• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fences

Started by deanva, June 29, 2019, 02:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

Are fences really needed for like airports, etc in the Simcity 4 game? Do they actually work like in the real world keeping things secured?

GMT

long story short: yes.
Even small airfields are fenced as it is a highly sensitive security area and also kinda dangerous place for everyone around.
they don't offer perfect security of course and someone who really wants to get in would find a way to do so, but for most people, a fence is just enough to keep them away from being sucked into an engine :popcorn:

... really, it is. I swear.

twalsh102

Quote from: deanva on June 29, 2019, 02:10:46 PM
Are fences really needed for like airports, etc in the Simcity 4 game? Do they actually work like in the real world keeping things secured?

I think GMT misinterpreted your question.  The real answer is no.  Fences or no fences will make no difference to game-play.  They are essentially only eye-candy.  Vehicles only move on roads.  They don't wander around off-road.  They do not move on lots that are not network enabled.  Sims, if they move, essentially only move on sidewalks.  So you don't have to worry about Sims wandering onto your tarmac, or anyplace else where they haven't been placed as props.

deanva

Thanks Twalsh I had to modify my original statement is why GMT may have answered it the way he did. Plus not using fences saves money and other issues.