• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What are you listening to right now?

Started by TheTeaCat, January 17, 2007, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

praiodan

Shadow Assassin

Hallelujah - Rammstein

01.25, and I'm listening to Rammstein :P
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

iamgoingtoeatyou

pickled_pig

I'm currently listening to the only good radio station in central NC, which seems to be right in the middle of the long and excessive organ solo that is "Light My Fire" by the Doors.

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

praiodan

jacqulina

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Tarkus

Lunar Sea?  That's probably my favorite tune by Camel, and I love the Moonmadness album.  I was just listening to The Snow Goose yesterday.

Right now, though, I'm listening to "The Revealing Science of God/Dance of the Dawn" by Yes, off of Tales from Topographic Oceans.  And pickled_pig, if you thought that organ solo in "Light My Fire" was excessively long, I wouldn't recommend what I'm currently listening to.  The song I'm listening to is close to 23 minutes long (the shortest on the entire album is 18 minutes).  Prog rock--great stuff, it is. :thumbsup: I was probably born 30 years to late as well.

(Heck, this post was long, too . . .  prog forum games. :D )

-Alex

blade2k5

I had totally forgotten about Camel until I saw your post above mine mentioning the group and went looking thru my old lps.......some trippy music eh?  I think it's the first time I've listened to it in maybe 10 years :P  Thanks for reminding me of it :thumbsup:  I also like Tangerine Dream, they did a lot of soundtracks in the 80's....I think one of them was Firestarter.

I'm also a progressive rock fan, Yes, Rush to name a couple are some of my favorite bands, but I had the good fortune of growing up with this music which means I'm getting to be an old fuddy duddy :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Bongoswimp

Clocks - Coldplay, Buena Vista Social Club Remix
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Tarkus on April 09, 2007, 03:38:27 PM
Lunar Sea?  That's probably my favorite tune by Camel, and I love the Moonmadness album.  I was just listening to The Snow Goose yesterday.

Right now, though, I'm listening to "The Revealing Science of God/Dance of the Dawn" by Yes, off of Tales from Topographic Oceans.  And pickled_pig, if you thought that organ solo in "Light My Fire" was excessively long, I wouldn't recommend what I'm currently listening to.  The song I'm listening to is close to 23 minutes long (the shortest on the entire album is 18 minutes).  Prog rock--great stuff, it is. :thumbsup: I was probably born 30 years to late as well.

(Heck, this post was long, too . . .  prog forum games. :D )

-Alex

Tales from Topographic Oceans - I got that on vinyl  ;D must dig it out and listen again. 
This is exactly what I was hoping for when I Started this thread. Finding new music to listen to, remind me of stuff I haven't listened to in a while and glad that everyone is willing to share their tastes with the rest of us :D

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 09, 2007, 08:25:50 AM
Hallelujah - Rammstein

01.25, and I'm listening to Rammstein :P

Hope you have understanding neighbours SA  ::)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Tarkus

Tales from Topographic Oceans is probably my favorite album of all time, maybe rivaled only by Yes' Relayer or King Crimson's Larks' Tongues In Aspic.  Those are probably my two favorite bands, though ELP (hence my screenname/avatar ;)), Camel and Pink Floyd are also up there, along with a few modern bands who are of an artistic, if not full-on prog inclination.

And yes, I'd agree with you, blade2k5--that album is rather trippy at times.  With "Lunar Sea", I've always liked the asymmetrical groove they got going with the faster sections.  Glad I could remind you of Camel. You're more than welcome.  ;)  Haven't listened to too much Tangerine Dream, though I picked up an official retrospective of their stuff awhile ago, and rather enjoyed it.  From what I've heard, I'd say their earlier stuff even rivals Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd in terms of the trippy factor.   And I wouldn't say you're an old fuddy duddy--this stuff is timeless as far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:

And to continue flowing with the listening game, I'm currently listening to "The Ancient/Giants Under The Sun" by Yes, also off of Tales from Topographic Oceans.  That's the aforementioned "short" track on the album. :D  And thanks, TTC, for starting this thread.

-Alex

BigSlark

Counting Crow-August and Everything After-Perfect Blue Buildings from 1993. Early 90's alt (?) rock doing what it does best.

Cheers,
Senator Slark
Writing Legislation instead of playing SC4 tonight

Emperor Stormont

Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs which will be followed by Zombie by the Cranberries

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHope you have understanding neighbours SA  Roll Eyes

I have headphones. :P
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

praiodan

Quote from: Bongoswimp on April 09, 2007, 03:57:18 PM
Clocks - Coldplay, Buena Vista Social Club Remix
Excellent choice, Bongo  :thumbsup:

J Geils Band - Centerfold
(this song is crazy. but I love it  :D )

Bongoswimp

Thx mate! Just discovered it few days ago.

Bella Ciao - Tryo & Zebda
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

spartanB292

The hangmans song-Puerto Muerto
albums See you in Hell i think
Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you sir!