• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallasey

Great region view! I like how there is one consistent urban area where the tile boundaries are now prevalent. This is something I struggle with all the time!

Do have town centres, London (and all the other UK cities) grew rapidly in the Industrial Revolution and quickly swallowed up smaller villages and hamlets. These would become throbbing shopping streets which would sustain the residential areas around it. Typically these would be on the main radial routes.

For added realism, you may find larger industrial estates on the periphery of your urban areas, but also in valley bottoms following watercourses and also railways. Newer warehousing units tend to be constructed on land sold off by the railway board.

I'd also recommend Flickr as a source. I'm sure there are many London based groups that don't focus on the landmarks.

If you can track down "Hidden History of Our Streets" on Youtube that may help. Peter Akroyds documentary on London from circa 2005 may also help.

Keep it up!

FrankU

Impressive Region view!   &apls

kelis

wow, I have no words for that region view !! You are enjoying the game a lot, building that city with natural growth, I'm impressed.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Themistokles

Stunning region view! &apls And a new Pense... will that mean new close-ups, as well? ;D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

feyss

Great region view.

I like the realistic development of the city. I really admire your patience to do this.  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Fantastic view!! It looks very realistic, and I like a lot how the green spaces are distributed around the city!!   &apls