• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Development Thread (formerly known as "Custom Submenus")

Started by daeley, November 12, 2007, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: powerpill-pacman on February 24, 2013, 12:16:01 AM
I installed the Damn Menus yesterday and already deleted apps from my shortcut, but still nothing but the navigation keys when i open up the DAMN menu.
I'm running SC4 on Win7.

Have you installed any menus?  The DAMN from Daeley is only the function. You need to install the separate menus too. Some developers will release them separately or you could download the DAMN manager and create them yourself (It's really really easy)

powerpill-pacman

I downloaded the Manager, let it create the root structure and added some custom menus. Then i saved changes. I already tried reindexing the menus, changed the properties of the support folder and deleted apps from the start in path.

CasperVg

Quote from: powerpill-pacman on February 24, 2013, 03:05:54 AM
I downloaded the Manager, let it create the root structure and added some custom menus. Then i saved changes. I already tried reindexing the menus, changed the properties of the support folder and deleted apps from the start in path.

Do you use the Steam version of SC4 by any chance? For some reason the DAMN refuses to work on Steam installations. No idea why.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

powerpill-pacman

No, i'm using a "normal" cd version. The version number is: 1.1.640.0

Yild

Quote from: CasperVg on February 24, 2013, 03:19:59 AM

Do you use the Steam version of SC4 by any chance? For some reason the DAMN refuses to work on Steam installations. No idea why.

does it? my Steam SC4 Deluxe must be magical... :P
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

memo

Quote from: powerpill-pacman on February 24, 2013, 12:16:01 AM
I installed the Damn Menus yesterday and already deleted apps from my shortcut, but still nothing but the navigation keys when i open up the DAMN menu.
I'm running SC4 on Win7.

I had very similar trouble in getting started with DAMN. In my case, it was a Windows 7 security problem. The indexer-script did not have the right permissions, and thus, it would do nothing at all.

CasperVg

Quote from: Yild on February 24, 2013, 03:24:33 AM
Quote from: CasperVg on February 24, 2013, 03:19:59 AM

does it? my Steam SC4 Deluxe must be magical... :P

Teach me your ways, master, for I cannot seem to get it to work :P
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

powerpill-pacman

I'm running the Menu Manager as administrator, because i thought of something like that, too. But it doesn't work. Where can i find the indexer script you are talking about?

memo

For me it's in

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Support\DAMN-Indexer.cmd"

but I do not remember exactly, if the installer put it there. Also, I have used the default DAMN and SSP-Tool, but not the DAMN manager yet, so maybe it works differently.

powerpill-pacman

Ok , thanks, I'llcheck that. 
That didn't work either. Very strange

memo

Then, what does the indexing script say, when you run it?

memo

It should work fine then... – I could offer to give you a copy of my DAMN folder, if that helps to find the cause of your problem.

memo

It is in the attachment. You should get the menues, if you move it into your plugins (and remove your previous DAMN files). I indexed some of the Network Addon Mod items, so you should be able to select some of the puzzle pieces. Though, you don't need the NAM in order to get the menues.

Edit: By the way, I noticed that I did not delete "Apps" from the shortcut at all, but it works nevertheless.

powerpill-pacman

Thanks very much. At first it didn't work. I changed properties of the support folder and now it works.
Is it normal, that i can only choose one ploppable then have to close the damn menu in order to choose another one?

memo

Eh... sorry, I don't know that.
Please, describe the actual solution to your problem, which may help other users as well.

powerpill-pacman

It's the one posted in the starting post. I changed the the rights for the support folder.
To be more precise, i changed the rights for everyone in the properties/security to full control.
Here's the quote from the first post:
Quote from: Jonathan on October 21, 2009, 01:51:30 PM
The fix is quite simple, you need to open the Properties of the DAMN/Support folder. Open the Security Tab, and then click edit then click add and type "Everyone" into the box that appears and then give "Everyone" full control.

Jonathan

Thanks again

Andreas

Quote from: powerpill-pacman on February 24, 2013, 08:42:39 AM
Is it normal, that i can only choose one ploppable then have to close the damn menu in order to choose another one?
Yes, that's "normal", since MML lots rely on a reward script. All reward lots work that way for some reason. I suppose Maxis thought that people would close the reward menu again anyway after they plopped the reward lot, so it would avoid one more click.
Andreas

powerpill-pacman

Ok, thanks for the info. I wish i won the lottery to buy the SC4 source code. You people would make the game the one and only necessary game.