• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

Great work, once again. &apls Thank you!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

belfastsocrates

@Simmer - What's the building prop, the warehouse with the glass skylights, you're using on that lot?

Scrap that! :D I've just seen you've uploaded the lot for download on STEX
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Thank you Themistokles and belfastsocrates

I'm now gathering all the pieces for my next industrial project  ;D

If any of you have any rail related requests that you would like to see made, please list them here.

Simmer2, Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

FrankU

Quote from: Simmer2 on March 30, 2016, 01:01:17 PM
If any of you have any rail related requests that you would like to see made, please list them here.

Yes!
Rail in concrete for my seaports:
1. straight double, triple and fourfold,
2. connectors and transitions form one to the other
3. curves: double lines curving 90 degrees in 4 tiles and the connectable to normal rail.

Would that be feasible? Some of them you have made already, I think.
Maybe just a set of simple overlays of tracks that I can put on my own choice of concrete base textures?

belfastsocrates

Quote from: FrankU on March 31, 2016, 07:34:22 AM
Maybe just a set of simple overlays of tracks that I can put on my own choice of concrete base textures?

I'd second this as well.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Yes!
Rail in concrete for my seaports:
1. straight double, triple and fourfold,
2. connectors and transitions form one to the other
3. curves: double lines curving 90 degrees in 4 tiles and the connectable to normal rail.

Would that be feasible? Some of them you have made already, I think.

Quote from: belfastsocrates on March 31, 2016, 07:40:58 AM

I'd second this as well.

Its settled then. I will start work on a RRW compatible rail only overlay (no sleepers) with transitions points.

Frank, as I go along I will query you on possible switches configurations you wish to see made.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Shark7

If you are doing requests, I do have one.  A stockyard...rather a very large stockyard.  Having the packing plant integrated into the lot would be nice as well.

Tyberius06

Hello!
Thank you for your hard works!
I'm not a real life railway expert so I need a little explanation about hump yard and how to use it in the game. Each part of it ending in a DTR line, I guess that could connect to the main lines, but the other side is a STR line with the ramp and base. Where does that STR line come from in real life? What could be the end of that line? Any advise what should I build there?

Other thing, the request. I like roundhouses (I think oppie and the wmp team also made one in the past), so I can imagine one from you which would be compatible with RRW and somehow your previous railyards, terminals etc.

Thanks for any help!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

@ Shark7 I already made one. Its a freight and stockyard combo lot. Look here. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3312

@ Tyberius06  1) Both the DTR and STR rail stubs on the Hump Yard will only visually connect to the RRW network. Follow the instructions I made in the PDF file included with the lot. The STR line coming in can be connected to the rest of the network, it just simulates incoming freight to be sorted at the yard. Like in real life. Use your imagination :)

@ FrankU  3 hours and I got this far. They are overlays of course and some need to be cut up but you get the gist.
DTR-----STR-----DTR TO STR------TTR-----TTR TO DTR-----TTR TO STR-----QTR-----QTR TO TTR-----QTR TO DTR-----QTR TO STR-----QTR TO TTR-----DTR DIAG-----STR DIAG-----DTR END-----STR END----DTR TRANSITION-----STR TRANSITION------TTR TRANSITION-----QTR TRANSITION-----DTR 1 45-----DTR 2 45------DTR 3 45-----DTR 4 45-----DTR 5 45-----STR 1 45-----STR 2 45-----STR 3 45-----STR 4 45-----STR 5 45-----DTR 1 90-----DTR 2 90-----DTR 3 90-----DTR 4 90-----DTR 5 90-----STR 1 90-----STR 2 90-----STR 3 90-----STR 4 90-----STR 5 90.
More to come.

These are just jpeg proofs, I apologize for the watermark and the background color but because they are work in progress, I will not show the pngs until I'm ready to publish the dependency pack.

Simmer2/Nick

Gugu3

Great stuff going on here!

FrankU

Wow!
I was thinking you were going to make maybe 10 overlays.... but I admit I never counted what I was requesting. On the other hand: I think I'll only need one 90 degrees curve of about 4 tiles, but of course it's better to make one big package of consistent textures.
Fantastic!

belfastsocrates

Those overlays are fantastic Simmer!

I may reconfigure and relot my own heavy rail depot to make use of these. They'll have so many uses!

Shark7

Um...you want to know the bad part?  I already had the freight and stockyard installed, but had forgotten.  That is the problem with having so many plugins installed.  :-[

kelis

You're doing a fantastic work in the last days, your contribution to the game with all those lots and textures is really BIG, Thanks !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simmer2

Thank you for the compliments!!

Here is another update on the rail overlays dependency pack. These sleeper-less overlays are designed to mach the Real Rail Way gauge standard.

These are just some of the possible configurations you will be able to make, there are a lot more you can do. A bit of imagination will go a long way when creating new lots  ;)
Obviously I shortened them so they fit in the layout I'm presenting. By using center tiles you can make them as long as the max lot allowed which is 64 tiles long..... :D
No such dependency pack as ever been created therefore without being presumptuous I would think it will be used as the standard for this type of textures.

After this, I will create a GLR pack cloning the one I'm creating. 

There are few more pieces I need to create and the pack should be ready to release. More specialized pieces will be added as the need arises.

Again, actual size of components has been altered for copyright reasons therefore they may look askew to the connoisseur type :)

Simmer2/Nick

Without further ado here are the designs.

vortext

Excellent work Nick!  &apls

It will undoubtedly become the go-to rail texture pack indeed!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

CT14

Those overlays are looking great! They will be a huge timesaver for lotters.

belfastsocrates

Excellent!! Looking forward to seeing these progress ;)

Exciting times for lotters!

Simmer2

Why thank you guys  :)

Things are proceeding fast now, I'm stamping rails configs faster than a printer....
Heck I even made a new rail config, its called "SC4 trains black hole". As the trains approach the event horizon they experience a time dilation. Now we know why some trains are not on time  :D :D

More to show, some connectors, crossovers and end line bend.
Same rules applies as far as the copyright is concerned.

....and here is the SC4 Trains Black Hole.... ;D

Gugu3