• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Conversion to HTTPS (March 2019)

Started by Tarkus, March 09, 2019, 07:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Hello SC4 Devotees-

I am pleased to announce that we are currently in the process of converting the entire site over to HTTPS, bringing all of SC4D up to current-day web standards.  The LEX had been operating in HTTPS previously, the Wiki has now been converted, and the forums are largely converted.  The process with the forums has been complicated by our current situation with our webhost, and PHP and SMF versions, but a workaround is now in place that secures the more critical aspects of the forums (namely, login and cookies). 

Some features of the forums may still be served up via plain HTTP, there may occasionally be some slowdowns, and some things here and there may appear broken as a result, but rest assured, we are working to address those, and if you find any aspect of the site that has started acting up since this change, please let us know, so we can ensure the best (and most secure) SC4D experience.  Thank you for your continued support of SC4D and the SC4 community!

Tarkus
SC4D Admin

PaPa-J

Thanks Tarkus! This will make the site even better. Thanks again for all the behind the scenes work you and the other staff here do.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

metarvo

Finally my browser will stop giving me these security warnings every time I log in to the site.  Thanks!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

911Diva

twalsh102

Tarkus,
Wasn't sure whether this would be the proper place for for this, or whether or not it's already been reported (the Bugs and Technical Issues Topic hasn't been added to since Dec. 2016, and I couldn't find the issue reported anyplace else).

Per your request in the announcement to report "any aspect of the site that has started acting up since the change," I provide the following info:

LEX Release and LEX Spotlight have been blank since you reported the conversion.  I'm using a fully updated copy of Firefox.  I get the same results with MS Edge.  Is this one of the bugs you were already working on?  Is it possible I'm the only one experiencing this?

I haven't experienced any other issues with the parts of the website I frequent.

As always, all your (and your staff's) efforts to keep the website operating are greatly appreciated.!

Tarkus

Thanks, twalsh102, for bringing that to my attention. :thumbsup:  It seems the code for that feature was still linking via HTTP instead of HTTPS, and that was breaking it.  It should now be working properly.

-Alex

PaPa-J

It's working on my end, thanks Tarkus!!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

twalsh102