unexpected ; the best automata ever made ( as far I've tested them ... ) are Simfanatik's Ford F250(s) :

Zoom level ... ? ? ? Well I don't know : I've entered Ctrl X « SizeOf  20»  ! That's the magic a true 3d model ... We would be able see a butterfly crushed on the windsceen . Humm ... have to test this eccentricity ecstatically pointless !  ;D

Thanks. :thumbsup:

C.

dedgren

Oh my, just the same old unbelievable incredible fantastic hyperrealistic stuff...

Never change, my friend.  Never change.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

art128

That Ford Truck is indeed quite well detailed. Regarding the trucks i believe it would be nice to change the tiny containers to some french/europeans brands instead of keeping JR Freight. I believe Franprix has some small containers like that.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Awesome work  :satisfied:

Quote from: Badsim on January 23, 2019, 04:53:16 AM

Matt ; this isn't a question of visibility , but , and you're particularly aware about the issue considering this thread at Simtropolis : STEX Rules Clarification and Possible Revisons Discussion . I've changed models  sizes , examplars  moding and FSHs , there's absolutely nothing to left as a dependancy ( ... and even if it was the case , it would be so far 89 dependancies .)

So , airman15 being currently the only active automata creator , how would you proceed ?

I wasn't aware that these were initially the models of others. It doesn't alter the fact that I think these are still amazing pieces.
But one thing I do know, is that there is always a way - even if it isn't immediately apparent or obvious - to do the right thing by everyone concerned and still get the outcome you want.  :satisfied:

deora

Oh wow, all those remodelled automatas look amazing. Looking at the chaotic mess my ingame automata pool is in right now i can´t wait for those gorgeous vehicles to be released.

evarburg

oh.... OH ! OOOOOOH Just became aware of this. Hyperventilating. WHEN does it come to our greedy little paws ?? Wherever it is, I'll warpspeed there.

(reading about your angst re Simtropolis I quite understand it, although I upload all my stuff on the STEX.https://community.simtropolis.com/profile/698707-tariely/content/?type=downloads_file  I originally come from Simpeg, alas now defunct, where a warm, welcoming attitude and polite conversation were the absolute rule. Not one flame in the six or seven years I was there ! After coming to Simtropolis, I found my take on it was partially wrong (and partially right). Funny thing is, I'm afraid to upload on the LEX because I fear (1) my stuff is too jejune and (2) uploading is too complicated, what with supported dependencies. I'm not exactly tech savvy, and always afraid I'm going to botch things up and have to beg for help and bother people (I hate to beg & bother...and look like a simpleton). I suppose I'll come to try it at some point. Took me only twelve years to dare and tackle SC4 various tools.... ::)

Une_ame

Hello Cedric, after my come back playing SC4 and here, in SC4D, I was happy to see that you keep on developing new stuffs.

So, you deserve a big "Bravo !"  &apls for your efforts changing the avenue look. And then a second one  &apls for your windscreen (and more) improvements. The addition of this little upgrades does make a BIG difference when looking at the pics !

Do I need to say what I think of your several RATP buses ?  ::)

I should had that I couldn't help but smile when I see that you change also jwong's Laguna windscreen: those cars has a special windshield that actually reflects UV lights and - as a result - can't have that black shinny look you create  $%Grinno$% but a bluish one that masks any clear reflection on it. I think Jwong was aware of this feature  :P.

Anyway, keep on yout great work !!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Badsim

Hi ,  :)

Happy to be back !  :P

That single postcard  ( normally clickable to 1600x900 ) shows exhaustively my current various works ;

1 - New textures for my Terrain Mod , having never been satisfied enough with it for an upload ... flowered and grassy textures looked good on the 2 closest zoom levels but then , they get a pointillist appearance  on farest ones ; I'm now working on a Terrain Mod with less flowered textures and grassy ones closer to Maxis'ones , which , all things considered , weren't so bad ... all others textures ( erosion and rocky ones ) will stay unchanged .

2 - Some resizing works ; CP trees sized down to be used as bocage bushes and shrubs - with new TGIs and corresponding MMPs .

3 - Some FSHs works ; for example , Girafe's haybales have now a green version ...

4 - After hundreds of cars , busses , services vehicles , delivery and industrial trucks automata , I'm currently resizing around 133% and revamping Jestarr's and JIM's freight train cars , with a mainly european  ( and more typically , french ) look .

Firsts ( so , more to come ... ) 188 new train freight cars ;

These last 3 ones were originally Modded as caboose by JIM ;

But , due to their new length , these end cars were skidding  on turns , I finally have been able to fix that issue  by Modding an invisible model as caboose ... unfortunately , there's no caboose nor end car Modding to fix the same issue for passenger train cars . :thumbsdown:

Quote from: dedgren on January 23, 2019, 08:46:32 AM

Never change, my friend.  Never change.

David

Things change , my friend . Things change.   :'(

... I registered two months ago to David's diary at caringbridge.org ( https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/davidedgren/journal ) and , if it's not done yet ,  would invite any of you to do the same . Regarding the gravity of his injuries and the slowness of his recovery , I doubt that we'll see him coming back to SC4 community ( hoping to be wrong thought ) .

Take care .

Cédric.

mattb325

Welcome back for your winter sojourn  :D

It's always great to see your new works. They are stunning  :thumbsup: