• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What Does Your Name Mean?

Started by thundercrack83, June 04, 2007, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogs29

Like burgsabre87, my name comes from my hockey team and number.
I play goal for a team called the Hogs, and my number is 29. Simple.
Well, I used to play. I just stopped playing recently.
T.J.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Pat

My LotR name lol

According to the Red Book of Westmarch,
In Middle-earth, Patrick !@*^$)(!)#((^$ was a
Handsome Rohirrim

Elven Name Possibilities for Patrick !@*^$)(!)#((^$
The root name suitable for feminine and masculine is:
Haerant
Another masculine version is:
Haerantion
More feminine versions are:
Haerantiel
Haerantien
Haerantwen

Hobbit lad name for Patrick !@*^$)(!)#((^$
Isengar Tussle from Haysend
Hobbit lass name for Patrick !@*^$)(!)#((^$
Camellia Tussle from Haysend

Dwarven Name for Patrick !@*^$)(!)#((^$
Pundin Tombvisor
This name is for both genders.

Orkish Name for Patrick !@*^$)(!)#((^$
Globbag the Squasher

Adûnaic name for Patrick !@*^$)(!)#((^$
Nûlumâi

Now far as my name here and every where else!  Do i really need to explain lol  $%Grinno$%
Well it started out as my email addy pat is my first name and well of course being at the time
when i first got my hotmail addy i was a junior FF for a department in IL. Junior being like boy
scouts but threw the fire dept instead and that was back in 96.  Why i did firefghtr the way
i did is cause i origanly had it pat_fire_fighter and i didnt like it. then in 98 i changed it and
shortend it to what it is now patfirefghtr taking out the underscores and some vowels.  To
this day im still a volunteer fire fighter but of course its now with Pine Lake Fire Department Linkie

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Fred_Ginger

Fred_Ginger = Fred and Ginger were my small dogs.  They were born in 1991 (on St Patty's Day) and were a terrier/Shih Tzu/Bichon Frise mix, Ginger passed away in spring of 2005 and Freddy, Sept of 2006.  I still miss the little devils so very much.  And the stories I could tell.... 
I chose their names when I signed up for the SC official site as Vicki was already taken and I needed a name I could remember easily (I'm getting up there in age and sometimes Senior moments makes me forget things!) :D
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Masochist

Heh heh...Masochist...well, if you don't know what a masochist is, you can click right here to find out.  I assure you, I'm not one $%Grinno$%!  It's just something I found out one day, thought it was a cool word, and decided to use it online to create an air of mystery.  I don't know why it stuck with me, but I don't even really think about it's meaning anymore...it's just a name for me, now (although I think some people still might actually find it offensive).

As for Jet Warrior (which is a much more common screen name for myself online, as well as most of my e-mail address), I got that because the Japanese Kanji for the word 'warrior' looks like the word 'jet' to me...it was the first thing I thought when I first saw it...so yeah, Jet Warrior:

Lord of the Rings style:

According to the Red Book of Westmarch,
In Middle-earth, George ***** was a
Confused Huorn

Elven Name Possibilities for George *****
The root name suitable for feminine and masculine is:
Ringhil
Another masculine version is:
Ringhilion
More feminine versions are:
Ringhiliel
Ringhilien
Ringhilwen

Hobbit lad name for George *****
Minto Baker from Deephallow
Hobbit lass name for George *****
Melilot Baker from Deephallow

Dwarven Name for George *****
Gróin Redplate

Orkish Name for George *****
Wazdúsh the Horrible

Adûnaic name for George *****
Khôrbolgdam

Heh heh...I love that Orkish name!  It's now my screen name on MySpace...

P. S. Please don't use my first name...if you do call me by a name, I'd much rather prefer you use Isaac (my middle name)
(Under Construction)

Shiftred

Shiftred is the color of my last motorcycle I had before I got the yellow one in my avatar.  It is also my XBL name.  On Simtropolis I am Bluepelican31.  This name came from a friend and I palying on some CB's in 7th grade (1994).  He said "Bluepelican to Red Rover... come in..."  into the microphone.  ::) 31 comes from what was first my 5th grade basketball jersey number and then one I had for various sports team in Junior high and High school.

