• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

B.A.T. question....the arch tool

Started by Mr_Maison, October 25, 2007, 03:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Maison

I'm doing the B.A.T. essentials tutorial. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the arch tool acts just like the pan tool in my perspective window. I managed to rotate my view once but have no idea how I did it because 95% of the time I try to use it it just pans up down left and right. I tried playing with the little corner button to see what happens but it seems to just go right back to the bottom one(bottom of the three options). Is it just me or is my arch tool buggy?

Chrisadams3997

The perspective view for the most part isn't very helpful when modelling, I'd suggest using the 'user' view.  To change it over, while you have the 'perspective' window selected, press the 'u' button on your keyboard.  The arch tool will rotate properly in that view.

Another way to change views in a window is to right click where it says the view type in the upper left hand corner of a viewport and go to views:

Some more useful shortcuts:
t=top
b=bottom
l=left
r=right
f=front
k=back
w=min/max toggle, which will maximize the current viewport(like in my pic above), or toggle back to all of them.

Mr_Maison

Thank you so much Chrisadams. Problem solved.