• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What are you listening to right now?

Started by TheTeaCat, January 17, 2007, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Yes - "Starship Trooper" from The Yes Album (1971).  Good stuff--been far too long since I've listened to this album.  Chris Squire is an absolute beast of a bass player on this one.

-Alex

noahclem

Quote from: Tarkus on July 21, 2011, 11:52:45 PM
Yes - "Starship Trooper" from The Yes Album (1971).  Good stuff--been far too long since I've listened to this album.  Chris Squire is an absolute beast of a bass player on this one.

-Alex

Awesome. My personal favorite Yes LP is Close to the Edge

Currently listening to Traveling Wilburies "New Blue Moon", part of one of the playlists I put together for our restaurant, and now Lupe Fiasco "Kick Push"

Risu

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 21, 2011, 07:51:42 PMEverybody seems to love Deadmau5.
Honestly, I'd hate them to hell if it weren't for their music. They're such a jerk. >:(

Tarkus

Quote from: noahclem on July 22, 2011, 09:08:41 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on July 21, 2011, 11:52:45 PM

-Alex

Awesome. My personal favorite Yes LP is Close to the Edge

Always good to see another Yes enthusiast around these parts! :thumbsup:  I lean slightly toward Relayer mainly because of "The Gates of Delirium", but all five albums between The Yes Album and Relayer are absolutely phenomenal.  I think they kind of lost it from Going For The One forward.

Right now, though, I'm listening to Tame Impala - "Alter Ego". 

Just got a new pair of headphones, so I figured something really psychedelic would be a good test of the sound quality. :D

-Alex

j-dub

Listening to a cut song from Spyro Enter the Dragonfly:
http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/dl/7222/0178e6/Spyro%20the%20Dragon%204%20Enter%20the%20Dragonfly%20Rip/29_spyro4_unused_track_(mid_flute).mp3

This is the fourth version before Universal rebooted it and recasted Spyro as Ellijah Wood, this song also must mean they cut at least three levels.

Also these tracks from the same title:

http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/dl/7222/891790/Spyro%20the%20Dragon%204%20Enter%20the%20Dragonfly%20Rip/19_spyro4_honey_slide.mp3

http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/dl/7222/31d76a/Spyro%20the%20Dragon%204%20Enter%20the%20Dragonfly%20Rip/09_spyro4_luau_island.mp3

Talk about genre and culture difference!

Raindog

The shuffle in my Blue Note collection (some 280 albums) just started with the album "The Sixth Sense" by Lee Morgan (1968). After which follow Wayne Shorter, Lou Donaldson, Jimmy Smith etc, etc.

I have two YES albums in my collection as well so just checked. They are 'Fragile' and 'The YES album'. Good idea to give them a spin tomorrow.  :D
Horn broken, watch for finger...

dohraymii

Raindog, would love to plunder your Blue Note collection  ;D

Call me Mark

Sciurus

Massive Attack - Girl I Love You from the album Heligoland.

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Silur

DerChrischi

itunes Radio:
laut.fm/rockchris

i love YES: iwas 1991 in oldenbourg, 2002 Hannover and 5.12.2009 in Erfurt! Unfortunately, without Jon! I hope he is healthy again

Sciurus

Pink Floyd - Echoes from the album Meddle, 1971.

Guillaume ;)
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

nemanjanv7

- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

WC_EEND

Spiders & Vinegaroons by Queens Of The Stone Age, man what an awesome song that is.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project