• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

This is where I will sell Pyramid Schemes, Unguents, Snake Oil and promote Small Islands and lesser Principalities as Off-shore Tax-havens.

Oh, and I will display the occasional upcoming Bat/lot creations (just to keep Interpol off the trail) :D ::)

Stay tuned   :P

DuskTrooper

How about your assorted nuclear weapons arsenal?  I'm looking to buy...

AHEM...I mean for "civilian use..." I mean...I'm looking forward to seeing some of those BATs of yours!  ;)
SC4, forevermore!

callagrafx

Cool, pyramids...Can I get one with built in booby traps, a couple of secret passages and one of those nice doggie statues?  Oh, and don't forget the concubines  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

mattb325

Nuclear arsenal and boobytraps? Goodness me, you people must think I'm a shady character or something. I can't imagine where you got that impression  $%Grinno$%  :D

Anyway, here's an upcoming one for release. It's actually an old model I'd forgotten about, but it's been given a new lease of life. It's a Mail Distribution centre. In Australia, many of the business parks have both a dual corporate and light industrial function. This mail distribution centre was made as an attempt to emulate that.

It has a lot of options. A 6x6 IHT as well as C$$ (depending on what you want)

As well as an 8x8 Mega Industrial (thanks to barby for this one). I've included this as a night-shot

Also, swamper has turned the postal trucks into automata which is incredibly cool  :thumbsup:

Rayden

Speechless :o &apls

M4346

Wow! That looks amazing!  &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

narocos300

This is Coolios  ;D
I can't wait to see it released  &apls
:thumbsup:

Yoder7652

very nice matt...ubber modern  &apls

bat

tag_one

looks very great! I love the architecture of it and the nightlights are perfect

EDGE4194

:thumbsup: beautiful building. Great work Matt

Adept2Rock

Oaow!!Beautiful!I love! but can you just change the australia name and put French name: La Poste?!

Thank you! ;)
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Adriano57

Yes it's a good idea Adept2Rock ! 

mattb325 ; That looks amazing ! Great Work ! I love the roof and the architecture

Swamper77

Quote from: Adept2Rock on February 06, 2007, 07:49:19 AM
Oaow!!Beautiful!I love! but can you just change the australia name and put French name: La Poste?!

[image removed]

Thank you! ;)
If he does that, I'll have to make a new file for the automata then. Not that I mind though because that is a 5 min job compared to the 6+ hour job of making an automata vehicle from scratch ;)

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

mattb325

Adept2Rock.
That is funny you should mention this.
I remember doing this model and creating a whole series of little props and signs as a kind of regional add on pack (there were also a couple of post office buildings which I have given to barbyw to work her magic on) the idea behind it was that someone could simply select the models according their region; I had made la groupe la poste; tpg; deutsche post, usps, etc, etc.

I hadn't the modding skills (still don't, thank god for those who do :D $%Grinno$%) to implement what I wanted. I don't know whether I kept the models, but I'll see in some of my back-ups (I had suffered a computer crash and lost some work) and post if that's the case...

Adept2Rock

Oh!!!Very good!!!Thank you Matt! ;)
Swamper: Sorry i think i don't understand all..sorry :-[ Language Barrier  &mmm
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Bongoswimp

Hey Matt!

It's great to see you released the distribution centre. I just remembered your other post offices you made some time ago. I looked in my folders but found only lots and descs of those offices. No models. I really hope they still exist. What a pity if we lost them.
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

cammo2003

Thankyou for uploading the MEGA pack, whoever did so. It was in somewhat of a limbo, and I happened to need it (was getting brown boxes on the new homes).

jacqulina

excellent work and great details

mattb325

Thanks everyone...

While playing the game I noticed a distinct lack of fire and police stations. Particularly wall-2-wall stations.

So, I have started making some.

This is what is here so far: the brick version is modelled (loosely) on a fire station here in Sydney. It is a 2x2 corner W2W lot.

But, the brick one may not be suitable for Euro players, so I gave it a little bit of a Euro feel

I intend to do more fires stations and police stations and have made a start on a lovely station that Deadwoods provided a picture of...