• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaPa-J

I love both towers. I can see how I could use one near the city and one in the industrial areas.  The pumping shack is great! A better alternative than the maxis one.  Great work!  &apls

Finally a better treatment plant. This is awesome, very pleasing to the eye. Definitely going to download, once you upload that is. LOL

Thanks again!  &apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

mattb325

I love the clean version of the tower...and it's great to see another option of water treatment  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you everyone for the likes and suggestions. :thumbsup:

Complete overhaul, new models and textures with 3d effect ;D 4 different clarifiers tanks and new piping models. Also new custom gates that fit with my concrete walls.
This concludes the time I allotted to this project.

Pics.

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

brick_mortimer

You spent two days away from your computer and voila, we are spoiled once more  :P

I don't know which watertower I like best, the clean one or the rust covered safety hazard  :D
Love the hyperbole understructure, very unique.
The 3d textures on the newest version of the water treatment plant plant bring the model truly alive, love it  &apls
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Simmer2

Quote from: brick_mortimer on March 28, 2018, 01:52:22 PM
You spent two days away from your computer and voila, we are spoiled once more  :P

I don't know which watertower I like best, the clean one or the rust covered safety hazard  :D
Love the hyperbole understructure, very unique.
The 3d textures on the newest version of the water treatment plant plant bring the model truly alive, love it  &apls

You will have the option to pick either or both from the Utilities menu. ;)

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Wow, wonderful stuff  &apls  :o  So nice to visit after a while away and see so much great new stuff from you!

Andreas

Ah, I see there is some life coming into the water treatment plant. Surely a nice alternative to the same old Maxis one after so many years.

As for the water tower and not knowing which version to pick, I wonder if it would be possible to make a "long term" timed prop out of it. As we all know, the SC4 utility lots have to be replaced after a few decades, but this isn't reflected in the outer appearance after all, just a slow drop in productivity over the years.

I wonder if you could make, say, 5-6 different versions with more and more rust, and put them as timed prop onto the lot (similar to the small flora trees growing into big ones). Just an idea... &idea
Andreas

PaPa-J

Love the 3D work, brings a bigger since of realism to the lot.  &apls
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone. :thumbsup:

@Andreas I don't want this to be another Roundhouse style lot :) Wayyy too much work for just a simple utility lot. There are more compelling projects that need my attention :D

You can now download them all, 4 zips in total

SM2 Prop Pack Vol10 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3596

SM2 Ciechanow Water Tower http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3597

SM2 Small Water Pump http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3598

SM2 Water Treatment Plant  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3599

Lot count now stands at 65

Page 1 has been amended. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

Enjoy

Simmer2/Nick

PaPa-J

Thank you Simmer2!
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

noahclem

Great work man  &apls  Will put these much-needed water utilities to good use!

manga rivotra

Great work for these sewage treatment plants, which will be very useful in many of our cities.  :thumbsup:
Thank you also for the last realization, very useful and realistic.
I admire your "Scrap Metal Transfer Station" whose props are for me among the most realistic and somehow the most beautiful (although it is scrap metal ...) that I could see since a long time: this lot is a true masterpiece !  &apls &apls &apls

Kitsune

So many lots ... your making a run for Andreas most uploads on the lex record arent you ? ;)
~ NAM Team Member

feyss

I was especially looking for such a water treatment plant. Are you monitoring my computer?  :D

The few I could find weren't really of my state, but this one is perfect.

The water tower and the small pump are great too  :thumbsup:

Nevermore

Nick = Spider from Mars  :thumbsup:

brick_mortimer

Quote from: Simmer2 on March 28, 2018, 02:16:47 PM
...You will have the option to pick either or both from the Utilities menu. ;)...
You are too kind sir!  :thumbsup:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Simmer2

You are all welcome!! Really appreciate the likes and replies!

Here is a glimpse of whats to come next...;D
See if you can spot a game first on the lot;) *hint*( introducing real 3d rails...)

Simmer2/Nick

fantozzi

Just an idea: the seam of the foundation of such silos where there is shelter from heavy weather and condense water from the towers giving constant humidity - is a paradise for weeds even on arid ground. Maybe it would give some extra 'realism' (?) to put some small green spots/plants around the silo foundation or some mossy overlay texture?

Anyway, those large compound feed plants - I think they collect grain by rail and distribute the mixed fodder by truck?
Is this the way how they work?

PaPa-J

Again, stunning work. &apls

I like the tractor that is off in the weeds in the last picture.  Is that a old steam tractor?
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

feyss

The STR track going through the lot catched my eyes  :D

Awesome job again!