• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Confused with textures and Lotpack

Started by mrbisonm, February 28, 2013, 09:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

I made a small clean up a couple of months ago, nothing much, just got rid of 3 or 4 files that I found useless, but I don't remember which ones, and this morning started playing again in my MD region, when I found these lots below (all named) without a groundtexture, but the nightsky background showing through.

5715 Oak Street
555 Saint Anne Street
245 Elmtrek Road
391 Songbird Chase
5759 Manor Street
2 Mill House Rd
Golden West Homes
Narrow Lot Colonial
113 Brick Street Mews
901 Strong Axe Place
1093 Dewy Branch Street
1515 Spring Crest Street
45 Little Brook Street

At first I thought these are JMyers Homes Vol1, I checked the dependencies, and.....strange enough, I had them all.

BSC Textures Pack CycleDog Vol 1
BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 02
BSC Essentials

I am lost now and I am asking for help to find me these individual homes or the set. . Does anyone recognize them by the name or looks? In google search it was useless.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jmyers2043

Quote from: mrbisonm on February 28, 2013, 09:02:02 PM
At first I thought these are JMyers Homes Vol1

They are. Most of the homes have custom base and overlay textures too. The textures are included with the download. It's called JFM_Tiny homes.dat and deploys to \SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC Textures\JMyers. You should be back to normal if you locate it or do a re-install.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Thanks Jim, I feel a lot better now.

I thought so that it was your Vol1 Home Pack, but when I saw that I had all the dependencies and still the lots didn't fully show up, I became a little worried and started wondering where the heck I got these houses from. (I never had the chance to play with your set yet)
Anyways, now I know what happened why I didn't have all these JFM_Tiny homes.dat files needed, because they installed themselves in the My Documents Sc4 Plugins folder, where I never look because usually the BSC folder only holds useless pics and readme's.

One more reason to hate these freaking Installers.......argh. I always have had problems with this, they're installing files where I don't want to even when I indicate to install them into another folder, when installing, jamming the damn html page that pops up everytime when the installer finished and needing the taskmanager to close the freakin' page and finally this, installing necessary files hidden in the MyDocuments folder.
I know, it is my fault (I'm not blaming anyone, except maybe the inventer), but it feels good to have mentioned my " love" for Installers here.....lol

BTW, in case you didn't know, I have my game installed on the D:/ Drive, all alone and by itself. A question of better and lot faster gameplay and organisation of files. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Jim, if you wanna see some "good" snow, we still got lots, about 3 feet or so. ;) I suppose you have been into your garden already, at least planning what you're gonna plant and seed, right? I can't wait myself. ;)

Greetings

Fred

mrbisonm

One problem leads to another....lol
Now that I have solved (I mean you Jim) the missing texture mystery, my beautiful little homes have another missing something, probably a prop.

Here is what I have in my Plugins all unzipped and ready :

JMyers Homes Vol 01 and all its files included in the upload.
BSC Textures Pack CycleDog Vol 1
BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
BSC MEGA Props CP Vol02
BSC Essentials

Now what am I missing? If I go by the LEX page, I am supposed to have everything that these lots need, but.......??? Do you have an idea? Thanks

Fred

jmyers2043

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 04, 2013, 06:42:36 PM
Now what am I missing? If I go by the LEX page, I am supposed to have everything that these lots need, but.......??? Do you have an idea? Thanks

A problem for those who have the ancient version of CP prop packs. Read about it here. 

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=536.msg433772#msg433772

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

That's it. Thanks again, Jim. Much appreciated.
I didn't know that the CP files were updated, so I still had the older ones. I also haven't been on your page because just about that time I got sick. (Just trying to bail out here and find some excuses and not look too stupid) ;)

Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna have some serious Play with your files and see what they all look like.

Fred