Yoder7652

Well mine is very unoriginal...Yoder happens to be my last name and 7652 is the last four digits of a very old phone number (no longer in use...at least not by me!). So presto-chango you get Yoder7652, pretty pathetic, huh  &mmm :D

Filasimo

lol pretty ironic ur last name is yoder and almost nearly sounds like its derived from out furry lovely creature yoda! hehehehehe
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

Quote from: Filasimo on June 09, 2007, 07:35:33 PM
lol pretty ironic ur last name is yoder and almost nearly sounds like its derived from out furry lovely creature yoda! hehehehehe

That's probably the other way around. I knew a kid whose last name was Yoder and everyone called him Yoda.

Yoder7652

Quote from: thundercrack83 on June 09, 2007, 09:30:56 PM
That's probably the other way around. I knew a kid whose last name was Yoder and everyone called him Yoda.

To quote C3PO - I believe the Yoda nick ..... "was my lot in life" Yes, many have called me that, but not those that know me. Yoder is an amish name, I'm two generations removed from the order (thank God...me likes the electricity!). I still have some family that is amish though.

bat

"bat" is the animal which is looking like a mouse with wings (in german: "Fledermaus") ;)

FromTheAshes

As "from the ashes" is already english, I can only translate it to german: It means "aus der Asche". It doesn't have any meaning to me. It's just the name of one album the punkrock band "Pennywise" wrote. I don't really listn to punkrock anymore, I just want to keep that name.
Visit Vorsfelde.

ExiLe

Exile

hmm... well it is a name I have kept since I was 15 or so... just when I had moved to Germany, and I didn't have any friends. So I though at the time that Exile would be a fitting name...
I kept the name even though it didn't take me long to make friends down there. Though I guess it was kind of a though start for me, having to learn a new language and make new friends... and leaving my friends in Norway.

take care,
...coming soon

shoreman905

Mine has two meanings, the first, I played in a folk group in the 60s (although we still perform) in high school and it paid my way through college, we were of course The Shoremen. The second meaning involves my love of and devotion to Virginia's Eastern Shore (where folks are called Shoremen), I am technical director for the Palace Theatre in Cape Charles ( a 100 mile round trip from my home in Virginia Beach ( I know SimGoober lives here too)). The number is my street address since some yahoo already had Shoreman.

rickmastfan67

Well, mine came from being a NASCAR fan.  My favorite driver was Rick Mast, so that's how the "rickmastfan" part of my screen name came to be.  Plus, my last name is also Mast.  The "67" part came from being a lifelong Pittsburgh Penguins fan since they are my home team.  At the time I chose the 67, it was when the Pens still have Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr still on the team.  Mario's number was #66 and Jagr's was #68.  So, I chose the number in the middle, #67.

So, that's how I came up with my screenname. :)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Sól

my name is Icelandic for Sun. I think spanish is the same, although spanish and icelandic is very different.

tooheys

Well most east coast Aussies will know what Tooheys is. It isn't my dog, my nickname, a local icon. It is something more important, a brand of amber fluid produced by JT & JM Toohey. I've been known to drink a drop or two, which may account for some of my more irreverent posts and replies.

How did it become my site name, well there was an empty can sitting on my desk in front of me when I signed up. It was either that or Samsung, I think I made the right choice.

My true blue name of David, well that means "beloved". Seems hard to believe as there isn't too much lovin' coming my way.

Cheers all

Dave

flame1396

I came up with this a few years ago at age 11....  :D

I've always beena bit of a pyro and 1396 was and still is my lunch account PIN at school
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

BigSlark

Well, mine is rather self-explanitory. My last name is Slark, I am 6'3" (190.5 cm) and 285 pounds (127 kg, just to help out the rest of the world), which is where the "big" comes from.

Cheers,
Kevin

Shiftred

Quote from: flame1396 on June 15, 2007, 07:01:07 PM
...1396 was and still is my lunch account PIN at school

Just tell us where your  school is so we can get some lunch $%#Ninj2 ;)

ExiLe

Quote from: Sól on June 15, 2007, 04:08:05 AM
my name is Icelandic for Sun. I think spanish is the same, although spanish and icelandic is very different.

We say Sol in Norway too (so without the fancy ´ ). ;)

take care,
...coming soon