• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Podcast Reboot - With Your New Host - Durfsurn!

Started by Durfsurn, August 20, 2014, 12:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durfsurn

Hello everybody, I am pleased to announce a reboot of the SimCity 4 Devotion Community Podcast! (Needs a new name -- Watch this space) I will be the new host of the revamped podcast originally done by Pat. A new format will accompany me as the new host and I hope to do a podcast at the least bi-monthly, but hopefully every month to satisfy your hunger for more :P.

To get down to buisness. I can't do this alone and need some help from you! Interview-ees is one of the things you could be! I have already received a PM from Jmouse highlighting her desire to be a silent contributor with possibly writing some scripts to help me out.

Currently I was thinking of going with a 'segment' format. I have a few idea's already but feel free to request new ones too!
   - Notable Creative Content Showcase
   - Interviews with other members
   - Notable Mayor Diary Entries
   - New Modding News

I am also looking for someone to be a secondary host to myself. This would include doing a segment or two every month and helping me and Jmouse write out things. You will need a decent microphone among other skills such as clear speaking. PM or Post here if you are interested.

I would also like some feedback on expanding the podcast outside SC4D to Simtropolis and beyond. I not to sure about the relations between the two sites but I haven't heard of any discrepancies so let me know if this is something people want/we can do :).

I am aiming for a release for each podcast around the start of the month (e.g. Septembers broadcast could be posted between the 30.08 - 06.09 for instance).

More info to come.

-A side note to all admins -- can someone please lock all old threads, and *possibly* (but not necessary) put the old ones in a sub forum for the old podcast?

-Billy

Durfsurn

Ok so it has been a while since I first posted but I haven't forgotten about this. I have been mulling over some things and have a couple of things to talk about.

Firstly I think a cool little segment could be a review of the past month by Benedict in his Top 10 MD stuff - Ben if you would like to do this please let me know! Also if you do would you like to narrate it your self? Or I could either read something you give me or write something myself.

Secondly, I want people to volunteer to be interviewed!

Thirdly, some specific feedback on
Quote from: Durfsurn on August 20, 2014, 12:10:33 AM
I would also like some feedback on expanding the podcast outside SC4D to Simtropolis and beyond. I'm not to sure about the relations between the two sites but I haven't heard of any discrepancies so let me know if this is something people want/we can do :).
would be greatly appreciated :)

Fourthly, not only do I want interviewee's but maybe a co-anchor/host would be good if someone offered - my voice my be too annoying every month in and out :P.

Fifthly?... I am considering doing a Live Audio-Only stream some time soon to have some interactivity with everyone - would anyone be open to joining in on that? I was looking at this to give you some idea.

Sixthly I noticed someone special to the SC4D Podcast has resurfaced - Pat! You are more than welcome to come and help me with this if you so desire mate ;).

Anyway I think I went over the 'couple of things' I needed to talk about so....

Would love to hear any and all feedback,
-Billy

catty

It will be nice to see this come back, I tended to miss the last ones as a combination of different time zones and work commitments meant I was either asleep or at work when they happened   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

vester

Do you mind looking at the date of the posts before posting. Its 10 months since last post.